Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNjAz-Lx74&t=349s

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pro starcraft loser posted:

Anyone: "Why don't you want funds to go to Ukraine to help them defend against the Russian invasion?"
Them: "We can use those funds for America!"
Anyone: "When have you ever voted for spending money on Americans who aren't rich?"
Them: *screeching*
Also, "Sending funds to Ukraine" is actually code for "Send funds to Ukraine which turns around and sends funds to LockMart or Boeing or General Dynamics"

It's using a third party to fund the Military Industrial Complex. The US has been doing this for decades.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1702453152090349679?s=20

Seems very obvious to me that the recent SEAD/DEAD campaign in Crimea is to take out air defense assets that would pose the greatest threat to F-16s conducting operations in the Zaporizhzhian direction in advance of their deployment. Everything they've hit would have the range and accuracy to swat an F-16 down and you should expect to see western fighters being used as carefully as the HIMARS have been. To date Ukraine hasn't lost a single HIMARS launcher and F-16s are exponentially more valuable in terms of being a force multiplier. They're getting the battlefield ready to play with their new toys more safely

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What the gently caress is oligophrenia???

Is that from living under an oligarchy too long

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What the gently caress is oligophrenia???

Is that from living under an oligarchy too long

generalized intellectual disabilities that aren't specific diagnoses fall under the umbrella of oligophrenia. Typically caused by recessive traits or by reading jackson hinkle tweets

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

To save people from looking it up:

quote:

In psychiatry, oligophrenia, or congenital dementia, refers to a group of pathologic mental states that are congenital or acquired in early infancy.

So in order to conduct a war of imperialism, mighty POCCONR is sending people who not only could not consent, but are likely to be never capable of even understanding why they are fighting, or perhaps what they even have to do.

The sooner Putin goes the way of Mussolini, the better.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

So in order to conduct a war of imperialism, mighty POCCONR is sending people who not only could not consent, but are likely to be never capable of even understanding why they are fighting, or perhaps what they even have to do.

tldr russia is mobilizing an army of forrest gumpskis

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HonorableTB posted:

tldr russia is mobilizing an army of forrest gumpskis

Oh no, not Forrest Gump. Look again at the definition, 'congenital or acquired in early infancy'. Odds are good that at least some of the proposed cannon fodder might not have intellectually progressed beyond childhood, thanks to those congenital conditions. This is who Putin might send to the modern battlefield.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russia is an equal opportunity mobilizer

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo being able to drone lift the wounded is potentially huge

Seriously. North America Rescue has been doing updates on the medical situation on the front there and seeing the differences between the GWOT and how we handled casualty evacs and the reality of what it looks like in a prolonged ground war is just insane

Like keeping someone seriously injured alive in the back of a pickup truck while one medic frantically works on the guy and artillery is blowing up everywhere. It's just harrowing. A drone like that can save a ton of lives.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

Oh no, not Forrest Gump. Look again at the definition, 'congenital or acquired in early infancy'. Odds are good that at least some of the proposed cannon fodder might not have intellectually progressed beyond childhood, thanks to those congenital conditions. This is who Putin might send to the modern battlefield.

Oof, Putin's a real big piece of poo poo!

Have a T-64 to lol at. Look real close at the ERA :laugh:

edit: gigolo what the hell is going on with your custom title :lmao:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

edit: gigolo what the hell is going on with your custom title :lmao:

Yikes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HonorableTB posted:

Are those... fuel cans?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Are those... fuel cans?

They're bricks alright :v:

Just not ERA

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1702453152090349679?s=20

Seems very obvious to me that the recent SEAD/DEAD campaign in Crimea is to take out air defense assets that would pose the greatest threat to F-16s conducting operations in the Zaporizhzhian direction in advance of their deployment. Everything they've hit would have the range and accuracy to swat an F-16 down and you should expect to see western fighters being used as carefully as the HIMARS have been. To date Ukraine hasn't lost a single HIMARS launcher and F-16s are exponentially more valuable in terms of being a force multiplier. They're getting the battlefield ready to play with their new toys more safely

That would make more sense if they were expected to get fighters any time soon. Not that we haven’t been surprised before by promised weapons showing up early, but every estimate I’ve seen says F-16s in early 2024. There’s been some Gripen chatter the last couple days, but if this was about opening up the airspace you’d think they’d wait until they had the fighters so they could strike before Russia got new air defense in place. More likely to me between the oil rig radars and the SAM systems is making the Black Sea fleet more vulnerable, which they’re clearly taking advantage of.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

ought ten posted:

