Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ignore the "toxx clause" entirely on this subforum imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Toxx to da hand

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard chose his own fate.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

like we’re gonna believe AEW’s press release, we saw the empty seats ourselves

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tweak posted:

like we’re gonna believe AEW’s press release, we saw the empty seats ourselves

Yes. Because a sellout doesn't mean every seat is filled. That would be a capacity crowd which generally exceeds a sellout crowd.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think we’ll have to wait for Big Dave’s word on this tbh. Tiny Con has been known to tell a few porkies

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yes. Because a sellout doesn't mean every seat is filled. That would be a capacity crowd which generally exceeds a sellout crowd.

typical aew crowd trying to suggest an integer overflow attendance to juice the numbers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cavauro posted:

ignore the "toxx clause" entirely on this subforum imo

no one ever makes a good toxx anyway

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Anybody remember a guy who used to post here ages ago? I think his name as sharm/shard/shart or something like that. I think he had kids? Anyways, what ever happened to that guy?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shart made his wildest dreams come true

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

neoaxd posted:

Anybody remember a guy who used to post here ages ago? I think his name as sharm/shard/shart or something like that. I think he had kids? Anyways, what ever happened to that guy?

I think about him sometimes. The same way I think about that guy who would make the JR videos. Wherever he is now…

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shardk, you're wronk

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I like to imagine Shard had the most beautiful, enjoyable day. Free from this place. Maybe Shard wouldn’t want to be freed…

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I like to imagine Shard had the most beautiful, enjoyable day. Free from this place. Maybe Shard wouldn’t want to be freed…

thats why we have to remove the toxx, they can't know how nice it is outside

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Rename the sub "Matt Taven's Mat Tavern"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I have no strong feeling either way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Why?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Matt Taven.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

It's really funny, just take my word for it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't do that. matt Taven is a really bad guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this place is a prison

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWLdPN3nto

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this place is a prison

Matt Taven’s (in)Mat(e) Tavern

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let him cook

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Brut posted:

Thanks for clarifying, I will do the same.

You are welcome to occasionally post here as a form of protest reminding people that you do not watch the shows, and presenting a coherent argument about why they should not either, or if they do, why they should do their best to avoid paying for PPVs and such.

You are not welcome to post here calling people pieces of poo poo or any other insults for watching the shows.

While it is very unfortunate that the executives at both (now merged) companies and probably others close to them are giant pieces of poo poo, they themselves are not the entire product they run and the shows in general represent years of history and escape from the real world for those watching them, and provide a direct source of enjoyment to the people posting here about it that I think far outweighs the monetary and brand support that is potentially provided by having an engaged fanbase continue to post here.

Brut posted:

Well I mean now that they have decided (I am assuming practicing what they preach) not to watch the show anymore, obviously if they change their mind and decide to watch the show again, they're also welcomed to keep posting normally about that too, but that goes without saying.

I don't think that's the right course of action at this time.

Brut posted:

Is there a reason you're randomly sniping at someone who hasn't posted in this thread in like a year and a half?

Brut posted:

Don't call anyone anything, do not talk about other posters.

You disagree with posters? Talk to them, tell them you think they're wrong and tell them why, have a normal conversation.

no offense and I appreciate the effort but its starting to feel like we need an active mod for the wrestling side instead of the MMA mod trying to understand what the heck is going on in the wrestling threads

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I think it's coming from an earnest place but the new mod style of chiding people for their posts and insisting they post normal is not great. Either you think a post is worth a sixer and you give it or you don't and then you the mod :justpost: like a normal poster.

Selecting random posts to call out and give out posting advice to always just makes people cranky and kicks dreams back up after it stopped.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Out of the people who haven't been wrasslemod here yet, who do you think would make for a decent one?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Out of the people who haven't been wrasslemod here yet, who do you think would make for a decent one?

Who you tryin ta curse?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

That Iggy Igsen guy seems like a level head

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

Who you tryin ta curse?

I vote Shard.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Personally I think the mod should be someone who is impartial, calls everything straight down the middle, and will therefore punish my posting enemies

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
we're all afraid to say it but here goes, the wrestling side needs a mod that isn't easily distracted by outside the ring shenanigans while posters hit each other with chairs and poke each other in the eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

no offense and I appreciate the effort but its starting to feel like we need an active mod for the wrestling side instead of the MMA mod trying to understand what the heck is going on in the wrestling threads

I agree, this is being worked on.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I think it's coming from an earnest place but the new mod style of chiding people for their posts and insisting they post normal is not great. Either you think a post is worth a sixer and you give it or you don't and then you the mod :justpost: like a normal poster.

Selecting random posts to call out and give out posting advice to always just makes people cranky and kicks dreams back up after it stopped.

Well the thing is that I don't watch wrestling so I would have no reason to :justpost: in the wrestling threads, the posts that draw my attention are posts that have been reported, which speaks both to the selection and the timing, I try to check reports every day but not like every hour or something, so I'm gonna get to things late in those situations.

More generally speaking though, use 'your buttons before your words' is pretty much the opposite of the advice I mostly see kicked around when folks talk about modding. Because I'm less familiar with the threads I have less of an idea when it's a one-off and when it's a pattern of behavior, I try to give the benefit of the doubt and give people a chance before just starting to hit people with probes.