Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
United won’t be able to sign anyone soon, who the hell would want to go there at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

United won’t be able to sign anyone soon, who the hell would want to go there at this point

sex pests and wife beaters

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ozmunkeh posted:

Looks like he’ll spend the rest of his contract being little more than a… team viewer.

:golfclap:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ozmunkeh posted:

Looks like he’ll spend the rest of his contract being little more than a… team viewer.

Good news, that shirt sponsorship ends after this season.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

scuttlebutt out of Old Trafford is that he was habitually late and half-arsed, Ten Hag tried to work with him but clearly has lost patience and dropped him, and Sancho responded by saying that he was a "scapegoat" and that the manager was a liar

I've said before - people are desperate for Ten Hag to be a poo poo weirdo here, but if Darwin Nunez turned up late every day and then chewed Klopp out in the press for having the temerity to drop him, he'd also be doing a three-year residency in Vegas as a Winston Bogarde tribute act

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

And they all said we were mad for accumulating so many wide forwards.

It's Pellistri and Diallo's time to shine.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
long term mental health poo poo (which can absolutely affect time-keeping regardless of motivation) isn't something that gets fixed just by being given a couple months off

not to say that the post wasn't ill-advised but frankly the ease with which people (not necessarily in this forum to be clear) are looking to bin Sancho off as some inherently lazy doss oval office does not sit well

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

long term mental health poo poo (which can absolutely affect time-keeping regardless of motivation) isn't something that gets fixed just by being given a couple months off

not to say that the post wasn't ill-advised but frankly the ease with which people (not necessarily in this forum to be clear) are looking to bin Sancho off as some inherently lazy doss oval office does not sit well

He couldn't be arsed to turn up to training some days when he was at city which is why he got binned off to dortmund. This is hardly out of the blue stuff for him. The contrast between him and bellingham in terms of behaviour is incredibly stark and it's no wonder one is continuing to push on with his career

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

FullLeatherJacket posted:

scuttlebutt out of Old Trafford is that he was habitually late and half-arsed, Ten Hag tried to work with him but clearly has lost patience and dropped him, and Sancho responded by saying that he was a "scapegoat" and that the manager was a liar

I've said before - people are desperate for Ten Hag to be a poo poo weirdo here, but if Darwin Nunez turned up late every day and then chewed Klopp out in the press for having the temerity to drop him, he'd also be doing a three-year residency in Vegas as a Winston Bogarde tribute act

Beautiful idiot Darwin would never

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Nuclear Spoon posted:

to be fair I feel like as an inherently lazy doss oval office I should support him on principle

but yeah, I have sympathy for a Dele Alli or a Danny Drinkwater and the club has a responsibility to treat them as actual human beings with dignity, but at a certain point it's beyond the responsibilities of a football manager to resolve the personal demons of individuals who can't show up to work on time or sober

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Is this not Fergie's chance to defeat his Gazza regret.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

to be fair I feel like as an inherently lazy doss oval office I should support him on principle

but yeah, I have sympathy for a Dele Alli or a Danny Drinkwater and the club has a responsibility to treat them as actual human beings with dignity, but at a certain point it's beyond the responsibilities of a football manager to resolve the personal demons of individuals who can't show up to work on time or sober

My last boss wanted me to show up on time AND sober. Like what the hell?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ten hag loves defending sex abusers. He is a poo poo weirdo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Jose posted:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jose posted:

He does and he is. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/16/erik-ten-hag-marc-overmars-ajax-return-inappropriate-messages?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ten Hag is just following in Lord Ferg's footsteps of covering up and defending sex pests. The only difference is that Ten Hag is backing poo poo players and not Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo.

poo poo, Jonny Evans got accused of rape in 2007 and ten Hag wanted a piece of that so badly he re-signed him

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Ten Hag is just following in Lord Ferg's footsteps of covering up and defending sex pests. The only difference is that Ten Hag is backing poo poo players and not Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo.