That would make more sense if they were expected to get fighters any time soon. Not that we haven’t been surprised before by promised weapons showing up early, but every estimate I’ve seen says F-16s in early 2024. There’s been some Gripen chatter the last couple days, but if this was about opening up the airspace you’d think they’d wait until they had the fighters so they could strike before Russia got new air defense in place. More likely to me between the oil rig radars and the SAM systems is making the Black Sea fleet more vulnerable, which they’re clearly taking advantage of.

plus it's not like Flankers are worthless. hurting Russian AD helps Ukraine pretty much wherever it happens.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"Hey! My warlord may have gained a little weight, but he's not some sort of genocide-crazed corpse!"

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

tiaz posted:

plus it's not like Flankers are worthless. hurting Russian AD helps Ukraine pretty much wherever it happens.

Yeah this could allow further air support now to help keep up momentum and to take as much territory as possible before winter. Plus it will help perfect strategies needed to clear AD so they can keep F16s alive in the future.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wait hold on I thought Ukraine had lost 700 high Mars launchers

Are you guys telling me that Russian State media is lying to me??? SHOIGUU!!!!!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
You haven't been lied to, you're just believing the wrong reality.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
No those were "hi mark" launchers, crewed by tommy wiseau

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait hold on I thought Ukraine had lost 700 high Mars launchers

Are you guys telling me that Russian State media is lying to me??? SHOIGUU!!!!!

The last of the VEE DEE VEE currently rapidly diminishing in Zaporizhzhia don't appear to be very happy about those and cluster shells.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

weg posted:

Yeah this could allow further air support now to help keep up momentum and to take as much territory as possible before winter. Plus it will help perfect strategies needed to clear AD so they can keep F16s alive in the future.

They've been running a shaping operation on Russian air defense for a while now. First some drones hit Moscow, then some airbases which looks like to thinned out the more mobile units in Crimea. That let them hit a couple ofS-400 launchers, and then two warships.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CommissarMega posted:

"We're scraping the bottom of the barrel, so lets scrape harder."

They are going to have nothing resembling a modern military at the end of this, even if Ukraine doesn't win. Absolutely pathetic.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

They are going to have nothing resembling a modern military at the end of this, even if Ukraine doesn't win. Absolutely pathetic.

The first signs of this have already begun appearing with the Frankenstinian ISIS-tier technicals they weld together from whatever least rusted parts they were able to scrounge from an equipment dump, and T-55s being given as fire support to newly formed regiments.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Destroying AD systems is also great for enabling more drone attacks, which are providing enormous bang for the buck (pun fully intended).

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Cykatruck

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
did somebody give kadyrov the ol spicy teachain

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

:five:

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

CommieGIR posted:

Back when the initial invasion failed to immediately capture Kiev and Russia was conscripting only people from the farther-flung oblasts and underequipping them, people here were joking in black humor that Putin was just trying to get rid of everyone in Russia he thought was undesirable. Doesn't seem that improbable now, since it's hard to imagine somebody with a severe cognitive impairment is going to finally turn the tides...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy1731
Treasury reports a fresh set of sanctions targeting alternate routes of military and dual use goods.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1702401366138687526
Puccia just can't stop winning, LMAO

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Nice piece of fish posted:

Teknikland? Great place. They also have some cool ground vehicles and a display of what happens when swedes try to cross norwegian mountains.

Aeroseum outside Gothenburg.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I know drone lifting wounded is probably the best use, but imagine drone surrender squadrons just bussing mobiks off the defensive lines nonstop.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Commodore_64 posted:

I know drone lifting wounded is probably the best use, but imagine drone surrender squadrons just bussing mobiks off the defensive lines nonstop.

In fairness, it would only be the kind of thing America could afford. Not to mention even the least intelligent enemy combatant might try to stop it from happening if they saw it, putting a valuable drone system at risk. Medevac is the best possible role these could serve, or delivering supplies.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Re: mentally disabled soldiers

The us tried something similar in Vietnam, and to the surprise of nobody except the ghouls running it, it was not only not productive but actively counter-productive.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

It's almost as if they want to get rid of an untermench, now that they look like they're not going to win this easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Y'all are just being russophobic ableists.