Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Chances of a cool spinoff Kirby game is high, hoping for a Dream Course successor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larryb posted:

Speaking of franchises, what are the chances of us seeing another Kirby game before the Switch dies (even if it’s just another spinoff title)?

i dont know

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Speaking of franchises, what are the chances of us seeing another Kirby game before the Switch dies (even if it’s just another spinoff title)?

125%

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

hatty posted:

Chances of a cool spinoff Kirby game is high, hoping for a Dream Course Air Ride successor

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seconded (kind of surprised they haven’t done one by now honestly)

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

They have one or more Kirby titles every year with the smaller eshop games. I'd say it's a lock.

They won't announce new hardware before the holidays are over, and then a half year at least from announcement to release... I don't think you could reasonably see a switch 2 on the market until like June '24 at the soonest.

Looking at Wikipedia and the biggest gap in Kirby games in the last decade was the 18 months before Forgotten Land, and it's already been 8 months since the last Kirby game. I punch those numbers into a calculator, it says Kirby time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also from what I understand the eshop Kirby titles are typically released with little to no fanfare (Dream Buffet is the first one I actually remember seeing an advertisement/trailer for)

I don’t see them releasing another major Kirby game at least until 2024 but something smaller scale would make sense

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 13, 2023

Electromax
May 6, 2007
My 5-year-old and I beat Kirby a few weeks ago, then the secret boss and later the coliseum final secret boss. It was his first game he played through the whole thing and flipped his poo poo when we beat the final arena boss with a micro-sliver of health left after a couple tries. Forgotten Land is a solid game all around.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Read After Burning posted:

The other day I spoke to a child that thought Wind Waker was originally released on the Wii U.

I told them, no, I was in fifth grade when it came out on the Gamecube. Now excuse me while I crumple into dust.

:shepicide:

Ha, 5th grade. I'd graduated 2 years before WW's release.

:corsair:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Gaspy Conana posted:

i did one of those bingo cards

Free space should be Silksong.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffle! posted:

You'll get another 1-2-Switch and like it!

But we just got another one and it is apparently pretty terrible.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Electric Phantasm posted:

But we just got another one and it is apparently pretty terrible.

Well now you get another one! More! No end to the cavalcade of mediocre party games!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
the new Mario vs Donkey Kong will be an asymmetrical online multiplayer experience where 4 Marios have to survive 1 Donkey Kong

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ha, 5th grade. I'd graduated 2 years before WW's release.

:corsair:
Yeah, almost two whole years before WW's GameCube release for me, too. Old buddies! :corsair: :hf: :corsair:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How many farming sims are we gonna see showcased again

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

astral chain 2 pls

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, almost two whole years before WW's GameCube release for me, too. Old buddies! :corsair: :hf: :corsair:

I was playing smash bros on a crt my buddy had in the back of his car and drinking some beer cause i was of legal age

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

:unsmith: because I'm still young.

:smith: because I can't afford a house.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sam Faust posted:

astral chain 2 pls

:amen:

Maybe once the Switch 2 releases as a 4090 with a screen on the front Nintendo will have enough compute power to make Wave Race 2.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Maybe once the Switch 2 releases as a 4090 with a screen on the front Nintendo will have enough compute power to make Wave Race 2.

They did make a Wave Rave sequel for the Gamecube.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

How many farming sims are we gonna see showcased again

sorry I can't time travel so I don't know. I expect there'll be games though

Kale
May 14, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Seriously. I would love to give half a drat about any of the idiots from Jugdral that they keep shoving into that game. Cowards.

For what it's worth IMO Jugdral has the most intriguing plot and characterization in the entire franchise so of course it's the only one to never have been available legally outside of Japan.

Sam Faust posted:

astral chain 2 pls

I've been getting this weird sense for a while that Platinum is in a bad way again, but I suppose anything is possible.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mega64 posted:

They did make a Wave Rave sequel for the Gamecube.

