Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they removed their TOS from github so i feel like they can't be trusted at all at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/MegaCrit/status/1702077576209207611

this is a full on wile e. coyote smoking a stick of TNT situation

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i unlocked more robot parts and am now an even cooler looking robot wizard

also i have another friend who is a very big beetle who carries me very fast across planets

look at his lil face. he's so cute. also he's huge. i love how huge he is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

b2b software is cool because the average video game is harder to pirate than whatever niche industry program youre using that costs $20k a license. the more money is involved the less people give a poo poo about the technical details of enforcement

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Theswweet/status/1702141483204464859?s=20

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
No, you're never gonna get it (not this time)
Never ever gonna get it (that silksong)
No, you're never gonna get it (had your chance to make a change)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
This is it, this is the end of the gamer wars. All sides unified... ifs beautiful, should've sent a kojima

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh hey you know how Riccitiello was selling stocks a bit before the announcement?

https://www.insider-monitor.com/trading/cik1810806.html

THE ENTIRE EXECUTIVE TEAM WAS TOO

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t know anything about how the law works with this sort of thing but it sounds illegal to me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people keep trying to make a big deal about that, its really not. executives get paid in stock grants, and they sell them on a schedule to get real money, happens at literally every publicly traded company. it was a small part of his total holdings so its kinda crazy to suggest he's trying to tank the stock price or whatever. the market was up on it yesterday until they got all the blowback anyway

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

No, you're never gonna get it (not this time)
Never ever gonna get it (that silksong)
No, you're never gonna get it (had your chance to make a change)

mmmmmmmmm BAPANADA

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Capcom’s unannounced game will be a new Marvel vs Capcom

gently caress Marvel. Give us Capcom vs Capcom

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dead rising reboot please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dabir posted:

gently caress Marvel. Give us Capcom vs Capcom

Finally, I can achieve my impossible dream of having Ken fight Ryu :shobon:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh hey you know how Riccitiello was selling stocks a bit before the announcement?

https://www.insider-monitor.com/trading/cik1810806.html

THE ENTIRE EXECUTIVE TEAM WAS TOO
I looked into this stuff and it seems like maybe half of the executive team did.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah Johnny Rick sold 2000 shares of stock, out of 1.5 million

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've got a friend who's a really big hollow knight fan and by now i think i've gotten more entertainment from their anguish over silksong delays than i expect to get from silksong itself. keep up the good work team cherry

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what are the options for gamedevs that have to move off of Unity?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Really depends on what you do with it. For me personally the answer's probably UE5, there's also MonoGame or Godot

To be completely honest I expect we'll see a dozen reasonable alternatives to Unity crop up soon with maybe one or two actually good options in the coming years

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

UE for higher end stuff, godot or gamemaker for smaller indie projects, though none of them have quite the same level of infrastructure surrounding them as unity does

i think most of them are gonna wait until the weekend to see what's what since there's an insane amount of backlash and media coverage that's likely tightening the thumbscrews, and their stock price's taken a beating to boot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

homeless snail posted:

people keep trying to make a big deal about that, its really not. executives get paid in stock grants, and they sell them on a schedule to get real money, happens at literally every publicly traded company. it was a small part of his total holdings so its kinda crazy to suggest he's trying to tank the stock price or whatever. the market was up on it yesterday until they got all the blowback anyway

Incorrect, I've already contacted the gaming economics police and they're busting out the gamer cuffs

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
Finally got around to that new Case of the Golden Idol DLC and it was great. If that's the last DLC I hope it means they have a sequel or something else in the works.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Dead rising reboot please

Haven't they tried to do this multiple times and kept loving the concept up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2yW2DO920

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

b2b software is cool because the average video game is harder to pirate than whatever niche industry program youre using that costs $20k a license. the more money is involved the less people give a poo poo about the technical details of enforcement

The reason is likely because suing a bunch of barely-20 people for 100 a pop is some pocket change lawyering and only worth it in bulk(like when they raid p2p info and issue blanket piracy lawsuits) but finding out a business/commercial entity is making money is way more valuable to go through the motions, and generally you get the obscene commercial license amount(plus lawyer fees) at minimum. Taking it to court would be super expensive all around and a settlement lines the pocket anyway so unless they smell a fat stack, it's usually a sternly-worded letter and not going to court.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One of my friends gifted me Inscryption for my birthday tomorrow and I cannot wait to have Weird Card Fun

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Inscryption owns

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Usually, the way you pay for b2b software, unless the software itself phones home, is that the buyer self-reports on the licenses they are using and the seller will periodically check their books or, if they suspect they lying about them, ask to go through them more carefully.

You don't just agree to have the seller just bill you for whatever they decide you owe with little, if any, recourse on your end to contest it.

I mean, who knows better about how many units are sold than the customer here? And while you might think they have an interest in undercounting, if it's a product or service that is vital for them to sell their own product to end consumers they do have an aligned interest with their software supplier in truthfully stating their usage since them cancelling the contract on them for lying would be company ending in many cases.

The behavior by Unity here is just mind-boggling here. Like they intend to burn down the entire brand and company for one last flash in the pan quarter of revenue.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Once again management gently caress things up for everyone.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anyway this is probably the last chance at a 2023 release date for Silksong, so this Direct gonna be very :munch:

Spirit Tracks + Phantom Hourglass remakes lets gooooo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Repiteo/status/1702169242261446752?t=ttTrgquqGeL_r-4rGFsxWw&s=19

Lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steps to take:
Not that one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

One of my friends gifted me Inscryption for my birthday tomorrow and I cannot wait to have Weird Card Fun

Inscryption is SUPER good fun. I had a really baffling time with it and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I even managed to irritate my forums nemesis, Aipsh, through winning without really knowing what I was doing which made it even sweeter :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfYfuAOKTxA

We're off with something Splatoon related

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's the DLC campaign

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another loving Code?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Game Designer: What if Mario, but it's Peach doing a community theater production?
Nintendo: I think it is the best idea we have ever heard.

And they were right.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Game Designer: What if Mario, but it's Peach doing a community theater production?
Nintendo: I think it is the best idea we have ever heard.

And they were right.

Way better than the previous attempt at making a Peach solo title at least

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Way better than the previous attempt at making a Peach solo title at least

Women be emotional

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, Magical Girl Peach is definitely a big step up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aw yeah new F-Zero