Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Possibly the 20mm autocannons that some baby tier German tanks start with? Not that Pz2s with HVAP aren't a menace, but they do require some amount of thinking that you don't necessarily need to do with 37mm and 45mm APHE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Infidelicious posted:

This is why I couldn't hack France after the Sherman slog.

No aphe on their guns is loving miserable.

Hold my beer sir, and observe.

:britain:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I’ve found that with solid shot slingers you’re relegated to taking 1 or 2 shots at a target then moving on or you’ll get your lunch eaten. People have figured out roughly where you are and will be hunting you. It’s best to support your teammates directly or make sure that the tanks heading to the front are short a couple crew members.

It’s one of those war thunder things that IRL a solid shot turning 3/5 of your crew into paste didn’t just result in the bow gunner and loader just continuing to fight the tank a bit less efficiently.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
A 3 kg projectile smashing into your loader's face just makes them a bit sleepy, no big deal :kiddo:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

YF-23 posted:

Possibly the 20mm autocannons that some baby tier German tanks start with? Not that Pz2s with HVAP aren't a menace, but they do require some amount of thinking that you don't necessarily need to do with 37mm and 45mm APHE.

I'm sad I wasn't playing this game when the German 20mm had around 70mm of pen, the Wirbelwind must have been very fun

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The French AP rounds are fine, especially with those cool revolver-style 5 second auto loaders. I especially enjoyed having no ammo to unlock.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Richard Bong posted:

I’ve found that with solid shot slingers you’re relegated to taking 1 or 2 shots at a target then moving on or you’ll get your lunch eaten. People have figured out roughly where you are and will be hunting you. It’s best to support your teammates directly or make sure that the tanks heading to the front are short a couple crew members.

It’s one of those war thunder things that IRL a solid shot turning 3/5 of your crew into paste didn’t just result in the bow gunner and loader just continuing to fight the tank a bit less efficiently.

I've been told that historically, tank crews would abandon the vehicle after getting hit, even if the hit didn't penetrate. Just the threat of a shot turning anyone into paste was enough to knock out the tank.

Emulating this by e.g. a crew morale system would be disastrously unfun, of course.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Solumin posted:

I've been told that historically, tank crews would abandon the vehicle after getting hit, even if the hit didn't penetrate. Just the threat of a shot turning anyone into paste was enough to knock out the tank.

Emulating this by e.g. a crew morale system would be disastrously unfun, of course.

Yeah, when it has been demonstrated that your armor is insufficient or barely holding on and you’re going to catch a follow up shot very soon, bailing is usually the right choice.

Also slapping HE into a tank to panic or disorient the crew while your compatriots move into a better position was a valid and effective tactic.

But yeah that system would be really unfun to play a game with.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Solumin posted:

There's a few reasons for this.

First, the crew doesn't know how bad the hit was. They have a few seconds to get clear of the tank if the hit was bad before they get toasted or exploded.
Second, the crew *does* know the enemy gun has them ranged and will probably be able to hit them again. An enemy they often did not see and cannot immediately engage.
Third, hits that cause no damage in War Thunder may have effectively disabled a tank IRL. As an example, damaging the optic glass would leave the tank unable to return fire in the immediate future even if the crew can later replace the glass.

On the topic of the R-73, War Thunder devs in their infinite wisdom straight up said the R-73 is better than anything short of the AIM-9X or IRIS-T. Including specifically its IRCCM capabilities & flare resistance, which they implied are at least as good as the stinger's. Without getting into the legitimacy of that claim one would think that would be a pretty good reason not to add it while everyone else is slinging missiles from the 70's and early 80's. They also said the AIM-9M would not be equivalent to the R-73, which is a pretty drat funny thing to say given they're expecting everyone to instead use the older and even less comparable AIM-9L. They also tweaked the R-73 missile tracking so it hits a lot more front and side aspect shots now - the issue was apparently the flight model, not flares actually working in those situations.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 5, 2023

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Also, if a tank gets tracked then that tank is basically a pillbox until they can repair it, which could take hours to do. Not much fun under fire either, so abandoning the tank was probably the smartest thing for the crew to do. Their leaders however might have a different view.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

https://i.imgur.com/U9OYDlr.mp4

This has got to be the most unfortunate shot trap I've seen in this game.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

The rare KV-2 (ZiS-6) is on sale this week, to celebrate Tanker's Day in Russia. You can also unlock a decoration and a decal.
It's a heavy tank, BR 5.0 in every mode, with 155 mm of pen and 21.7 second reload.

