Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

5200 silver is kind of insane considering that the entire season they came from, including all the cosmetics and a lot of gear and activities, cost less than 20% of that

Yeah. It's a white-hot topic across the internet right now, with two very loud voices

Camp A: that's too much money, the season was only $10. I wanted to buy these but I won't at this price

Camp B: $10 gave you the opportunity to earn it all, so it's not a fair comparison. Every item is now priced in line with other ornaments, armor sets, etc

Overall sentiment is leaning toward the 'very negative' though. I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie comes out and uh ... "clarifies" ... winky-winky.. that you'll be able to buy it for bright dust in week 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never spent money on the Eververse and I never will

I still have 100 left over silver from the one time they handed it out for free lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah. It's a white-hot topic across the internet right now, with two very loud voices

Camp A: that's too much money, the season was only $10. I wanted to buy these but I won't at this price

Camp B: $10 gave you the opportunity to earn it all, so it's not a fair comparison. Every item is now priced in line with other ornaments, armor sets, etc

Overall sentiment is leaning toward the 'very negative' though. I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie comes out and uh ... "clarifies" ... winky-winky.. that you'll be able to buy it for bright dust in week 6

Camp C, upon learning that Camp A and Camp B are once again arguing about armor that don't got no stats on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCKNI2qbGE

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Worth noting also that the Dead Man's Revenge skin for DMT is also currently available under the 30th anniversary ornaments, which has much clearer iron sights.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

Camp C, upon learning that Camp A and Camp B are once again arguing about armor that don't got no stats on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCKNI2qbGE

Oh yeah, I don't care about the fashion aspect of Destiny either. I think a lot of people are just sensitive to price hikes in 2023, for various reasons. Plus it's an easy bit of A/B testing to see how much the cosmetics costs when they were sold by Bungie ($10) and how much they are now under Sony ($90)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also Camp D, upon being reminded that Season of the Worthy happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkP6TSi8QEQ

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Season of the High Net Worthy

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Season of 100 Million War Sat Launch Event completions.

wait, we mean Season of the 10 War Sat Launch Event completions.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Season of we thought it would be a good idea to replace the seasonal event with a much harder version halfway through

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Season of the NO gently caress DON'T JUMP ONTO THE loving PAD WITH ONE SECOND LEFT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Having that single add ruin a whole run for the perfect run achievement, priceless

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You got brutally punished for letting any enemies make it onto the pad and the enemies had jet packs and invisibility.

Ohhhh, it makes me mad just remembering it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I got the seasonal title for all of the seasons.

Except for that one.

I was only missing one triumph, and you know which one it was.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Paracelsus posted:

I got the seasonal title for all of the seasons.

Except for that one.

I was only missing one triumph, and you know which one it was.

I managed to get an instance with 9 people all working on the public event and got the Almighty title. It sort of cheapens all future titles because I never take that one off.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you had a party of 6, you could roll the dice on area matchmaking until you had two different fireteams coordinated through a PSN party standing next to each other

That season title should have been “Worthy” though

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i'm immune to the title grind because i will never stop using reckoner :hehe:

e: that's not true. i will occasionally put on dredgen to reveal my power level

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my "run" key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.

Relatedly that Wastelander finisher you can't get anymore is pretty cool

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 13, 2023

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
Wayfarer for life

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I like Chronicler so everyone knows if they have a lore question I’m down to answer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I refuse to earn a title

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I try to earn each seasonal title just to assure myself I got my money's worth and saw all the Content, but I will never wear any of them because

RBA Starblade posted:

I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my "run" key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I got star bakery and I will never use anything else. I like to imagine I'm the hotshot pastry chef at the city

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Scallywag or bust. Forever gonna be a pirate :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fatebreaker on my Hunter, Descendant on my Titan, Champ on my Warlock.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
"My Seraph..."

Never taking that one off.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Disciple-Slayer on the hunter, Descendant on the warlock, Fatebreaker on the titan. Except when I gild a title or finish the seasonal one, I’ll rock that for a week or two.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Shadow and Rivensbane. Bungie needs to go back to requiring flawless completions for the raid title.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
The emblem is more of the thing I care about, I just pick whichever tryhard pve emblem I like at the time. CE challenge one at the moment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pond pals 4 life

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I miss my seraph title on my old account :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RocketRaygun posted:

Shadow and Rivensbane. Bungie needs to go back to requiring flawless completions for the raid title.

I'm proud of my Fatebreaker pin, but yeah, that's ridiculous. The idea that you demonstrated mastery of a raid without completely it flawlessly is a farce.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

God gently caress no, that'd destroy any interest I have in even considering chasing titles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flawless Crota is very, very achievable at least so if they were going to bring it back this raid should have been it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Flawless Crota is very, very achievable at least so if they were going to bring it back this raid should have been it.

I feel like most any raid flawless is achievable, they're just varying flavors of tedious.

"Oops we made a mistake, time to start the whole raid over" just isn't the kind of challenge I like.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bit sad I never got chronicler before it was vaulted, but I'm never taking Wayfarer off my warlock main.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They should change all the flawless triumphs (raid and dungeon) to per-encounter, like the elemental ones. Losing a 1.5 hour run becasri you did two flawless encounters and then someone fell off a platform is neither fun nor challenging

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

haveblue posted:

They should change all the flawless triumphs (raid and dungeon) to per-encounter, like the elemental ones. Losing a 1.5 hour run becasri you did two flawless encounters and then someone fell off a platform is neither fun nor challenging

The architects demand sacrifices

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

haveblue posted:

It is infact very funny, so funny I'm going to post it from two perspectives!

https://streamable.com/ztnjab

https://streamable.com/aj90qh
incase it isn't obvious Bark is being architect'd by teleporting into an asset on the level, killing him instantly, and ending our run

Flawless is an endurance test in and of itself, requiring you to deal with increase in stakes as the encounters keep on going. Riven for instance, requires you to either flawless an extremely difficult encounter, or be able to cheese it perfectly on the first go (not always a given).

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'll always be a Star Baker because the only titles I have are it and Ghost Writer. Both are good, but I like baking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like most any raid flawless is achievable, they're just varying flavors of tedious.

"Oops we made a mistake, time to start the whole raid over" just isn't the kind of challenge I like.

VOG flawless seems like it 100% comes down to someone not paying attention at the Gorgons and how resistant to trying to just speed through it everyone gets on rounds two through eight after that