Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's usually a contingent of cybergoths at whitby most goth weekends which yes looks very cool if you have the gear for it.

Also given that we have the social fuckups of cyberpunk we should at least get the fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's on Amazon :guillotine:

With the description there it's 100 million percent off aliexpress.

Ta-daa!: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003531972043.html

Not sure whether it's eviller to buy it off Amazon or the insidious East, but I usually cut out the middleman.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 13, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A cursed post

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 13, 2023

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
that could probably do with a spoiler

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Deleted due to misunderstanding.

Solefald fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 13, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Also deleted due to an unfortunate misunderstanding

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 13, 2023

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Deleted due to misunderstanding.

Solefald fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 13, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ongoing misunderstanding deletion fun

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 13, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angrymog posted:

That's a pirated one.

I've deleted the link from my post if you want to delete it from your quote of my post. Had no idea, sorry.

Runcible Cat posted:

With the description there it's 100 million percent off aliexpress.

Ta-daa!: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003531972043.html

Not sure whether it's eviller to buy it off Amazon or the insidious East, but I usually cut out the middleman.

Could you delete the Amazon link from the quote as apparently it is pirated. Ta muchly.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 13, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1702054824307564813

Keith's going to do... er... something something.....

There's loads of anti ECHR poo poo on social media over the past few days. Apparently the ECHR is getting in the way of us murdering asylum seekers or something...

e: Oh, and this news has just broke

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1702064789738967314

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 13, 2023

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Could you delete the Amazon link from the quote as apparently it is pirated. Ta muchly.

Done. Though the aliexpress one's probably a knockoff too - Angrymog, have you got a link to the original?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I'm sorry. I should have just PMd smellmycheese right away to get some clarification on what the post/tweet was about instead of posting in here acting like a jackass. I made the wrong assumption and shouldn't have implied there was something off about the whole thing without getting a better idea of what was going on.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

There's usually a contingent of cybergoths at whitby most goth weekends which yes looks very cool if you have the gear for it.

Also given that we have the social fuckups of cyberpunk we should at least get the fashion.

The whole world went wrong when it didn't copy the culture shown in the film Hackers.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Solefald posted:

I'm sorry. I should have just PMd smellmycheese right away to get some clarification on what the post/tweet was about instead of posting in here acting like a jackass. I made the wrong assumption and shouldn't have implied there was something off about the whole thing without getting a better idea of what was going on.

Apology accepted. Thankyou for clarifying

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
some actual top tier modding there. acknowledging a mistake publicly and dealing with it all like an adult.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

I'm jealous of dark-skinned people

[southern drawl] wyelcome ta the republican parrtey

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NotJustANumber99 posted:

some actual top tier modding there. acknowledging a mistake publicly and dealing with it all like an adult.

I will say the mod was very quick and helpful in amending things.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

edited due to just being the word hello

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 13, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

edited due to just being the word hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsu7k4DmrVQ

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A nugget of positive news amongst the constant torrent of poo poo:

https://twitter.com/ChrisGPackham/status/1702044321778745446

... which will in turn mean fewer torrents of poo poo, hopefully...

e: The rivers will be less lovely?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 13, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jakabite posted:

Fashion wise I’m enormously pleased cyberpunk stuff is kinda making inroads. Or it is if l have anything to do with it :colbert:

I'm always unreasonably excited when the Antichrist club in London does a cyberpunk night

The cyberdreads get to make an appearance hell yes

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Microplastics posted:

I'm always unreasonably excited when the Antichrist club in London does a cyberpunk night

The cyberdreads get to make an appearance hell yes

You don’t have to wait for nights with that specific theme. You could wear them to any event!

E: I will actually be going to Antichrist this month. No idea what the theme is. Gonna wear mesh and fishnet regardless.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

what is a cyberdread? plaited cat5 cable?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

killerwhat posted:

You don’t have to wait for nights with that specific theme. You could wear them to any event!

Wear them when you have jury duty!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

killerwhat posted:

E: I will actually be going to Antichrist this month. No idea what the theme is. Gonna wear mesh and fishnet regardless.

Oh I do, but it's better when the theme is on.

This month doesn't have a theme. Hmm maybe I'll come to this one

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

rubber hose hair like the predator

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm gonna break my "don't post pics of myself on SA" rule this once but only because I'm basically unrecognisable (unless you see me at Antichrist)

So you can all have a good laugh at that (I adore the cyberpunk style though)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that's cool, good few folk around like that at goth weekend, nice variation on the formula honestly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We need to reclaim pink, it being a girls colour in the west is so weird.