It's undeniably a pretty cool tank, but I don't know if it's worth 3,850 GE (~$26).

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I was tempted by it because I love Soviet heavies and the KVs in particular. It seems like it would be a lot like the KV-122 in playstyle, which I get on well with, but being 5.0 puts me off. With only the SU-85M to accompany it at rating, I'd be relying on T-34-57s and the KV-85 to fill. Those are great tanks, but pulling them out of their rating bracket seems like it could be harsh.

All things considered I suspect it should probably be down at 4.7 rather than 5, but like I say, I haven't fought in it. I'd certainly buy it without hesitation if I could put it in that line up though.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I was tempted by it because I love Soviet heavies and the KVs in particular. It seems like it would be a lot like the KV-122 in playstyle, which I get on well with, but being 5.0 puts me off. With only the SU-85M to accompany it at rating, I'd be relying on T-34-57s and the KV-85 to fill. Those are great tanks, but pulling them out of their rating bracket seems like it could be harsh.

All things considered I suspect it should probably be down at 4.7 rather than 5, but like I say, I haven't fought in it. I'd certainly buy it without hesitation if I could put it in that line up though.

I don't own the KV-2 ZiS-6 so I can't comment whether it's worth it, but the KV-85 and T-34-57 are absolutely fine when uptiered. The -57 has almost exactly the same penetration values as the T-34-85 that's at 5.7

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 9, 2023

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’m absolutely astounded we haven’t seen a premium USMC M4A3R3 yet. Gimme dat flamethrower at 4.0.

Open tops get hosed.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Why does the barrel being destroyed prevent your crew loading a round into the gun breach?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Farecoal posted:

Why does the barrel being destroyed prevent your crew loading a round into the gun breach?

They pour the Barrel Fixing Juice through the breech

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Farecoal posted:

Loader's outside the tank, hammering at the barrel to repair it

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Or the Ontos where one barrel takes damage the other five are inoperable

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Frankly you should just be thankful you survived a hit in the Ontos.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Got my wife and brother-in-law into the game this weekend and we've been jamming Ger, Ger, USSR on RB tank battles. It was a heckin rough learning curve to convince them not to b-line straight into points and get blasted, but now that they're getting the gist of hanging back and slowly advancing we've been absolutely demolishing games more times than not.
What I am saying is, teamwork is overpowered, and yelling across the room has been hilariously good fun, do recommend.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Spiteski posted:

Got my wife and brother-in-law into the game this weekend and we've been jamming Ger, Ger, USSR on RB tank battles. It was a heckin rough learning curve to convince them not to b-line straight into points and get blasted, but now that they're getting the gist of hanging back and slowly advancing we've been absolutely demolishing games more times than not.
What I am saying is, teamwork is overpowered, and yelling across the room has been hilariously good fun, do recommend.

How could you do this to people you love?????

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Hahaha, it's not so bad. None of us are super hyper competitive, and we've played other online games together a fair bit (Planetside, HLL, etc) but this has the benefit of 15-30minutes games which is refreshing.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Every time I feel that maybe, as a Brit I should play more Britain I have a run playing British tanks and just feel miserable at the end of it.

