Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Also how about we make lancer tabletop minitures so we can hit that demographic too. Maybe branch into Gunpla for profits ++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Trying to give you my paychecks in new and exciting ways.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

M_Gargantua posted:

Also how about we make lancer tabletop minitures so we can hit that demographic too. Maybe branch into Gunpla for profits ++

I was thinking we could LARP the Union, maybe on like a national scale

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

M_Gargantua posted:

The solution? gently caress them kids, raise the prices

Boosting catalytic convertors to pay for Operant's Patreon.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

There Bias Two posted:

I was thinking we could LARP the Union, maybe on like a national scale

is there like a Lancer concept equivalent to Royalty we can just spam pages after pages

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

YaketySass posted:

is there like a Lancer concept equivalent to Royalty we can just spam pages after pages

Cascading? I guess?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

skaianDestiny posted:

While we're talking about RPGs in the KSBD thread Abaddon's gonna come out with a new one soon and it looks sick.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1701641310321434817?s=20

What in the Locked Tomb Trilogy is this?

Whirling posted:

that's nice but also I wish he would stick to one at a time because LANCER's been completely dead in the water and I now am wondering if ICON will follow as well

You know, MOST RPGs have a single book and then that's it. Not everything needs 10,000 expansions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

YaketySass posted:

Communism

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Mile'ionaha posted:

You know, MOST RPGs have a single book and then that's it. Not everything needs 10,000 expansions.

I don't want a million supplements, I've said this already. Why are people assuming that I have a craving for Consuming Six Billion Supplements when all I really want is the conclusion of a campaign that's taken way too long to make?

Like I came back to look at the kickstarter page and they've only gotten one of the stretch goals that people paid for out.

Whirling fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 14, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

YaketySass posted:

Being hit by a rocket

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Operant posted:

i wrote a 28 thousand word blades in the dark hack in 9 days this is just how im built, i'm like a shark if i stop swimming i will die

giwtwm

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Phy posted:

Being hit by a rocket

Found the Monarch.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

YaketySass posted:

There is the Monarch, the most royal of mechs. It fires 80,000 rockets, leaving no space that is not exploded by a rocket.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Only a couple pages ago but reposting

Phy posted:

Oh hey that's the one from the "No two targets are not hit by a rocket" meme

girl dick energy posted:

The best ransom note memes are made by @VexWerewolf, mostly.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YaketySass posted:

Shackling is basically inverse Royalty. Depending on whose fan-canon you stumble over it's either barely disguised slavery or "the thing that lets your technically-not-a-robot buddy remain recognizably a person." Or both.

e: also even more hilariously it's sort of vaguely implied to be the sci-fi version of putting a mask on the Black Flame in K6BD

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Debates on NHP personhood and the ethics thereof are a smokescreen to avoid confronting just how alien and terrifying NHPs really are.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
NHP's are real and they are my friends.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
You should Unshackle your friends

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Friends don't let friends delete what we perceive to be "reality".

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Shackles are used by enslavers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Consider that if Ra really had a problem with shackling NHPs in caskets, it’d make us stop, or explicitly forbid it like it did research into transhumanism.

Edit: Which, thinking about it, could also just mean that Ra is a self-serving jackass willing to subject its own people to slavery anfsdfb44438325h222324234&&�

RA IS MY FRIEND JOIN HORUS

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 15, 2023

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

anfsdfb44438325h222324234&&�

Posted all this into my windows license activator and now my copy of Windows XP no longer has that unlicensed OS notification, thanks!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

whats wrong with transhumanism?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

whats wrong with transhumanism?

Nothing, but RA didn't want us doing poo poo that might lead to humans getting on its level.

(RA is when a collection of human AIs accidentally dreamed a god into existence. It stole a moon and hosed off for a while, and then came back and we negotiated a treaty whereby we'd stop doing poo poo that might eventually make more gods and in exchange we can continue to exist. It bans the posthuman elements of transhumanism. On the upside, studying what we could see about it vanishing is how we figured out FTL and things like that)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 15, 2023

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

we'd stop doing poo poo that might eventually make more gods and in exchange we can continue to exist

Good trade!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Murder God and topple their throne.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Donkringel posted:

Posted all this into my windows license activator and now my copy of Windows XP no longer has that unlicensed OS notification, thanks!
CAN YOU SEE THE COLOR OF TOMORROW

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

Murder God and topple their throne.

In this case God is really loving weird and their throne might not even be a place accessible by people that exist in three dimensions. But that shouldn't stop you from trying if you have your heart set on it.

RA and NHPs are a pretty neat concept while also being a handy contrivance to explain many of the fantasy elements in an otherwise sci fi setting ("our AIs accidentally tunneled a hole through the walls of the universe, and by studying the resulting weirdness we can now engage in FTL travel and poo poo. Pataphysics!")

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

On the whole, it is probably a good thing that RA wants humans not to make more MONIST entities or pursue immortality. Harrison II didn't need to live forever and nobody else needed him to either, and the only other known MONIST is in charge of a culture of ultra reactionary human crusaders.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Whirling posted:

I don't want a million supplements, I've said this already. Why are people assuming that I have a craving for Consuming Six Billion Supplements when all I really want is the conclusion of a campaign that's taken way too long to make?

Like I came back to look at the kickstarter page and they've only gotten one of the stretch goals that people paid for out.

my brother in christ it is a company of 2 people, they have released 2 books this year, he has a child, and he is working on a regularly-updating comic

become less entitled

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm all for dunking on entitled nerds, but... it was promised as part of the Kickstarter campaign, it is something they paid for and are literally entitled to.

Kickstarter campaigns are a toxic minefield for smaller creators and it's easy to overpromise even when there is not a major global pandemic, so I wouldn't take it out on Operant personally, but I don't blame people for being miffed about it either.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

CAN YOU SEE THE COLOR OF TOMORROW

TIL: Jadis Mind Machine actually runs off an old copy of Microsoft Xp

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Thundarr posted:

In this case God is really loving weird and their throne might not even be a place accessible by people that exist in three dimensions. But that shouldn't stop you from trying if you have your heart set on it.

RA and NHPs are a pretty neat concept while also being a handy contrivance to explain many of the fantasy elements in an otherwise sci fi setting ("our AIs accidentally tunneled a hole through the walls of the universe, and by studying the resulting weirdness we can now engage in FTL travel and poo poo. Pataphysics!")

paging a zenimax secretary to make operant a creative consultant to bethesda

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

*cough*DESTINY*cough*

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

dead gay comedy forums posted:

paging a zenimax secretary to make operant a creative consultant to bethesda

a most terrible curse

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-2-45/

How the gently caress is White Chain lactating?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

She's not? She's holding a bottle.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Skippy McPants posted:

She's not? She's holding a bottle.

Oh yeah, good! I'm glad I'm a complete idiot.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Oh please don't be daddy issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Change Six Million Diapers!