poo poo, Jonny Evans got accused of rape in 2007 and ten Hag wanted a piece of that so badly he re-signed him

I respect you for admitting that Ferguson was scum even through your bias.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He couldn't be arsed to turn up to training some days when he was at city which is why he got binned off to dortmund. This is hardly out of the blue stuff for him. The contrast between him and bellingham in terms of behaviour is incredibly stark and it's no wonder one is continuing to push on with his career

Why’d United pay 85m for him if that’s the case??? Are they stupid?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Maybe it's makeweight for the bebe transfer being so cheap

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

You're acting like utd massively overpaying for a player is strange?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

it's not like Sancho just randomly made the comment about being dropped, he made the comment after ETH publicly called him a lazy rear end in training. The relationship between them likely ended there, no matter what.

Can't imagine Klopp would ever call out his player like that, would be very against his style.

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 15, 2023

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Ten Hag statement on why he wasn't in the squad is like the least controversial thing a coach has ever said.

quote:

"Jadon was [absent] based on his performance on the training," Ten Hag said "We didn't select him. You have to reach a level every day at Manchester United and we can make choices on the frontline, so for this game he wasn't selected."

Can you genuinely not imagine Klopp saying that? I certainly can. I can imagine any coach saying that.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

The Ten Hag statement on why he wasn't in the squad is like the least controversial thing a coach has ever said.

Can you genuinely not imagine Klopp saying that? I certainly can. I can imagine any coach saying that.

Yeah in a squad with six(?) wide forwards you probably need to actually be good in training (and matches) to keep your spot. Seems fair.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TheRat posted:

no, I imagine Klopp would dodge the question. Say it was tactical, other strong players knocking on the door etc. Saying a guy isn't getting in the squad because he isn't training to the level required is publicly calling him out, and that rarely ends well.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TheRat posted:

I think it's one thing to say the player's a bit poo poo, another thing to suggest that they don't give a poo poo in training. The latter's the sort of thing that really sticks to your reputation.

Also lol that I'm defending Sancho but United did previously out his mental health issues without his consent so I think the flair-up has to be seen in that context of distrust and mismanagement.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

I think it's one thing to say the player's a bit poo poo, another thing to suggest that they don't give a poo poo in training. The latter's the sort of thing that really sticks to your reputation.

I think saying a player is a bit poo poo is a lot worse than saying he didn't perform in training this week, personally.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
rip Everton

https://twitter.com/everton/status/1702608204004229481?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Probably more diplomatic to rephrase the training comment to say "other players performed better in training this week" rather than "Jadon did poorly in training this week" but yeah it doesn't seem that controversial. Ten Hag is a poo poo for defending sex pests, the Sancho thing just seems like a poor choice of phrasing for a pretty normal answer.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Isn't this why almost every time a manager gets asked anything like this they just give a vague 'he's carrying a bit of a knock' type answer.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

777 partners sounds like a very legit company

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Everton are like the Fyre Festival of Prem clubs at the moment. There's no way this deal doesn't end in disaster

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

These guys already own a bunch of clubs:

Genoa
Standard Liege
Red Star FC (France 3rd division)
Vasco de Gama
Melbourne Victory
Most of Hertha Berlin
Part of Sevilla

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1702665655525196244

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

vyelkin posted:

Probably more diplomatic to rephrase the training comment to say "other players performed better in training this week" rather than "Jadon did poorly in training this week" but yeah it doesn't seem that controversial. Ten Hag is a poo poo for defending sex pests, the Sancho thing just seems like a poor choice of phrasing for a pretty normal answer.

fobbing off media parasites with deliberately worded non-answers is pretty critical to the required skillset of a big club manager though

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/cmbftbl/status/1702677105769639956?t=h93EFsoX4CawVbKjMUT2iQ&s=19

30 goals a season incoming

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All You Had To Do Was Play

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked It In

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Well good, as long as he’s okay that’s the main thing

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

777 Partners? Didn't know your mum was buying Everton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Jadon? More like Jay-done.