The only British tank I can honestly say I really enjoy is the Centurion Mk1. The Black Prince can be a lot of fun if you bring it out in the late game, assuming you can get it to the front lines fast enough before the game ends.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
When does the Hungary update come out? Impossible to find an actual date anywhere

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm back on the grind towards the Type 10. Japan's just so cool to have a 4 second reload and adjustable suspension.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Farecoal posted:

When does the Hungary update come out? Impossible to find an actual date anywhere

The first update in the end of year trio is historically early to mid September, though I think we’re coming up on the top end of that pretty fast.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Maybe because i'm using the WIP client, but I've noticed they've (intermittently) integrated some of the visual upgrades. I've seen shock/blast waves move smoke around and also glowing barrels, but not every match? :shrug:

Also unlocked the M60 with a stabilized barrel :getin:

:lol::lmao: that .3 uptier put me into SAM SPAA range, my CAS days have been severely curtailed :smith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Farecoal posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo / squadronmate who works with the snail says update drops tomorrow

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Kesper North posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo / squadronmate who works with the snail says update drops tomorrow

Can you please ask him to give the Yak-141 a loadout with 4 R-27ERs? tia

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I had the rare chance of pulling off a 'Watch the birdie!' today against a japanese B6N2.

It was extremely rad.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Azran posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: Our Discord server is here :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: Our Discord server is here :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

War Thunder is a free-to-play PC/PS4 game about crashing planes into the ground, driving tanks off a cliff and unintentionally beaching ships.

Steam

:siren: Before you make an account, use one of these referral links so the nerds that created the squadrons can get their eagles back. You get extra premium currency too!:siren:

GI (Vahakyla)
Gt Lt (Me)
LAME (Thief)

When you play the game for the first time, it will prompt you to pick a nation. Your choice is not final or anything, the other ones will unlock after a couple of battles. We recommend Russia for beginners due to the sheer fun factor inherent to their biplanes and tanks.

Your choices are:

+ American planes tend to be well armed, relatively tough and pretty fast, as well as decently agile at high speeds. Huge ammo pools mean you will rarely run out of ammo unless you're being actively wasteful.
+ Wide variety of good close air support options - most fighters can carry significant amounts of ordnance and bombers are resilient and well protected by multiple turrets.
+ Navy planes get access to cannons as well as trading some speed for agility.
- American planes are sluggish at low speeds and getting pounced at low altitudes while low on energy is a death sentence in most cases.
- Playstyle is not exactly beginner-friendly - "boom 'n' zoom" requires some degree of practice and experience to pull off successfully, but if done properly enemy planes will be almost powerless to stop you.

+ American tanks tend to be pretty average in terms of firepower, speed and armor. Firepower improves significantly once you get access to 76 and 90mm cannons.
+ Fast tank destroyers with powerful guns. Great light tank selection too.
+ Deep, varied roster.
+ Great gun depression.
+ Almost all tanks get .50 cals, which just melt lightly armored vehicles and exposed crew.
- Don't expect to survive getting shot at unless you're in a Jumbo.
- Shermans overstay their welcome at later tiers.

+ Best air support options, 50 caliber MGs is very good against boats and most fighters can mount bombs and torpedoes to hunt down boats.
+ Numerous anti-air guns with good firing arcs. VT shells for 76mm and 127mm guns also allow you to blow up enemy planes easily.
+ Has the best destroyers overall in the game.
- Tech tree is full of repeated boats and ships.
- Has the worst cruisers in the game.
- loving Clemnsons.
- In general, American T2 boats are just bad.
- The 40mm Bofors on most boats will overheat a few seconds into a firefight. Only ship mounted Bofors and the ones on the LCS and PGH last long enough to kill the bad guys.

+ Messerschmitt planes are amazing energy fighters with a decent variety of weapon options at higher ranks, from extra cannons to bombs and rockets.
+ Focke-Wulf planes are more boom 'n' zoom-y than Messerschmitt planes - they trade awful turn rates for extremely deadly cannons, amazing roll rates, good handling at high speeds and great energy retention.
+ Some of the best heavy fighters in the game when it comes to bomber hunting.
+ Great cannons - 30mm cannons wreck bombers and 20mm cannons with minengeschoss ammo just annihilate enemy fighters.
+ Bizarre wunderwaffe machines like the Ho 229 and the Me 163.
- Outside of biplanes, you have basically no turn fighters.
- Bombers tend to be slow and badly defended, but you at least get pretty big bombs to make up for it.
- Energy fighters aren't as simple as turn fighters for beginners.
- Pretty mediocre machine guns.

