Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

if this type of thing is helpful to you, you could also try writing in a journal. just a couple sentences a day addressed to yourself is very helpful for organizing/understanding your own thoughts and motivations because language is the basis of human consciousness. hard to keep up with, though

philosopher Mikhail Bakhtin viewed the entire act of living as a dialogue, a push and pull, between the individual and others/the world/etc. Truth and meaning could only be discovered through this interplay, and allowing for an internal dialogue rather than a monologue is a way to let this process play out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

D-Pad posted:

Uh didn't the pilots say that the object was moving into like a 100mph headwind or was that gimbal? Because lol if it was go-fast and NASA just intentionally ignored that data to come to this conclusion.

"colder than the ocean... no evidence of heat produced from propulsion." Therefore balloon, mystery solved.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

they called him....small dave

This is a war crime. Well, I guess it Is NASA after all.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I guess if you believe Grusch and some of the other Lue Crew there's a lot going on behind the scenes and these garbage NASA and AARO things are just political theater from the usual suspects.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

thanks friends! i'm having fun :glomp:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asked grandma about the paper machaliens and she said they can't be real because bones don't survive for 1000 years

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

WEH posted:

naaaaah, no one’s gonna remember the mummy poo poo next week

it is happening again

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

philosopher Mikhail Bakhtin viewed the entire act of living as a dialogue, a push and pull, between the individual and others/the world/etc. Truth and meaning could only be discovered through this interplay, and allowing for an internal dialogue rather than a monologue is a way to let this process play out

yep gotta facilitate communication between the prefrontal neocortex and the sensory neocortex or you become a dumb dumb

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

love this, thank you :monocle:

Hooplah posted:

thanks friends! i'm having fun :glomp:

and you're super welcome, learning/practicing has been super rewarding for me so far -- I hope for you it's the same 💗

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 17:21 on Sep 14, 2023

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Thanks for the reading recommendations!

e: BTW I'm halfway into Hellier season 2 and holy poo poo what a ride. I was immediately attracted to the UFOnaut book when watching the first episode of season 1, because it felt highly "magical", but I had no idea this would translate into such a journey for the crew and they were able to capture the essence of this initiation in a documentary. My head is still spinning remembering all the crazy things they went through. Reminded me of my own spontaneous initiation journey a decade ago.

It does indeed feel like whatever is pulling the strings in this show, it did want to be known by a wider audience. Feels like a strange timing with all the current efforts about disclosure and the talks about an "apocalypse"

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Sep 14, 2023

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

ufo thread posting weirdo conspiracy theories again :rolleyes:

thanks, im reading more about this guy i had never heard of. such good posts lately, sending much gratitude today

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Thanks for the reading recommendations!

e: BTW I'm halfway into Hellier season 2 and holy poo poo what a ride. I was immediately attracted to the UFOnaut book when watching the first episode of season 1, because it felt highly "magical", but I had no idea this would translate into such a journey for the crew and they were able to capture the essence of this initiation in a documentary. My head is still spinning remembering all the crazy things they went through. Reminded me of my own spontaneous initiation journey a decade ago.

It does indeed feel like whatever is pulling the strings in this show, it did want to be known by a wider audience. Feels like a strange timing with all the current efforts about disclosure and the talks about an "apocalypse"

I'd started to lose patience with it but I think I'm about where you are and it seems to be picking up again!

Can you tell us about your own spontaneous initiation journey? Only if you're comfortable, of course :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

An excuse me?

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
i just meditated for 15 minutes and it felt pretty nice, i think i have this thread to thank for that, too, and for all the latest cool info on space guys and laughs on pompeii jerk-off mummies

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

A great unveiling

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A great unveiling

Dope.

I didn't know that was a thing :tinfoil:

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Sep 14, 2023

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

and not to put you on the spot but I will second Barry's invitation to share your story, only if you want to :)

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
does anyone else see the fractal lady beckoning when they meditate? do I figure out how to get to her?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Barry Foster posted:

I'd started to lose patience with it but I think I'm about where you are and it seems to be picking up again!

Can you tell us about your own spontaneous initiation journey? Only if you're comfortable, of course :)

I'm on my phone with the kids rn but after they go to bed I'll try. I mentioned some experiences already in the thread, and like in the show it's just a series of weird things that could be just coincidences but eventually it had lasting effects on me and transformed me completely. The most beneficial was my fear of death completely disappeared almost overnight

e: just remembered I have a role playing session tonight so it'll have to wait a bit

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 18:04 on Sep 14, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

*sees Costco rotisserie chicken *
My gods, the mummies are time travelers

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

if you want to keep it alive, fight for it (don't hurt anyone though)

Well this sucks, not sure how to fight for even more communication at this rate lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you got the mummy card because the mummy is real and the cross communication is interfering sorry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The astral plane is great but remember it’s just another set of forms

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Demilich posted:

Well this sucks, not sure how to fight for even more communication at this rate lol

Sorry if this wasn't clear but that wasn't a real reading. It was the only mummy card I found online. literally a bird gave you the real reading with the bird cards ;)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you got the mummy card because the mummy is real and the cross communication is interfering sorry

lmao that this was literally true

drat mummies

more seriously I guess, are you communicating in the way your partner wants you to communicate, or the way you want to communicate? The way things are expressed matters. Bird cards keep banging on about listening to intuition and -- doing something romantic, maybe? Helping them feel special? Showing them they are special?

