Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

he looks like a pervert

Turn on ur monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess they went for the Buzz Aldrin gross old man vibe.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cojawfee posted:

I guess they went for the Buzz Aldrin gross old man vibe.

I hope we get Ed punching a Moon or Mars denier then.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lmao that that's how they would primp him up to be the face for a marketing campaign

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Data Graham posted:

Lmao that that's how they would primp him up to be the face for a marketing campaign

I mean, this is ersatz SpaceX we're talking about here.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Mokotow posted:

Holy poo poo that sure is a look for Ed!

2021 Ronald D. Moore posted:

It’s a unique structure because it’s a generational tale and characters are going to have to kind of cycle in and cycle out. There is a fair number of brand-new characters as well as existing ones. Some will die and some will just sort of leave the story. And we have to start making those decisions now.

2023 Showrunners (probably) posted:

some older characters will now have a beard

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I feel like they went a little too far with the time jumps season to season.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

A decade per season is a good pace, they just failed to commit to cycling characters in and out over time as they should

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I hope the season starts with them burying the characters that aren’t coming back so we know for sure they’re not coming back

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AI Karen is coming back

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
show jumped the shark first episode of season 3 by not taking the opportunity to murk everyone from the first two seasons, which were fuckin' great

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

AI Karen is coming back

L-l-l-look at you, Danny, a p-pathetic creature of uppers and downers. Panting and sweating as you ru-run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal CEO?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's set in 2003, do you think they still invade Iraq for no reason?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I dunno did 9/11 happen?

Probably not since the Middle East might not be as flush with cash.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

First season of this show was really good. I still stand by that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All of the seasons are good but there are a few story missteps but it doesn’t take away from the show being overall good.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
it'll be space 9/11

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I thought the gulf states had no power in this universe because everyone has unlimited nuclear fusion energy?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

it'll be space 9/11

That was basically the finale of last season yes

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Cojawfee posted:

It's set in 2003, do you think they still invade Iraq for no reason?

Considering that, in this timeline, George H.W. Bush was never elected Vice President, let alone President, I’d say the odds are low his son ever goes beyond owner of the Texas Rangers.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

DamnGlitch posted:

That was basically the finale of last season yes

It was more Oklahoma City than 9/11

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Exodor posted:

Ah, true.

Given the different administrations and presumably less Middle East blowback… well, I’m hoping they don’t feel the need to come up with an over simplistic analog.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Until they make the Organization of Uranium Exporting Countries and the US has to invade Kazakhstan to provide and distribute freedom.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They’re mining Helium-3 on the moon for fusion, they don’t need Uranium for fission.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

bawfuls posted:

They’re mining Helium-3 on the moon for fusion, they don’t need Uranium for fission.

Your brains the one with the helium coated shell.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
They could always do a Organization of Lithium Exporting Countries and have it centered around South America cause apparently a lot of those countries have vast reserves of lithium (according to my 15 seconds of googling). And then they wouldn’t have to change much of the history since the US has hosed around in South America a lot irl.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lots of lithium out in the stars at this point

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

So what's the big twist of the season gonna be? My money is on Mars declaring independence by the end of the season.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That would be premature and unearned, making me pine once again for a KSR Mars Trilogy show instead, so yeah that’s probably what it’ll be.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Ed finally managed to be the first at something (landing on Jupiter)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

They could always do a Organization of Lithium Exporting Countries and have it centered around South America cause apparently a lot of those countries have vast reserves of lithium (according to my 15 seconds of googling). And then they wouldn’t have to change much of the history since the US has hosed around in South America a lot irl.

They are already mining lithium on the moon though?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Exodor posted:

I'd put it way above in national consciousness than OKC, as NASA is very popular in this timeline.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

DamnGlitch posted:

They are already mining lithium on the moon though?

Are they? I’m not aware of there being mineable quantities of lithium on the moon.

I think you’re thinking of helium-3.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Guys I'm starting to get worried that they're leaving it awfully late for Jimmy Carter to become President and make the world a better place.... :ohdear:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Guys I'm starting to get worried that they're leaving it awfully late for Jimmy Carter to become President and make the world a better place.... :ohdear:

He spent the previous 30 years being lowered into nuclear reactors to save the world over and over again.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Jerusalem posted:

in 2003 Jimmy Carter was the exact age that Joe Biden was when he took office

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cojawfee posted:

Until they make the Organization of Uranium Exporting Countries and the US has to invade Kazakhstan to provide and distribute freedom.

Nah, push comes to shove, we can filter uranium out of seawater. It's expensive but the beauty of fission is that fuel costs are a small fraction of the total energy cost.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Ed finally managed to be the first at something (landing on Jupiter)

He’s going to Uranus

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Glad we're in the 2000s. I don't get why so many people are eager for this show to do a big time jump to become another space opera set in the future. The "alt history" angle is the biggest unique factor that makes it hit different than Star Trek, The Expanse, The Ark, Dark Matter, et al. I'm also glad if they did quietly ditch a few characters between seasons-- while I like the alt history angle, the half-century running soap opera nepotism dynasties were straining credulity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Tbh I think Danny's still gonna be in the series. After all, I don't think Jodoe Balfour is credited either and she is coming back.