+ Early T1 autocannons tear apart most enemy tanks at their tier. This extend to AA guns, which double as pretty efficient tank killers.
+ Your long guns are pretty powerful and great for long range fighting, such as the 75mm Kwk40 and the 88mm KwK36.
+ Great heavy tanks, just don't get flanked.
+ StuGs are cute and a direct Sturmpanzer hit can destroy an Abrams.
- Most tanks are either slow (King Tiger family) or poorly armored (Panzer III/IV lines).
- Later on, your medium and heavy tanks (as well as some tank destroyers) tend to be barn-sized with awful turret rotation speed.

Here's an effort post for German tanks (T1-T4)

+ Can douse enemies in a hail of autocannon fire.
+ Only one with guided bombs at low BR.
+ Has the best armored cruisers in the game.
- WW2-era boat automatics have pretty poor ballistics which can make killing targets near 2km a pain.
- Repair costs are through the roof for quite a few boats and all your cruisers.
- Early boats tend to be fragile and will die to American 50s.

+ Soviet planes excel at low altitude dogfights.
+ The I-153 Chaika is the best biplane in the game.
+ Pretty easy to learn thanks to their versatility. You can have a turn fight with stuff that wants to energy fight and energy fight stuff that wants a turn fight.
+ Soviet guns are decently powerful.
- Your ammo reserves aren't exactly plentiful.
- You are going to have a bad time if you try to fight at high altitudes.
- Your early bombers are pretty bad. You eventually get defensive cannon turrets and pretty absurd bomb loadouts.

+ Jack-of-all-trades when it comes to speed, armor and firepower.
+ Some absurdly big guns.
+ T34s are amazing tanks in the early tiers.
- Basically no gun depression.
- Some absurdly long reload times.

If you want a Tier 1 through 6 effortpost about Soviet tanks, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3821747&perpage=40&pagenumber=199#post492670056
If you want to read to know even more, here you go

+ Automatic weapons have good ballistics and has a lot of cannon-equipped boats at low tier.
+ Armored gun boats are good as long as you stay >2.2km from your target. If not, a Leichte will become annoyed with you existing, and then you won't.
+ Has a Cold War destroyer frigate with automatic 76mm cannons that is devastating against small boats and planes if the incredibly strong Cold War boats is not already enough for you.
+ First light cruiser has 180mm guns (the largest guns atm) and secondaries with VT. Second one is decently armored and with lots of fast firing guns.
- Also has the same repair cost issues as Germany.
- Most boats cannot handle non-calm waters well... at all.
- Automatic weapons have small magazines and/or an agonizingly long reload time.

+ British Spitfires are some of the best turn fighters in the game.
+ Your cannons are great but tend to have limited ammo. Your machine guns are weak but they have a ton of ammo.
+ Great heavy fighters.
- Most fighters are on the slow side.
- Your bombers are fragile and badly defended but at least they carry a ton of bombs.
- Awful torpedoes. Their drop speed is so low that you can't torp someone after flying in from your airspawn.

+ Overall, British tanks pair top-shelf guns with either good maneuverability or adequate armor -- rarely both.
+ Almost exclusively use solid shot, giving them above-average pen for their BR.
+ Early tanks: Maneuverable, good to mediocre armor. Crusaders and Cromwells are really fast, Churchills are extremely beefy. Excellent reload speeds.
+ Late tanks: Early stabilizers, lots of emphasis on turret armor, APDS for excellent pen or HESH for good performance against slopes.
- Almost exclusively use solid shot, making kills more difficult compared to APHE.
- Early tanks: Can't reverse at all. Armor tends to be weak, with Churchills being the notable exceptions.
- Late tanks: British tank doctrine calls for hull-down positioning, so tanks are not the most maneuverable (compared to their peers) and have weak lower-front plates. APDS and HESH seriously need some love, their post-pen damage is terrible.

