Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
POS store lost my preorder data and now won't load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It keeps erroring out while trying to fetch my preorder

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I would've slept in later if I knew they weren't going to have the store up!

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Rolo posted:

It keeps erroring out while trying to fetch my preorder

This is where I'm at.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

It's found my preorder but won't let me actually go through to the final purchase point. Just mashing the 'Review Your Order' button.

Presume it's just the high demand right now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’ve tried just redoing my preorder between attempts to load my saved preorder and the trade in service is down.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Finally got both iPhones ordered, one through AT&T, one through the Apple Store in iOS. Both confirmed for launch day deliveries.

Surprisingly, the AT&T experience was much, much better than the iOS one. It's usually the other way around.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
Finally got in at 8:18 or so, my preorder was nowhere to be found. Shipping was already pushed back a few weeks (Natural 256 Pro Max) but in store pickup everywhere around me was 9/22 so I went that route. How annoying, had to log in at least 4 times.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Finally went through using my laptop in safari. App is still broken.

Oh well, pretty sure I’ll get it the 22nd.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Oh yay it started working at the same time for my wife and I so maybe they ironed the bugs out.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

Finally got both iPhones ordered, one through AT&T, one through the Apple Store in iOS. Both confirmed for launch day deliveries.

Surprisingly, the AT&T experience was much, much better than the iOS one. It's usually the other way around.

I’ve never had any issues with the ATT website in the past 5-6 years.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Ordered a white pro max and a titanium pro max for my wife and myself. Hers is white and gets here Friday. I got a titanium one and it gets here 3 weeks later. Guess I know what the popular color is.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Rolo posted:

Thanks for this tip. IPhone Safari worked.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Rolo posted:

Same. Used safari on my laptop finally.

Natural Titanium 256 ordered!

edit: looks like it went to trading in my iphone 11 Pro at apple. I'll be able to change that to AT&T right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My order went pretty smoothly.

Does Apple Store open early on launch days? My window is 8am on the 22nd but the mall doesn’t open until 10am.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Had to use the AT&T site to order as the Apple app completely poo poo the bed. 15 Pro Max 512 Blue Titanium ordered!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh drat Best Buy doesnt carry T-Mobile phones anymore? That’s a drat shame their trade in offers were usually better than Apple.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Worked on my laptop while my App Store app on my iPhone app crapped out. Got it financed on my Apple Card, ordered on the Apple Store. Not sure what to expect for carrier activation since they provided no details on it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Residency Evil posted:

Same. Used safari on my laptop finally.

Natural Titanium 256 ordered!

edit: looks like it went to trading in my iphone 11 Pro at apple. I'll be able to change that to AT&T right?

They seem to have integrated the trade in workflow on their store: “we’ll give you this much cash or providers will give you up to $1000 in bill credits,” such that I guess the same service is handling for everyone?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Finally got through for a 256 Natural Pro delivering on Friday. That took way too long.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Great shout everyone, tried on desktop and it worked first time. Delivering on 22nd 😊

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
October 3-5 for my 512 Pro Max (natural titanium) to Canada. Got in as early as I could - the app kept timing out, had to use the website.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
What a schmozzle. I can't believe the browser was the best bet all along, oh well.
Ended up with a 1330 window.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
The last time I used the Apple Store to preorder a phone, it was a pretty breezy affair. I spent 25 minutes having things error out before I was able to complete an order this time. It’s still supposedly arriving next Friday despite the time it took processing, so I wonder if Apple’s servers are just poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Almost Smart posted:

The last time I used the Apple Store to preorder a phone, it was a pretty breezy affair. I spent 25 minutes having things error out before I was able to complete an order this time. It’s still supposedly arriving next Friday despite the time it took processing, so I wonder if Apple’s servers are just poo poo.

It was also down for 15 minutes or so for almost everyone else, so there wasn't a giant rush ahead of you.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Aphrodite posted:

It was also down for 15 minutes or so for almost everyone else, so there wasn't a giant rush ahead of you.

