Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:unsmith:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701760407197647271?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am confused that the worst team in the league that got rid of all of their good players and deliberately tanked is bad.

Significant upgrades at edge, two LB spots, WR, RT, RG and the team looks worse

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am confused that the worst team in the league that got rid of all of their good players and deliberately tanked is bad.

If you can't be remotely competitive with $100 million in cap space and have added no real impact players, it's not a good sign.

It's obviously one week and they come out and win 30-7 this weekend and it's fine.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like firing any GM after 2 years is too much. The team was pretty crappy when he got them. He's made some questionable and outright bad moves, but some other stuff that will hopefully pay off. The coaching just seems straight up bad right now though. No creativity, guys out there barely giving a poo poo, and just some absolutely clueless poo poo.

This is a copy paste from Ryan Pace's 2nd season

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Eberflus is John Fox. Getsy is Nagy. Time is a Flat Circle. I'm Losing My loving Mind

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

Significant upgrades at edge

lol what

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

From total dogshit to merely rear end

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

GNU Order posted:

Eberflus is John Fox. Getsy is Nagy. Time is a Flat Circle. I'm Losing My loving Mind

So we're firing Eberflus this year and promoting Getsy?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

GNU Order posted:

no bears fans are talking about the 2023 chicago bears we're talking about the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021 and mostly the 2022 bears. It's the same poo poo every year (except 2018)

2018 was quite the phenomenon in retrospect

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well, we were hoping they would get new good players, but maybe the Claypool trade should have been a sign.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bird in a Blender posted:

So we're firing Eberflus this year and promoting Getsy?

I would transcend reality like Hugh Jackman at the end of The Fountain if this happened

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You can't get enough players in one offseason to make a completely gutted team good.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

You can't get enough players in one offseason to make a completely gutted team good.

well you can, but you have to largely be extremely lucky.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

I get the impression the bears didn't try to get any

E: apologies they got dj Moore, a great receiver so they did try at least one thing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's time to bring back Keith Traylor and Ted Washington

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Was Tarik Cohen the guy from that long article who had a whole ton of death and hardship in his life, then something else godawful happened like a week after the article came out?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Was Tarik Cohen the guy from that long article who had a whole ton of death and hardship in his life, then something else godawful happened like a week after the article came out?

Yeah, Tarik had a rough go of things.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I really hope Cohen plays again. He was so fun to watch.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

GNU Order posted:

I think it's more like Trestman and Emery. Eberflus is in way over his head, and you already have players quitting on him. Poles is drafting athletic guys who suck, making bad free agency signings, and trading for a #1 WR they'll never properly utilize. Eberflus over McDaniel/Pederson/O'Connell is not as bad Trestman over Arians though.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Jaguars just did this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tarik rules and I'm so happy he got paid before he got hurt. Wasn't it a freak punt return injury followed by another serious injury while training? I vaguely remember a video where you can hear his achilles pop.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/jzulgad/status/1702015447795683642

IcePhoenix posted:

Kirk is going to die against that D-line vs our O-Line

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

GNU Order posted:

This is a copy paste from Ryan Pace's 2nd season

That would be a pretty good gimmick account, someone just goes back years copy/pasting posts and replies that completely fit today's narrative.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Niwrad posted:

I think it's more like Trestman and Emery. Eberflus is in way over his head, and you already have players quitting on him. Poles is drafting athletic guys who suck, making bad free agency signings, and trading for a #1 WR they'll never properly utilize.

I was thinking Fox because Eberflus is another red assed defensive hustle guy who hasn't earned any player respect so they all give up on him, and Nagy because Getsy is another "offensive guru" who's more interested in installing his neat plays than letting his best players do what they do best

But the fact that every iteration of this looks pretty much the same proves the point either way

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Salim_BGhoops/status/1702053423951048965

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Niwrad posted:

The Jaguars just did this.

The Bears don't have an Urbz -level rear end in a top hat to fire to bring the team together.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
At least Trestman won 8 games in a season and had the second highest scoring offense in the league

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Brrrmph posted:

2018 was quite the phenomenon in retrospect

2018 is a mirror of 2001. Came outa no where and just as quickly left. We just had 5 lovely qbs for a stretch during and after instead of 60.

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's time to bring back Keith Traylor and Ted Washington

That Traylor return against the jags was fun.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1701983435298865290?t=BHPp3FTpPVoJmPr19CgaRA&s=19

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Fields basically looked like someone told him, if it’s not 100%, check down.

I’m not sure if that was actually the directive, but goddamn that’s what it looked like.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I really just want to see how many first overall picks the Bears can keep amassing and then still find ways to have the worst record in football.

The year is 2035, there is talk of the Bears should trade Justin Fields, who is on his 12th consecutive one year prove-it contract. There are some nice looking QBs in the draft, and the bears hold the first nine and next 17 picks. But, the Cardinals have expressed interest in trading down from 10.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I really just want to see how many first overall picks the Bears can keep amassing and then still find ways to have the worst record in football.

The Hue Jackson Browns redux

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Claypool couldn't even earn credit for that, either.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1702077486253654259

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Everyone who watched the game knows Claypool wasnt physical enough to get that penalty.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/1702122941696090435

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/1702129168677314886

God we might be approaching an Emery/Trestman level shitshow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

when Eberflus/Getsy decides in Week 14 that the best way to save their job is to start Tyson Bagent >>>>

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

when Eberflus/Getsy decides in Week 14 that the best way to save their job is to start Tyson Bagent >>>>

Week 14 might be generous if things keep going the way they are going

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I give them til week 5 tbh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bears having an organization wide meltdown on week 2 has to be a record.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
It's not Urban Meyer levels yet, but holy cow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MacheteZombie posted:

Bears having an organization wide meltdown on week 2 has to be a record.

Having to play the packers was terrible luck. Losing to like the Patriots and I don’t think we get this big of a freak out, but everyone hates losing to GB.