Notable tanks: Crusader Mk III, Cromwell I, Churchill Mk I, Avenger, Comet I, literally everything in Rank IV, Vickers MBT.
Notable premiums: A.C.IV, Iron Duke IV, Strv 81 (Rb.52), Centurion Mk.5 AVRE, Sho't Kal Dalet.

+ Adding a Wellington to your lineup gives you access to 4000lb bombs, which is the most hilarious gimmick that also works too well.
+ Autocannons either reload very fast (Poms-Poms) or take a while to overheat (Bofors)
+ The automatic 57mm has good ballistics and will deal allow you to respond beyond 2km.
- Boats are either very good or very bad with nothing in between. Especially infamous is the starting boat which only has 7.7mm machine guns that struggle to tickle someone beyond 1km.
- Ammo racks on quite a few boats and ships are easier to hit which increases the chance of you dying.
- Has the worst naval torpedoes in the game.

+ Zeroes (navy planes) are some of the best turn fighters in the game.
+ The army planes (Ki line) are closer to energy fighters - fast and good energy retention but not exactly agile.
+ The A5M4 can outturn even biplanes.
+ Some of your heavy fighters are disgustingly agile for their size.
- Zeroes are slow and even your fastest planes are only middle-of-the-road speed-wise. They can energy fight but their energy retention is awful.
- At low and medium tiers your cannon ammo has to be used judiciously. Some planes only get 120 rounds.
- Your armor is as tough as wet paper and your repair costs tend to be pretty high.
- Your planes compress extremely easily in most cases, Zeroes in particular.

+ You get access to some big-rear end guns and howitzers that can punch way above their weight.
+ The Chi-To in particular is a goddamn beast.
- Your tanks are slow, big and poorly armored. Japan didn't put that much emphasis into tanks.

+/- No Naval Forces yet.

+ Great guns.
+ Great paintjobs and absolutely bizarre visual design choices.
+ Pretty fast and decently agile at mid-high speeds.
- Your engines tend to suffer from overheat issues.
- Most fighters have issues with elevator compression.
- Rolling isn't exactly your strong suit.

+ Great paintjobs.
+ Very experimental tech tree with many oddly-looking vehicles.
+ Great wheeled vehicles.
+ You get the OTOMATIC, an AA platform with an autocannon normally used by ships.
- Early Italian tanks are slow and badly armored and their guns aren't that good to begin with.

+/- No Naval Forces yet.

+ Good cannons. Your machine guns are middling but they have a ton of ammo.
+ Primarily boom 'n' zoom thanks to the sizeable number of American planes in the tech tree. This also means you get great close air support.
+ The few energy fighters they have are very good.
- Your heavy fighters and bombers are nothing to write home about.
- Your cannon ammo tends to be extremely limited.

+ Overall, French tanks emphasize maneuverability over armor.
+ Early tanks: The B1 bis is terrifyingly tough, able to withstand almost all cannons. The two American options are solid tanks.
+ Tier III tanks: The best solid shot cannons in the game, capable of slicing through a Jumbo at range. Excellent maneuverability, too.
+ Late tier: Fast, fun, surprisingly bouncy armor, and great guns. The AMX-30 is a French Leopard packing HEAT, and the AMX-40 has the second-best APFSDS round in the game.
+ Autoloaders appear early, giving consistently fast reloads that don't rely on the loader to be alive.
- The early French tanks are so bad, two of them were actually removed from the game. Seriously, the SPAA has better pen than these. It doesn't get good until Tier III.
- Tier III: The oscillating turret design found on some tanks is rather unstable, making firing on the move or scoot-and-shoot tactics difficult.
- Late tier: The best tanks (e.g. Lorraine 40t) are absurdly expensive to repair.
- Autoloaders are great until the ready racks run out, leaving you stranded with long reload times. Avoid sustained fights!

Notable tanks: B1 bis, M4A4 (SA50), M4A3E2, Lorraine 40t, CA Lorraine, AMX-30 (1972), AMX-50 Surbaisse, AMX-40
Notable premiums: B1 ter, M4A1 (FL10), Lorraine 155-MLE.50, AMX-30.

