Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
send the frogs wonderbread and oscar meyer baloney to eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the US embassy has donated all the TGI Friday's they have

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

send the frogs wonderbread and oscar meyer baloney to eat
Let them eat baloney and mayo on white bread, the white man's burden

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Let them eat baloney and mayo on white bread, the white man's burden
I think you are mistaking us for the dutch :france:.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

We are pleased to announce that the next Command Showcase is on the way, and will be available early this October.

Operation Desert Falcon will take the player to the year 2027 and place them in command of a French Air Force squadron. A coup in Chad has brought a hostile regime to power. Foreign nationals are fleeing to the protection of small force of French marines holding out at the Massenya airfield. Only the French air force can provide the necessary security to prevent a massacre.

The closest fighter squadron equipped to support the evacuation is staged over 2,000 nautical miles away in southern France. You will need to manage multiple air-to-air refuellings, synchronise multi domain strikes, and coordinate the logistics of evacuating Massenya. Operation Desert Falcon uses the Multidomain Strike Planner, Ops Planner, Cargo 2.0, and Palletized Munitions to give you all the tools you need to execute a difficult mission, the evacuation of an airbase under siege.

Good luck, the future of Francafrique depends on your success.

you need to prevent a massacre (of white people) which would be bad, and therefore you must meticulously plan a whole bunch of massacres (of black people) which is good and proper

wargames are wild, man

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
lol at the very idea of fighting to preserve Francafrique rather than fighting to tear the whole rotten thing down.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/1702006009009463457?s=20

lol
lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

wild how'd that happen?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

wild how'd that happen?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cerebral Bore posted:

you need to prevent a massacre (of white people) which would be bad, and therefore you must meticulously plan a whole bunch of massacres (of black people) which is good and proper

wargames are wild, man

I do like that the scenario of foreign delegations fleeting to a fort held by Troupes de Marine, facing overrun and massacre by a native insurrection, could describe pretty much any colonial intervention from 1855-1910 but nobody seems to have noticed that they wrote "The Gordon Relief Expedition, With Rafales".

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Yemen’s Houthi rebels heading to Riyadh for talks with Saudi officials

quote:

Al-Qhoom said talks will be focused on a full reopening of Houthi-controlled ports and Sanaa airport, payment of wages for public servants from oil revenues, rebuilding efforts, and a timeline for foreign forces to quit Yemen, among others. Sources speaking to the Reuters news agency on condition of anonymity also said the same. The topics are long-standing Houthi demands.

Lets hope talks go well and this war is brought to an end.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

found a nigerian impressionist that has a cool style. i wish he had more uploaded

https://www.instagram.com/Temitopeojumoro/

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Community notes the only good recent twitter development

Lmao that musk made quote tweets less visible

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Neurolimal posted:

Community notes the only good recent twitter development
Yeah it was developed prior to Musk, but he'll break it eventually, he's had them removed in the past when they embarrass him.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

OhFunny posted:

Yemen’s Houthi rebels heading to Riyadh for talks with Saudi officials

Lets hope talks go well and this war is brought to an end.

whats been going on in south yemen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the flooding in Libya looks real bad

12,000 dead

:(

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/justinpodur/status/1702480587339018293?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Break your country and then blame you for it. A tale as old as imperialism.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its pretty incredible how much the saudis failed in yemen at all their objectives given how incredibly bombastic they were when they started, at a terrible cost to the yemeni people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's been over a decade. It's disrespectful to the agency of Libyans to keep blaming this on NATO. :colbert:

Al-Saqr posted:

its pretty incredible how much the saudis failed in yemen at all their objectives given how incredibly bombastic they were when they started, at a terrible cost to the yemeni people

The entire gulf coalition is mind bogglingly bad at fighting wars, but I guess that's what happens when you let lordlings fly the planes and command the tanks instead of paying them to stay home and do nothing.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

My old RAF squadron was front line in the Libyan "intervention" or whatever you'd care to call it, I joined quite soon after it had wound down but, all the pilots used to rave about how great it had been, turkey shoots in the daytime and getting pissed up in southern Italy in the nighttime. Now that was a good war, they said.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's been over a decade. It's disrespectful to the agency of Libyans to keep blaming this on NATO. :colbert:

not bad, but I'm gonna need a bit more condescension and pedantic focusing on irrelevant details to really buy the disguise.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/gunterfehlinger/status/1702961953658855516?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Speaking of Iran may pop off today and tomorrow. Today is the one year anniversary of Mahsa Amini death.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They could be a little more subtle about their imperial management techniques imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsdnG45r-8g

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
lol he gave mega Azerbaijan Rasht

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

They could be a little more subtle about their imperial management techniques imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsdnG45r-8g
The only vaguely valid state sprouting from Iran in that mix is Balochistan and no way that Pakistan would ever let that country exists. And the first thing Kurdistan would do is invade greater Azerbajitan or whatever they call it. And again lol Turkey...

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Sep 16, 2023

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i was playing with my kid tonight and she said her tiger came from africa and i thought that was really wholesome.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/sajid_nadeem78/status/1703106306255499346

Amharas in oromia are arming themselves to defend themselves, so local oromos are also arming themselves to defend themselves from the armed Amhara

https://twitter.com/addisstandard/s...%5Es1_&ref_url=

FANO murders 5 oromo farmers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Macron: French ambassador held hostage in Niger
The ambassador is eating army rations, Macron said.

lol

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

doesn’t France have those really fancy mres

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

a french mre consists of half a pack of gauloises and some red wine in a juice box.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Comrade Koba posted:

a french mre consists of half a pack of gauloises and some red wine in a juice box.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/415034/cigarette-prices-across-europe/

cigs are wayyy cheaper in europe than i guessed, interesting

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso establish Sahel security alliance

The three countries have agreed to cooperate against internal terrorism and external invasion.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

The charter, known as the Alliance of Sahel States, signed on Saturday binds the signatories to assist one another – including militarily – in the event of an attack on any one of them.

Solidarity with rear end against French neo-colonialism

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
The french are about to plunder that rear end

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
rear end will grow larger!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

nigerian troops have successfully penetrated deep into rear end

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
rear end attempts to spread anticipating nigerian thrust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Tapping rear end for resources.