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Sep 14, 2023

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Prominent weirdo Alan Moore had his character Promethea bring about a pretty great apocalypse in those graphic novels. They are also rife with discussion of tarot, magic, kabbalah, layers of existence, etc etc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

this thread will underestimate my psychic abilities at its own peril

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/AJamesMcCarthy/status/1702363866464919921?s=20

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The most beneficial was my fear of death completely disappeared almost overnight

yeah to borrow phraseology "becoming invincible" is a gigantic achievement and largely pre-requisite to certain types of religious and ritual practice. i dont think one would be wrong for referring to it as the guardian at the threshold. for most folks its accomplished by well and truly internalizing that every thing that has lived has also died and accepting the continuance of existence after death.

its not only good for the soul/self/individual but it also serves as a Hello: My Name Is: for a wide range of organisms you might encounter in your day to day, including some people

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

this thread will underestimate my psychic abilities at its own peril

now you're playing

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

drat mummies

more seriously I guess, are you communicating in the way your partner wants you to communicate, or the way you want to communicate? The way things are expressed matters. Bird cards keep banging on about listening to intuition and -- doing something romantic, maybe? Helping them feel special? Showing them they are special?

There is no partner technically,.I'm simply trying to get more conversations out of someone I've known for a decade who lives an hour away that I really want to date. I'm not asking for daily 8 hour phone calls or anything, but the ability to at least get a text back in a timely manner would be cool.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I'm on my phone with the kids rn but after they go to bed I'll try. I mentioned some experiences already in the thread, and like in the show it's just a series of weird things that could be just coincidences but eventually it had lasting effects on me and transformed me completely. The most beneficial was my fear of death completely disappeared almost overnight

e: just remembered I have a role playing session tonight so it'll have to wait a bit

Absolutely no rush whatsoever, friend!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

The astral plane is great but remember it’s just another set of forms

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Demilich posted:

There is no partner technically,.I'm simply trying to get more conversations out of someone I've known for a decade who lives an hour away that I really want to date. I'm not asking for daily 8 hour phone calls or anything, but the ability to at least get a text back in a timely manner would be cool.

Twofold thought is that (1) the intuition you're being asked to listen to might be saying "she isn't interested." But also (2) the previous reading we did had a card talking about nostalgia, trips down memory lane, the good old days. If not (1), then try a conversation inspired by (2)?

e: honestly going back and looking at your birds, with the additional context, reads to me a bit more like "be happy with all the love and support you have gotten from the friendship, please understand it's not the right time for her for more"

e2 to explain the divergent readings. Consider this an exercise for me as much as you! Our initial reading was King Cups, Six Cups, and Queen Pentacles/King Swords doubled up for the third card. I had no context at all for the initial read -- wasn't even 💯 you were seriously asking :) but two cards on the third pull of a relationship draw makes sense as representing two people so I went with that. King Cups, a card representing emotional insight and maturity, felt like what was being "asked" of you, the person under advisement. Someone in the QP/KS pairing (and it felt like the KS, in part because it was physically half-concealing the Queen on draw) needed to be more of a KC. And what would emotional wisdom from the King look like? 6C, a card representing nostalgia, good memories, shared experiences/journeys. So with me guessing the context of "two people in a relationship," it reads as though a partner needs to develop some emotional understanding and maybe provide other person emotional support in ways that express how special they are, what love they have shared over years. Knowing the correct context of "two people that have been friends for a long time, but not in a relationship," suggests instead the emotional wisdom is understanding that she may not be interested in more than this, and accepting the value inherent in your years of friendship instead.

it's like how the same sentence, used in two different paragraphs, can have the same words and same construction and still convey meaning in two enormously different ways.

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Sep 14, 2023

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Winkle-Daddy posted:

does anyone else see the fractal lady beckoning when they meditate? do I figure out how to get to her?

Are you asking whether you should indulge attachment and desire in the context of meditation? Come on son

Carp
May 29, 2002

"Birb is an untyped, purely functional language based on Lambda Calculus and Combinatory Logic. [...] The birb language is entirely comprised of bird emojis."

https://esolangs.org/wiki/Birb

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Are you asking whether you should indulge attachment and desire in the context of meditation? Come on son

I'm saying I keep seeing a lady that looks like fractals and idk if I should try to talk to her. or like, how. I don't move or communicate when meditating, I just see stuff, mostly colors and waves but sometimes discrete things, too. I got a sense I should say hello because it's rude to stare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

captainbananas posted:

in other news, webb imaged a giant planet 120 light years away called k2-18b which is in the habitable zone of a :cool: dwarf star. it has co2 and methane but not (too) much ammonia. but more importantly, they have a "less robust" detection of dimethyl sulfide (DMS). who gives a poo poo? well,

https://www.nasa.gov/goddard/2023/webb-discovers-methane-carbon-dioxide-in-atmosphere-of-k2-18b

this poo poo's gonna be everywhere we look once we start looking with the right tools. get hosed fermi

I'd hesitate to call it a detection, it's based on a single data point in a spectrum, which is a very tough cae to make. But very interesting + suggestive and more integration time could tell us more.

captainbananas posted:

both of these are correct and good takes. if you care about getting the rubber stamp of science[tm] then you need to play the game as she is played. if you don't care about hewing to western empiricism then that's cool and i am here to lurk and post through it with you, but understand that you can't get it both ways.

I dunno i don't think Gary (or anyone) is really obligated to spend all the time doing exhaustive science every time a grave robber comes into the institute with an arts and craft project made of chicken bones or whatever the gently caress