Your grandfather or great-grandfather probably wore pink as a child. It was a boy's colour right up to the 1940s.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

you must be getting some highspeed internet to need the goggles.

but nah thats cool. but you should avatar it up and be able to plug them in

maybe not to have sex. I dunno. maybe

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

I'm gonna break my "don't post pics of myself on SA" rule this once but only because I'm basically unrecognisable (unless you see me at Antichrist)

can confirm

if I didn't know this was you, I wouldn't have known it was you

e: cyberpunk is cool but I’d drown in my own sweat if I tried wearing that sort of thing in a club setting

at least with kink events you’re allowed to walk round basically naked

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 14, 2023

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jedit posted:

Your grandfather or great-grandfather probably wore pink as a child. It was a boy's colour right up to the 1940s.

I'm Indian, I don't need to look into the past for that, I have my own masculine pink clothes right now. I love my pink polo shirt.

I've read that historically there's a thing with pink being associated with white clothes that have been stained with blood, though I don't know how accurate that is.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Got excited at Labour leader in the hague, disappointed to see which one.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

We'll be making some announcements regarding this in the next day or two, keep an eye on the TWT twitter account: https://twitter.com/TWT_NOW

Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/twt_now/status/1702045293565374889

Also, commiserations to Ayoade fans:

https://twitter.com/jonnyishh/status/1702044955596779892

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I'm Indian, I don't need to look into the past for that, I have my own masculine pink clothes right now. I love my pink polo shirt.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear. I was talking about the West. Pink was for boys here too until about 80 years ago when marketers decided that it was a girl's colour.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Runcible Cat posted:

Done. Though the aliexpress one's probably a knockoff too - Angrymog, have you got a link to the original?

There doesn't seem to be one, but there's a few crochet patterns.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Mind you the guy in the soap powder ads whose young daughters are egging him on to go on a date is wearing a pink shirt.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
yeah, none of these turns up any result beyond the book blurb, but can't imagine the publisher would just make them up (the joyce one is obviously genuine) :cripes:

quote:

One of the best TV comedy writers of all time delivers a book which is a must-read for anyone who has ever wondered: a) how to create a hit sit-com and b) how it feels to lose everything. It's funny, complicated and utterly compelling' - Jonathan Ross

'One of the most compelling and unflinchingly honest memoirs I've read in many years. It's also the funniest' - Andrew Doyle

'Graham Linehan has long been one of my favourite writers - and this book shows that his brilliance in prose is the equal to his brilliance as a screenwriter. It unfolds with the urgency of a Sam Fuller film: that of a man who has been through something that few have experienced but has managed to return, undaunted, to tell us the tale' - Richard Ayoade

'Hilarious, raw and touching. A must-read for anyone who wants to know the backstory behind Father Ted - and why he gave up the life of a luvvie to fight the threats posed by trans ideology to women's rights and child safeguarding' - Helen Joyce

'This book is great company, and reminds us that Graham is first and foremost a writer, and a very funny one indeed. It is a not inconsiderable relief, in fact, to see that he has not lost the gift' - Simon Evans

'A brilliant account of the evolution of a comedy writer, but also an extraordinary and chilling portrayal of cancel culture. I found it unputdownable' - Lissa Evans

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I was half hoping it was from a review of something else, or he was reverse quoted David Kelly style, i.e the publisher just kept asking "Would you agree his brilliance in prose is the equal to his brilliance as a screenwriter" and then cobbled together all the stuff he agreed with, but it doesn't seem likely - the comparison to a particular director feels like something he would come up with.

Maybe Linehan phoned him up and cried at him until he agreed?

Ayoade is a good judge of film and writing quality, and his quote accurately reflects what's so absolutely wretched about this book - if it is competently written and even funny, but covers absolutely abominable opinions, the danger is that it ends up recruiting a whole new legion of well-meaning but politically uneducated people to transphobic activism - like all the people who liked Black Books / Father Ted / IT crowd and assumed that because the comedy was competently written, that therefore everything else that came out of his mouth (i.e. the ableism, homophobia and transphobia) must also be brilliant.

There's nothing more dangerous than a halfway eloquent bigot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wasn't pink actually a masculine colour until feminism came along?