Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i was under the impression it wasnt a government presentation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
perhaps a us government presentation to make the congress hearings look ridiculous

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

he even looks like george knapp

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

those little guys are gonna land at Trump's 2nd inauguration in 2025 and he's gonna hold one up for everyone to see, and won't you feel like a fool then

this would own

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

twist: its real but its an extinct homofloriensis-like

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i was under the impression it wasnt a government presentation

AFAICT it was broadcast by the official mexican congress youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/@CanaldelCongresoMexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiXnkTgBem4

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i was just thinking this has to be one of the least probed threads in cspam, how ironic

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I just wanna say that I'm still

IN on the birds

but I'm also still

OUT on the corpses

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Hooplah posted:

i was just thinking this has to be one of the least probed threads in cspam, how ironic

:tutbutt:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Turpitude posted:

AFAICT it was broadcast by the official mexican congress youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/@CanaldelCongresoMexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiXnkTgBem4

yeah but it was a presentation to not by congress?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think I read it was put together by one congressperson

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im saying this wasnt a presentation from the mexican state to the world, it was a presentation to the mexican state from mexican citizens. its fully grushed up entirley grushy style dealings

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Nichael posted:

Is there a reason the Mexican hearing was so late at night (for a government function)?

it wasn't really a government function, closer to when greer rents out a room at the national press club for a "national ufo congress" or whatever

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

the fact that so many mummys are walking around they have a whole congress should be a bigger deal.

they didn't eat enough mummies back in the 1800s or whatever so now the mummies are back and they are angry

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

a feature length documentary on the mummies just dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57yiH4zq8xE&t=156s

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I went to bed as this was kicking off and then work was insane so this has been fun as hell to catch up on ty bird thread

Rickshaw posted:

a feature length documentary on the mummies just dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57yiH4zq8xE&t=156s

man my brain is doodoo rn i couldve sworn that was a dave wascavage joint

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Alright I finally found what looks like a proper study on the CT data from years ago
https://www.iaras.org/iaras/filedownloads/ijbb/2021/021-0007(2021).pdf

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Alright hear me out here but what if, what if the aliens were advanced but falling apart and the only way to piece their bodies together was with scattered human and Llama bones?

Checkmate QED Ipso Facto scientists :smugdog:

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
the skull does not perfectly match llama/alpaca skulls; https://www.iaras.org/iaras/filedownloads/ijbb/2021/021-0007(2021).pdf

"There are though features that do not correspond (Fig. 3). The braincases of llama and alpaca have a prominent ridge in the middle (external sagittal crest) that is not present in Josephina’s skull. Instead, there is a groove at that place, with one additional diverging groove on each side.

Additionally, in the top front of Josephina’s skull there are two symmetrical holes (Fig. 3(g), red arrows), while the suture areas in Josephina’s skull, instead of being thin as in llamas, are rather thicker.

The first thought that comes in mind is that Josephina’s skull thickness was reformed through a physical or chemical process. Decomposition of bone may incur depending on the burial conditions, through a chemical process; the same may result if a kind of acid is used purposely for altering the characteristics of the skull."

-"The first thought that comes to mind" isn't something typically written in a medical publication afaik...

-It's one thing to remove parts of a skull, but how do you make a section thicker? Especially if these are accurately dated to 1100 years ago, as the quoted publication states they have been

-the CT data is on the one hand reported to be not high-res enough, but on the other hand used to debunk in favor of it being a llama braincase

-if it is a flipped llama skull then why not check the area that was supposedly sawed off for irregularities? especially with 1100 year old tech I doubt they could have sawed a skull up without leaving marks

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
yeah I read the whole thing and it basically amounts to “idk, kinda looks like a llama if you squint and modify it a bunch”

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Also what's with the cadmium chloride?

Is there any evidence of cadmium chloride being something we had access to ~1k years ago? Can it be found naturally in a cave in Peru?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

even if they're humans they're 1200 year old humans full of metal and eggs

what the gently caress

gaston went heavy on the iron supplements

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i knew this would be relevant again

Hooplah posted:

diatomaceous earth theory

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

That would actually be super cool

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I got my OTA TV antenna setup properly again and the first thing I see is the mexican space mummies on loving CityTV in Toronto lmao

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:owned: that's what you get for disregarding D-Pad

Wheeee has not posted in a month. I hope its abstinence not abduction.

me too

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Turpitude posted:

Is there any evidence of cadmium chloride being something we had access to ~1k years ago? Can it be found naturally in a cave in Peru?

not even sure the osmium couldve been melted then but im super stupid with knowledge etc.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

why was homo floriensis sticking osmium disks into their nipples

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Why wouldnt they??

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

neutral milf hotel posted:

there's a cool museum of pre-columbian art in Cusco. they have some pretty rad erotic pottery and some kinda look like aliens

talk about a close encounter

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Small aliens are gross. They should be taller

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

Turpitude posted:

what makes you think this thing was found in a cave in peru

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Given current events I'm not sure how much longer he'll be speaker butttt

https://twitter.com/JoeKhalilTV/status/1702085253689459055?s=20

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

sharknado slashfic posted:

Fuckin Doctor Disrespect trying to tell me the paper mache aliens aren't real

paper machaliens

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
A sufficient number of greys could carry you off in your sleep but I feel like these things would be easily dispatched even from a waking state

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fun thread
https://twitter.com/ClintEhrlich/status/1702027765434957853?s=20

They dinos

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

i see now that the paid langely disinfo agents have finally discovered our thread and are working overtime to distract the narrative, just like last time with the peru jetpack aliens and the las vegas alien before that

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rickshaw posted:

i see now that the paid langely disinfo agents have finally discovered our thread and are working overtime to distract the narrative, just like last time with the peru jetpack aliens and the las vegas alien before that

why fake a corpse, when all they’d need to do is release a salacious new tarot deck?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

that deck got me laid once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jazerus posted:

why was homo floriensis sticking osmium disks into their nipples

i mean we do it all the time so why cant they