Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Chupacabra was already taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
r/legos throwing shade

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Nothing new under the sun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_mermaid

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Bringing my dusty pottery flavored alien across the border only to have it seized by customs bc it's got lead paint on it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rad-daddio posted:

Bringing my dusty pottery flavored alien across the border only to have it seized by customs bc it's got lead paint on it.

They say it's the lead paint, but I think it's just cos the rear end in a top hat boarder patrol people don't like aliens. :colbert:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'd rather hang out with the Mexican alien than the Fiji mermaid :colbert:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mediaphage posted:

this is the least likely argument against him imo, i don't see this being all that lucrative frankly unless he were to put out like some kind of pay to play conference that charges hundos a pop or whatever

Graves was literally just paid to show up in Mexico to lend credence to that scammer's farce. Grusch will go the same in short order. He probably already is given he's been on a bunch of podcasts and is quickly delving into crackpot territory with the stuff he's speculating about.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I'd rather hang out with the Mexican alien than the Fiji mermaid :colbert:

Why not both??

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If i ever meet an alien i will cook it and eat it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Why not both??

Fiji mermaid looks mean :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Fiji mermaid looks mean :(

Use the Mexican Alien as an icebreaker. A wingman, if you would.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

ThinkTank posted:

Graves was literally just paid to show up in Mexico to lend credence to that scammer's farce. Grusch will go the same in short order. He probably already is given he's been on a bunch of podcasts and is quickly delving into crackpot territory with the stuff he's speculating about.

yeah my point is that there’s not as much money in the field - unless you’re being a super obvious scammer who charges for conferences and apps to contact aliens - as detractors would suggest

i mean how much was ya boy graves actually paid for this

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

ThinkTank posted:

the ufo fame pipeline

I think the missing 411 guy finally went the same route too.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Tarkus posted:

I think there's a concerted effort to gently caress us up with ufo stories. I desperately want to believe but I think it's all bunk. That kinda sucks.

The reality is either:

Nobody here has any idea or power

Someone here knows AND we don't have power

Both options make the general public realize "nobody is in control" and that leads to full blown chaos.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mediaphage posted:

yeah my point is that there’s not as much money in the field - unless you’re being a super obvious scammer who charges for conferences and apps to contact aliens - as detractors would suggest

i mean how much was ya boy graves actually paid for this

There was no money in being a populist right wing grifter a decade ago either. UAP/UFO stuff is surging in popularity. Where there's an invested group of rubes wanting people with a veneer of authority to reinforce their preconceived notions, there will be funds aplenty. I'm surprised Trump hasn't tied this all to the deep state and how he'll reveal all the alien stuff if he gets elected to buy more conspiratorial votes like he did with the Kennedy assassination.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

ThinkTank posted:

There was no money in being a populist right wing grifter a decade ago either. UAP/UFO stuff is surging in popularity. Where there's an invested group of rubes wanting people with a veneer of authority to reinforce their preconceived notions, there will be funds aplenty. I'm surprised Trump hasn't tied this all to the deep state and how he'll reveal all the alien stuff if he gets elected to buy more conspiratorial votes like he did with the Kennedy assassination.

that’s not true though, rush limbaugh was worth more than half a billion dollars and started in the early 80s. i don’t think anybody has gotten exactly wealthy off of ufos

i still don’t think grusch is necessarily a grifter. that doesn’t mean he’s correct and his bad science opinions make him look worse

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Grusch reminds me of some of the military intelligence people I used to know who were just completely clueless and not helpful at all to anybody, just constantly misreading the data to support their Tom Clancy nonsense scenarios. I would tell you more but we would need to discuss it in a SCIF so you'll all have to trust me on this, wink wink.

It also doesn't help that his biggest supporters in Congress are Tim "Hunter Biden's Laptop!" Burchett and Nancy "Antifa Vandalized My Home!" Mace.

Also, he testified under oath and could theoretically go to jail for lying, but that means nothing because how would they be able to prove it?

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m not saying there are not aliens,

I’m not saying Gruntch is wrong, either, he may well believe what he says

something is going on and has been for some time

people sure are jumping to a whole heck of a lot of conclusions though

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

https://youtube.com/live/CwU6V5GFaQA?si=ZGM4U66cdr-VDuZe

Here's real science into the matter

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

NASA just did their analysis of the "Go Fast" video...

...and it turns out it's just something going relatively slow and the UFO community was wrong again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mexico has real Coke so it stands to reason they would have real aliens too.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I can't get enough of that crap.

The MexiCoke, not the FakeAliens.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Watched the NASA conference this morning about approaching UAPs with real science and data, which I think is great and I love it when scientists show up to ruin everybody's speculative fun about stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No. 6 posted:

I can't get enough of that crap.

The MexiCoke, not the FakeAliens.

Mexican Coke is the best.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bug Squash posted:

NASA just did their analysis of the "Go Fast" video...

...and it turns out it's just something going relatively slow and the UFO community was wrong again.

Yeah the Corridor Crew guys came to the same conclusion a few years ago, it's a relatively slow moving object filmed from a very fast moving plane and the parallax effect makes it look like the object is moving quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHDlfIaBEqw&t=252s

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
im gonnba run for president on the campaign that these aliens are real and its high time we start whipping their asses (or not-asses)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just hope that when the alien overlords come and take us over they let me keep playing my anime titty gatcha games.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Those will be mandatory.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Willatron posted:

Watched the NASA conference this morning about approaching UAPs with real science and data, which I think is great and I love it when scientists show up to ruin everybody's speculative fun about stuff.

This is my favorite part every time. Real science. Real data. Reality.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Willatron posted:

Hold-up, I'm just hearing from r/UFO...

Turns out NASA is part of the conspiracy. In the pocket of big alien.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mexican Alien Coke

is my new band name.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bug Squash posted:

Yeah lets all keep in mind this is the same NASA that faked the Moon Landings....

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

DandyLion posted:

Yeah lets all keep in mind this is the same NASA that faked the Moon Landings....

And keeps us from the ice wall surrounding the edge of the earth. NASA/Antifa supersoliders.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Those will be mandatory.

goddamnit, i wanted to get along with aliens and now i gotta buy guns

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bug Squash posted:

Every probe they sent past the moon punches through a giant projection screen and the other side is the "real space" along with a much bigger, better and more advanced Earth.

Turns out our Earth is basically the solar systems version of Australia where all the criminals and perverts from Earth Prime were sent millennia ago.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vakal posted:

Every probe they sent past the moon punches through a giant projection screen and the other side is the "real space" along with a much bigger, better and more advanced Earth.

One of my favourite "hollow earth" crackpot theories was the Koreshans with their "Cellular Cosmogony" model, which posited that the world was actually on the inside of a sphere and the sun, moon and stars were being reflected off mercurial discs which floated in the centre of the hollow earth

Their cult leader renamed himself Koresh and claimed to be the new messiah but they don't seem to have any connection to David Koresh and the Branch Davidians as far as I can tell, that was just a complete coincidence

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
People are absolutely losing their minds that the broad scientific community is not in agreement with their preconceived bias and using that as proof of coverup.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Rugz posted:

People are absolutely losing their minds that the broad scientific community is not in agreement with their preconceived bias and using that as proof of coverup.

Yeah, it's all bunk. Until I see Biden shaking hands with a Grey in person I'm going to internally reject everything about this topic.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The mainstream science community are 100% followers of the cult of evidence and tests. Without evidence and falsifiable tests they won't believe anything. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Turned off when I saw nasa