+/- No Naval Forces yet.

+ A ton of variety thanks to their mixed lineup of captured/foreign planes (Soviet, American and Japanese ones mostly).
- Very few unique designs at the moment, mostly relegated to higher tiers. Unlike tanks, you do have some early unique plane designs (the CWs, for example).

+ A ton of variety thanks to their mixed lineup of captured/foreign tanks (mostly Soviet and American, with some early Japanese designs).
- Very few unique designs at the moment, mostly relegated to higher tiers with few exceptions.

+/- No Naval Forces yet.

+ The 30mm cannons are ADEN copies and clicks targets to death
+ Despite lacking performance and agility they are a joy to fly
+ Lansen's the most beautiful subsonic jet in the game
+ Use 13.2mm planes, great strong DAKKA
+ It's got a Mustang as the J26, so if you want to get a cheap effective talisman on something you know and love
+ 21 series planes are a delight and worth spading, great lawnmower, great dogfighter, immensely accurate guns and cannons
+ Consider the premium Pyörre is basically a DB605 109, sitting at T3 it's a great purchase and Axis teams have started losing for good reason, it's got mineshot
- J22s aren't very agile but they do have great guns
- 20mm jet cannons are missing a mine round so you need to roll a 20 to get anything useful out of them
- With these FMs the 21s 29s and 32s are support jets and cannot 1v1 anything not another Swedish jet
- J32 wingsnaps happen at after 800kmh so you need to be stupid careful, it's like the worst era of the Yak 3 when you could roll slightly and lose it in a straight line

+ Early tanks have 101 mm pen APDS with very fast reloads, which is fun.
+ Good selection of casemate TDs and medium tanks.
+ Generally powerful guns, such as 400mm pen HEAT-FS at 5.7.
+ High-tier vehicles are very strong with good guns, armor and mobility.
+ There are a good number of autoloaders scattered throughout the tree.
+ Several silly vehicles, like a go-kart with 2 rocket launchers strapped to it.
- The early APDS makes following tanks feel very lackluster.
- Lots of open-topped or poorly-armored vehicles, e.g. the Delat Torn (medium tank, 5.0) has a completely open turret back.
- Small tech tree means some lineups are very limited. (e.g. 2 only 5.7 vehicles)
- Tanks without autoloaders tend to have slower-than-average reloads.

+/- No Naval Forces yet.

(more info coming soon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dnqGZNO44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-eB1lw4hI

And remember:

also

and finally

https://i.imgur.com/U3SlPlY.mp4

jus thinkin bout this gif

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

On one hand, :dice: but Gaijin

On the other, the salt from the Stug seeing the killcam would have paid for a hundred legions

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
The Waffentrager is so painful to use. By the time I can get somewhere I can start sniping the match is already almost over and a plane has probably looked in my direction and killed me

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Waffentrager stopped me playing Germany for a good while. On paper it should be fine, but yeah, it just feels like a lot of driving slowly to get nowhere, and then you bounce off the side of a Tiger at 90 degrees.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Failed to pen an ASU85 and then a bomb flipped me over despite being on the other side of a building

Think I'm done playing for a while :thumbsup:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Waffentrager is super map dependent. I just mostly don’t bother with it.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Farecoal posted:

Failed to pen an ASU85 and then a bomb flipped me over despite being on the other side of a building

Think I'm done playing for a while :thumbsup:

This has happened to me a few times. It's incredibly frustrating. I think its some kind of physics bug as you take no damage from the blast but you magically flip like your tank is an inflatable.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

The Waffentrager's biggest advantage is that it's so small yet well-proportioned, tricking enemies into thinking it's nearer (or farther) than it actually is, so they accidentally miss their shots.

That's not much of an advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

How's War Thunder going right now? I quit playing a few years back because it seemed like the game was getting worse with every update and it was more frustrating than fun. How well has Gaijin followed through on their promises to fix the game earlier this year?

High tier still looks like it's more pain than fun but I could always stick to 9.0 and lower if they've started to correct course on the game becoming a chore to play.