My order is timestamped 5:01 PST. :colbert:

Granted I still feel weird about it considering it errored into a successful order, but whatever.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sounds like official Apple Store was a shitshow this year. T-Mobile's website was a breeze, surprisingly. I sat in a queue for ~2 minutes when I signed on, but after that it was smooth sailing -- responsive and no errors. I'll probably order a couple more phones this afternoon when family in other time zones get up.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Weird because the app has been butter in years passed.

Probably won’t be dealing with it next year. I’ve been on the upgrade plan for a few years but told myself I’d stop whenever I got one that would let me ditch lightning cables.

Gonna pay it off next year and keep it until the wheels fall off.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Rolo posted:

Weird because the app has been butter in years passed.

Probably won’t be dealing with it next year. I’ve been on the upgrade plan for a few years but told myself I’d stop whenever I got one that would let me ditch lightning cables.

Gonna pay it off next year and keep it until the wheels fall off.

Yeah me too probably. The yearly upgrades have been fairly boring, the last real exciting release was what, the iPhone X?

It's just how phones are now, we've seemingly hit a ceiling with innovation for the time being. Might as well ride it out

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Piquai Souban posted:

October 3-5 for my 512 Pro Max (natural titanium) to Canada. Got in as early as I could - the app kept timing out, had to use the website.

Figured out I can get it on September 22 if I pick it up in store so will cancel the first order when possible!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So tell me, goons that left the upgrade program, what’s the deal with the included Apple Care +? Does it end when I decide not to renew the plan next year?

I guess my plan is to go caseless until that expires, pay the phone off and then cover it with something.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
All set for launch day delivery... but I won't be here.

If anyone wants to come steal a phone off my porch just lmk

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

prom candy posted:

All set for launch day delivery... but I won't be here.

If anyone wants to come steal a phone off my porch just lmk

Ha. Same. I am more nervous about sending my old phone in after 8 days (of the 14 you get) than it being stollen.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Well now I’m sitting here wondering what the difference is between the cost of the upgrade program and buying the phone with 2 years of coverage outright. It’s like within a dollar of each other.

Is there any other reason other than trade-in value of the phone you bought in full maybe being more than 50% its original value?

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Snowmankilla posted:

Ha. Same. I am more nervous about sending my old phone in after 8 days (of the 14 you get) than it being stollen.

Last time I ordered a phone the delivery guy said the delivery address was unreachable despite this being a blatant fabrication and then it sat at their delivery center for pickup for a week thanks to my schedule.

I’m sure it will happen again this time but that’s still less of a pain than picking it up from the Apple Store.

Also when I mailed in my old phone they claimed the box was empty and did a 6 month long investigation where they reviewed fedex tapes or whatever and finally concluded that someone at fedex stole the phone after I dropped it off. Didn’t get my refund for like 8 months.

Nodelphi fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 15, 2023

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Going to preorder it today and pick it up at an xfinity mobile store because theres been issues with dudes stealing packages at the apartment complex. God I don't know if I want the pro now or wait to see with the pixel 8.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Rolo posted:

So tell me, goons that left the upgrade program, what’s the deal with the included Apple Care +? Does it end when I decide not to renew the plan next year?

I guess my plan is to go caseless until that expires, pay the phone off and then cover it with something.

It's good for the length of the loan, so 24 months. After that I think you can just pay Apple for yearly coverage or w/e

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I preordered on Apple, and then also preordered on AT&T Firstnet since I realized the Apple version doesn't come with a Firstnet e-sim. It's not letting me cancel my Apple order for some reason? Presumably I'll be able to cancel later today right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Had no trouble with the Apple Store app. Got a blue 256 gb Pro for pickup next Friday. (I'd prefer delivery, but we're heading out of town in the evening and I don't want to risk missing it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

There is plenty of launch day availability at London stores while delivery is backed up well into October.

I’d have liked a Pro Max but the regular 12 just about fits in the external pocket of my favourite jacket, so the Pro it is.