Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Wish the Varuun guys showed up more. Like obviously they're serving as a big DLC hook but even just to shoot guns at, nice to have them around

i picked the space snake religion perk and was kind of bummed that you have almost zero interaction with them

I think I would take the sucker's game and pony up for a varuun dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Grapplejack posted:

i picked the space snake religion perk and was kind of bummed that you have almost zero interaction with them

I think I would take the sucker's game and pony up for a varuun dlc

It seems pretty obvious that's what's going to happen. Add in the Varuun homeworld and go do some hosed up snake stuff there. I won't lie even the small glimpse you get at Varuun internal politics during the UC quests has me interested

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dollar Store Michelle Yeoh is the first crew member of the KSS Frontier. I will have to learn what Outpost Management 3 means on the internet, because I cannot find a button in game that gives me a tool tip clarifying if the skill is different or restricted versions of the player skill.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
drat 250k credits for finishing the crimson fleet quests. not bad, got my C-class and I’m ready to really upgrade my ship now, just in time to finish the game and start over

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

The game runs much better after the NVidia driver update. Get like 70-90fps now instead of the 50-60 from before.
drat this is a big improvement, im getting better performance on medium with my mobile 2000-series than I did before on low settings

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Chamale posted:

I'm deciding whether I want Baldur's Gate 3 or Starfield. I usually don't like turn-based RPGs, and I love Bethesda games, but I hear good things about BG3. How does the party work in Baldur's Gate 3? Can I make an entirely custom party, or do I make one character and there are a bunch of named characters that can join me? Do I control everyone in the party, or do I control my character and the NPCs act for themselves?

The combat is more like Jagged Alliance 3 than anything else if that helps. The animations and voice acting are way better than Starfield, streets ahead.

Starfield is, ok. Aggressively a 7/10 game. The creation kit won't be out till next year. I would say wait it out for 6 months and see, or try it on gamepass.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Is the cosmic serpent like a metaphor or is there a literal snake?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

no clue. the snake worshipper barely exist in the game

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Frosted Flake posted:

probably a tongue in cheek dune reference

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Yes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Frosted Flake posted:

*Points to dilz*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Frosted Flake posted:

they seem to think there is

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

There is a literal giant snake in the space between, yes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

I'm deciding whether I want Baldur's Gate 3 or Starfield. I usually don't like turn-based RPGs, and I love Bethesda games, but I hear good things about BG3. How does the party work in Baldur's Gate 3? Can I make an entirely custom party, or do I make one character and there are a bunch of named characters that can join me? Do I control everyone in the party, or do I control my character and the NPCs act for themselves?

I would go with Starfield because Baldur's Gate is based on Dungeons & Dragons (pejorative (actionable))

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The great space snake handlers.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Schmoe Cwead posted:

probably a tongue in cheek dune reference

I was gonna say Goa'uld

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

The great space snake handlers.

I would absolutely play the dlc about the snake dudes actually being a shaker society of friends type religion and the reason they couldn't get along was that the rest of society sucks.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

is there a jet pack in star field? when I make large falls companions mention using one instead of doing that, and without being able to use spaceship to fly that seems like the next best idea

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You have to buy the jetpack skill with skill points before using the jetpack.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The giant snake is nothing, you gotta get the mod that turns the giant snake into thomas the tank engine

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The giant snake but it's a giant Slim Jim and Macho Man Randy Savage is biting into it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the doors to the lodge broke and now I have to jet pack to the roof to go in the side door. 10/10 goty

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

The Vanguard is Something Awful

yup

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Looking at the hot fix notes and I happy to see the words "press button for food" but unhappy to see many many words telling me later.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

those patch notes were a good troll. looking through the list, nodding to myself that theres some decent stuff, and then seeing that all those changes are coming later

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

those patch notes were a good troll. looking through the list, nodding to myself that theres some decent stuff, and then seeing that all those changes are coming later

well at least they fixed 3 game breaking bugs out of, ahem, a constellations worth

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/inXile/status/1702082751116300641

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

20+ hours in between two playthroughs one on game pass and one on steam, starfield definitely the best out of the 3 big moonshot exclusives this year. universe incredibly bleak and also funny as poo poo in how bleak it is. slightly appreciating that they put the real story in side quests, that kind of minimizes the potential that the main quest would fall over itself, though this is turning out to be one of the better main quests, closer to morrowind in execution. shame the characters in the main quest are as dull as a doorknob. ff16 btfo, totk btfo so hard it got sent to the earth's core

eventually modding it into an absolutely insane game is icing on the cake

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Bethesda knocked the uc museum out of the park.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ool-dZ9tbZc

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In game in my space ship I look at Lin and I'm like... when is she gonna clean her face? But I'm not gonna join a discord to download a mod manager to install a "clean faces" mod again. I am a family man now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

20+ hours in between two playthroughs one on game pass and one on steam, starfield definitely the best out of the 3 big moonshot exclusives this year. universe incredibly bleak and also funny as poo poo in how bleak it is. slightly appreciating that they put the real story in side quests, that kind of minimizes the potential that the main quest would fall over itself, though this is turning out to be one of the better main quests, closer to morrowind in execution. shame the characters in the main quest are as dull as a doorknob. ff16 btfo, totk btfo so hard it got sent to the earth's core

eventually modding it into an absolutely insane game is icing on the cake

also it runs staggeringly well on my laptop that i bought for 600 bucks two years ago, settings arent fully juiced but it hums along at 1080p

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also i suck too much at armored core 6 despite getting the helicopter in two tries so i need to play virtual on as a training arc

on bg3, D&D really doesn't appeal to me at all as a universe, though i'd make my hypothetical bear (human) player character crush astarion's bussy

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

definitely the worst turn in the whole map lol. if you're going up, crest and lose traction and you shoot off the mountain, if you're going down, road drops and you lose traction and you slide off the mountain. I had more of my rear end getting owned by bumps and the car rear just flapping around but couldn't fit it into imgur 1 min limit smdh

it might be quicker to tap the brake right before that last jump so you don't get as much air bc you've still gotta go into the turn recovering from the landing, then power out of it

reminds me of Trials

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

RandolphCarter posted:

Bethesda knocked the uc museum out of the park.

I really liked the living history museum on Titan too, since it does have some interesting factoids about the moon and what it could potentially be used for in the future, and also there's more of that UC tendency to sweep their lovely parts under a pretty rug.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

UC sucks because the worst of humanity escaped earth.

Things would've been different if China landed on Mars instead of NASA somehow magically beating them there.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the ac1 games are a ton of fun. would highly recommend as long as you can put up with psx jank and are willing to rebind the controls so they don't suck

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

rules based galactic order

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

UC sucks because the worst of humanity escaped earth.

Things would've been different if China landed on Mars instead of NASA somehow magically beating them there.

That would explain why everyone is white with a handful of black people. Even the zaibatsu-esque Ryujin is all run by whites. I think the only Asian person I remember seeing (remember is key, since most characters are bland) is Lin.

The most interesting character I've seen so far, or at least most zany, is the celebrity chef in Astro Lounge on Neon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

gagarin's main settlement being turned into a rustbelt city complete with gentrification the locals are trying to fight. Is bethesda trying to tell us something? No!

Telling us something would require them to recognize politics are more than just tropes.