:wtc: Well I haven't heard of it so it doesn't count.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Commander Keene posted:

Due to your username (even with the extra 'e'), I can only assume that you grew up with and are also a fan of some of the finest PC platforming ever made. :smug:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 13, 2023

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Read After Burning posted:

:unsmith: because I'm still young.

:smith: because I can't afford a house.

Don't worry. I'm certified Old (I was a freshman in college when WW came out lol) and I can't afford a house either. :v:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Don't worry. I'm certified Old (I was a freshman in college when WW came out lol) and I can't afford a house either. :v:

Maybe that's why I still play Animal Crossing. :haw:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Due to your username (even with the extra 'e'), I can only assume that you grew up with and are also a fan of some of the finest PC platforming ever made. :smug:

Apogee games fuckin rule. New Nintendo will be called the Nintendo ROTT and only play old apogee games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Releasing a a top tier Kirby game at the end of a Nintendo console's life span is basically the entire franchise's MO.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

They already made Wave Race 2, it was called Wave Race 64. In fact they made a third one on the GameCube too!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Kevyn posted:

They already made Wave Race 2, it was called Wave Race 64. In fact they made a third one on the GameCube too!

Lol I just discovered there was a gameboy Wave Race! Watching videos of the GC WaveRace it doesn’t seem to have the same weight as WR64 and just seems off. Maybe it actually feels real good tho?

In any case I revise my statement: make Wave Race 64 2 :colbert:

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Lol I just discovered there was a gameboy Wave Race! Watching videos of the GC WaveRace it doesn’t seem to have the same weight as WR64 and just seems off. Maybe it actually feels real good tho?

In any case I revise my statement: make Wave Race 64 2 :colbert:

Gamecube Wave Race is awful and they ruined the controls just like you mentioned. I'm with you, give me Wave Race 65

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

There's a "new" playlist that I'm sure you've seen, and I think it kind of gets rotated out very often. There are people in the MM2 community who just want to rack up "first clears" (which is a stat for how many times you've been the first person to clear a level), and also world records. Not saying they weren't interested but it's a lot easier to get a level played by randoms if it has a 0/0 clear rate (successes/attempts) than if it has anything higher than that.

Also, post the codes!

Edit: here's our official SMM2 thread.
Thanks folks I'll do that! It's fun seeing the 7 year old excitement and their ideas of what a level should be, because they make no sense

His super world of 5 courses is 1WG-HK4-J1H

The levels:
Goomba sea: DN4-VNR-K8G

Docter Mario NDB-XJ4-SLG

Mairo2: 67T-5HJ-HRG

On off contraptioner: J87-W6P-PQG

Piranha plant tower: DVY-YVX-6GF

Docter Mario again: JVL-2HN-6XG

On off koopo business : JLQ-BWY-BKF

Huddersfield: X88-3RS-TGG

Likes and comments with stickers are much appreciated

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 14, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sam Faust posted:

astral chain 2 pls

Hell yes

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I've actually only played some of the Keen games, and even then it was only the shareware versions; my father was allergic to buying PC software, so I played a lot of games that ended with "and now go buy the full version!". My username was a nickname for me in high school because my last name actually is "Keene". I would like to get around to playing the full versions at some point, though.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

“We know you’ve all been eagerly awaiting news about Hollow Knight: Silksong. Unfortunately, due to Unity’s new Runtime Fee program,”

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The new Nintendo console is Nintendo made Pokemon real

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They should release a new console because I bought a Switch day-one six years ago and then an OLED later on.

$600 spent over 6+ years? No one can afford that!!!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

“We know you’ve all been eagerly awaiting news about Hollow Knight: Silksong. Unfortunately, due to Unity’s new Runtime Fee program,”

https://twitter.com/MegaCrit/status/1702077576209207611?s=20

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Diddy Kong Rammers

Calling it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MythForce came out today. Anyone give it a try yet?