Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Miftan posted:

You can just buy and wear those if they're the right size. There's no laws about it or anything!

i'm actually wearing the tasteful mint hoodie i bought on that occasion right now

42 is the number from the funny book about space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i'm actually wearing the tasteful mint hoodie i bought on that occasion right now

I've got a pink one that says "Sharing is Caring", it's fantastic.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's only this century really that male fashion has been dowdy (well amongst the non-peasantry at least).
Just Google male fashion in Elizabethan times for a start!

Like that "dress manly" meme image.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We need to reclaim pink, it being a girls colour in the west is so weird. Back in Punjab a pink turban and shirt is perfectly masculine, you can get straight-married in a completely pink outfit and noone will bat an eye.

That’s a fantastic outfit :eyepop: I love that pastel pink. In fact I painted my hallway that colour.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Microplastics posted:

I don't care as long as hoodies never go out of fashion.

If the world turns its back on hoodies I will burn the world down

Hoodies and tshirts, absolute simplistic yet genius.
And it took near 2000 years to invent them.
The next evolution of the hoodie will be a onsie but its cargo pants lower half, hoodie upper.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I've got to buy a suit for my friends wedding in a couple months and yeah with it having been awhile since I had to think about it, it's such a pain in the rear end. I was like "oh maybe I'll hire one and then it can be a bit more interesting" but then hiring them is about as expensive as straight up buying one.

I was actually a bit surprised that "classic" suit and tie was what they went with as a requirement, they're a pretty non traditional couple so I was half expecting them to just say "wear what you want".

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

happyhippy posted:

The next evolution of the hoodie will be a onsie but its cargo pants lower half, hoodie upper.

Frankly i'm amazed onesies/rompers have caught on as much as they have. Seems very annoying if I need sit down on a toilet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's what the butt flap is for.

E: one of the things the butt flap is for.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

happyhippy posted:

2000 counting from what? Is there a throughline between roman times and the hoodie?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A tunic is just a long t shirt.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

This but with pockets, and knee pockets.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Brendan Rodgers posted:

2000 counting from what? Is there a throughline between roman times and the hoodie?

Fair enough, 100,000 to 500,000 years since the invention of clothing then.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

It's all great till you get a dose of the skitter. :eek:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

happyhippy posted:

Fair enough, 100,000 to 500,000 years since the invention of clothing then.

Haha sorry I wasn't being pedantic I thought there was some connection you were making.

Hopefully Global Warming brings back the Ancient Egyptian style of men going topless in a short skirt while wearing mascara/kohl/eye makeup. Fashion is cyclical after all.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 13, 2023

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

..sort of?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birrus

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Whichever clothing and/or materials are best for dealing with sweat are the ones that need to rise to ascendency, this country ain't getting any less humid.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We need to reclaim pink, it being a girls colour in the west is so weird. Back in Punjab a pink turban and shirt is perfectly masculine, you can get straight-married in a completely pink outfit and noone will bat an eye.

I'm jealous of dark-skinned people because bright (and even neon) colours can look awesome on them. Some white people can pull off brighter colours but I think they look terrible on me. It's just a colour-theory/contrast thing.

I have worn pink before - think I had a pastelly pink T-shirt for a while, but I'm much more at home in "boring white guy" colours and it makes me sad. I know I could say "gently caress it" and just wear whatever, but I also don't want to look like a dickhead (yeah OK make your jokes).

There are of course other things dark-skinned people have to put up with which I'm very much not jealous about.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Interesting, I love the mosaic the article refers to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Haha sorry I wasn't being pedantic I thought there was some connection you were making.

Hopefully Global Warming brings back the Ancient Egyptian style of men going topless in a short skirt while wearing mascara/kohl/eye makeup. Fashion is cyclical after all.

The women were also doing that IIRC

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Ah no worries. Im sure there are loads of hoodies throughout time, just weird it didnt become common until recently.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Whichever clothing and/or materials are best for dealing with sweat are the ones that need to rise to ascendency, this country ain't getting any less humid.

We'll at least save money on clothing.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Quick question - who are the Union Goons in here? I would like to talk to someone about the feasibility and practicality of setting up a Union for particularly abused freelance workers. I think there’s a couple here who might be agreeable to a PM or a chat?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Dabir posted:

It's very practical, even the eye makeup will reduce glare from the sun, there are still athletes and soldiers putting a line of black under their eyes.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

happyhippy posted:

Woeful Fremen cosplay. Where's the kneepads? Where are you gonna put the poo poo? 0/10 My Kull is not remotely Wahaded.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

When I first used to visit Egypt I clocked that all the men wore cotton vests under their shirts (that is British style vests not US 'vests' which are really waistcoats).
On the assumption that men never do anything as a general population that inconveniences themselves, I bought a load of ladies' cotton vest tops and they were absolutely great for absorbing sweat without sweat marks on my top shirt.

Same with 'cycling shorts' made of cotton (aka 'bloomers' under jeans - never understood why it is considered acceptable to wear lycra cycling shorts but you are a laughing stock if you wear the same things in cotton - source: my sister laughing at cotton 'bloomers' while wearing lycra cycling shorts) but I digress. Wonderful for absorbing sweat.

I used to feel sorry for the women most of whom were clad head to toe in tight polyester.
Actually some who wore the abayas (long black non-form-fitting cassock style item) told me that it was much cooler as they didn't wear a lot under those!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've been wearing a thin cotton t shirt under my fireproof overalls and that keeps the sweat manageable yeah, still too loving hot but as comfortable as you can be like that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I made a conscious effort to branch out from endless black t-shirts when I hit my mid 20s but mostly because we got pets with white fur and everything I own that’s darker than a medium grey gets absolutely loving riddled with it. I have a couple of special occasion black shirts that I have to wash separately from everything else, and only put on right before I leave the house so they don’t get jumped on and clambered over.

The pastels and pinks don’t necessarily match with the shaved head, big beard and significant amount of visible tattoos and facial piercings but who gives a poo poo?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This sounds silly, but this guy looks so happy that it cheered me up a bit.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Massive jeans are great because no matter if I'm fat or thin they're the only things my mutant rugby calves will fit into

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

The pastels and pinks don’t necessarily match with the shaved head, big beard and significant amount of visible tattoos and facial piercings but who gives a poo poo?

They absolutely do.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
bucket hats have had like 3 revivals by now, each less explicable than the last

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I just know this is one of you:

Other colourways are available:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 13, 2023

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

But who's the chump in the beard

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Can't manage the beard but drat I want that hat.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Runcible Cat posted:

Can't manage the beard but drat I want that hat.

ed: Link deleted as apparently it is a pirated one.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 13, 2023

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's on Amazon :guillotine:

That's a pirated one.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 14, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Too much Hentai leads to this sorry end. :cthulhu:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dabir posted:

Huh, well remembered. Do you also recall how they built the pyramids

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Microplastics posted:

Huh, well remembered. Do you also recall how they built the pyramids

Put one brick on top of another until it's done

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
No they just landed them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I had a period of thinking I may be nb but it turned out I just thought gender-bending fashion looks awesome a lot of the time.

Nowadays I hugely enjoy going out in eye makeup and some subtle lippy sometimes but still otherwise groomed and dressed like a very straight, muscly cis guy. Gender’s bullshit, just do what you like. Or gender should be bullshit, sadly it is not bullshit for many of us :(

Fashion wise I’m enormously pleased cyberpunk stuff is kinda making inroads. Or it is if l have anything to do with it :colbert: