Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

It still takes full damage from sinking/rupture though.

unfortunately whittling it down that ways takes a long-rear end time unless you've built for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

unfortunately whittling it down that ways takes a long-rear end time unless you've built for it

Right, so far I've seen guides saying Sinking is the best status effect for RR2, and N Sinclair is the best damage dealer overall (not a surprise).

So you're looking at a basic team of N Sinclair, Faust of some sort although Meursault can do in a pinch, as can Chef Ryoshu with Eyes Open, Rodion.

I found G Greg in the support to be a life saver, and anyone who can clash well is good, the enemies aren't getting the inflated clashing that MDH2 does so 7 section Outis is fine to stuff some of the rougher basic attacks. R Ishmael does work, especially since Rodion can implant Wrath weakness.

If you have the sinking team, I would say you want to take the sinking buff 3 times, and another buff of your choosing twice. I don't think the sin type/damage type buffs are worth it but could be wrong. You only need to reach cycle 5 for the 200 turn banner, and 32 bosses total. 3+4+5+6+7+1(Terminus). I got the Terminus down in 7 turns and I'm pretty sure it can be quicker, although with how it is designed that might be difficult to plan out.

The big time wasters are boss 5 (which you have to fight 3 times) and boss 7 (fought once) since they only actually take real damage for a single turn and then you have to hurt something else (boss 5 starts in the no real damage form, boss 7 starts in the real damage form). Staggering either of them fully in the real damage taking form delays the swap.

Rabbit Heath can help, but some of the fights are too long for his ammo count (number 2 number 4 number 5 and number 7 were big offenders here, 5 less so and I can think of a really good reason to want r heath for 5 anyway). Tree Sang is less useful than expected, he doesn't gain tremor fast enough and his aoes don't always work right when he does, he applies sinking but not enough and lacks useful ego.

Speaking of, Charge identities get a benefit over self tremor, since there is a player buff to gain 1 charge each turn that can be stacked up to 3 times, but no way to increase self tremor gain.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 15, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It’s 3+4+6+7+8+1, total 29 battles. Par is 6.89 turns/fight, I’m just past fight 19 and have hit 101. I need to slow down to hit 183. :v:

I’d say it’s worth saving spicebrush s3 sinking explosion for the centipede, it makes the fight much faster if you spend two turns rhime shanking it and then blow up all that sinking on the body, and you might want to save another blue boom for endgame vs the tube robot thing.

Anyways charge is busted lmao

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 15, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

done

charge team good. averaged 5-6 turns per fight

now i just need the servers to be up so i can get any of the rewards besides the morbius fanclub cards

e: also the no resetting rng thing is kind of a lie, yes skill layouts will be the same but stuff like enemy targets won't be and it's sometimes necessary if you get a gently caress-you spread of the boss outspeeding you and focusing one Sinner(Centipede in particular loves doing this)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 15, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

It’s 3+4+6+7+8+1, total 29 battles. Par is 6.89 turns/fight, I’m just past fight 19 and have hit 101. I need to slow down to hit 183. :v:

I’d say it’s worth saving spicebrush s3 sinking explosion for the centipede, it makes the fight much faster if you spend two turns rhime shanking it and then blow up all that sinking on the body, and you might want to save another blue boom for endgame vs the tube robot thing.

Anyways charge is busted lmao

Ah, I thought it was one extra fight per loop but if 5 and 6 unlock at the same time that makes sense. Burn is awful, since you fight the doll 4 times.

I got 207 on a completely unoptimised run to be clear. But also that final loop is ROUGH, depending on what order you're taking the boss buffs on. I took the ego eating one last but probably should've gone for the health buff last instead.

Boss 8 is a fucker.

I messed up on the goon squad a whole bunch admittedly, and robot took me too long a couple of times, boss 5 also I had a rough time with.

Edit: A lot of people treat this centipede as the same as the normal centipede and say don't attack the guarding head. This is wrong, the guarding head uses the same charge shield mechanic as W Corp Ryoshu and Hong Lu. The more damage you do to the shield, the more self-charge you strip from it.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 15, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

in terms of enemy buff order I went healing -buff if no dmg - speed - ego - hp,

for player buffs i went charge - envy - charge - gloom - slash, sure is helpful that charge IDs tend to use the same Sins. admittedly though i was just kinda choosing whatever rather than having a solid strategy in mind player-buff-wise

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Right, so far I've seen guides saying Sinking is the best status effect for RR2, and N Sinclair is the best damage dealer overall (not a surprise).

So you're looking at a basic team of N Sinclair, Faust of some sort although Meursault can do in a pinch, as can Chef Ryoshu with Eyes Open, Rodion.

I found G Greg in the support to be a life saver, and anyone who can clash well is good, the enemies aren't getting the inflated clashing that MDH2 does so 7 section Outis is fine to stuff some of the rougher basic attacks. R Ishmael does work, especially since Rodion can implant Wrath weakness.

If you have the sinking team, I would say you want to take the sinking buff 3 times, and another buff of your choosing twice. I don't think the sin type/damage type buffs are worth it but could be wrong. You only need to reach cycle 5 for the 200 turn banner, and 32 bosses total. 3+4+5+6+7+1(Terminus). I got the Terminus down in 7 turns and I'm pretty sure it can be quicker, although with how it is designed that might be difficult to plan out.

The big time wasters are boss 5 (which you have to fight 3 times) and boss 7 (fought once) since they only actually take real damage for a single turn and then you have to hurt something else (boss 5 starts in the no real damage form, boss 7 starts in the real damage form). Staggering either of them fully in the real damage taking form delays the swap.

Rabbit Heath can help, but some of the fights are too long for his ammo count (number 2 number 4 number 5 and number 7 were big offenders here, 5 less so and I can think of a really good reason to want r heath for 5 anyway). Tree Sang is less useful than expected, he doesn't gain tremor fast enough and his aoes don't always work right when he does, he applies sinking but not enough and lacks useful ego.

Speaking of, Charge identities get a benefit over self tremor, since there is a player buff to gain 1 charge each turn that can be stacked up to 3 times, but no way to increase self tremor gain.

Boss 5 at least has a very high Stagger threshhold and is dead meat once you hit it, which you can usually do by the end of turn 4. It's a serious pain in the rear end and takes some retries to figure out a way to efficiently do it though.

The key to 7 is just spamming the hell out of AOE EGO when it's in it's something-else phase to finish it in one turn. It takes some fairly significant penalties from being immediately shut down like that and after that you can stagger it and use that window to get it's health low enough that it can't do that thing anymore.

Also Yi Sang has Sunshower which is all he needs really. Yes it's technically expensive but otoh it doesn't use Envy so it might as well be free(The charge teams' one flaw is that like every EGO needs Envy resources. And Gloom but all of them generate shittons of that.) He also clashes well outside of S1.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ehhhhhh, Sunshower is good, but I'm not sure it's good enough (even if yes, it doesn't use the same sins as most other people). But also I tend to over-use Outis Ebony Apple EGO so I have other things to spend sloth on.

Honestly Tree Sang in the backrow probably isn't bad, given he buffs aoe (all the EGO you're likely to use on a charge team). I just found myself benching him a lot on my no-prep run because he wasn't clashing good enough without EGO.

He is really good for the Goon Squad on stop 4 though.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
My weak spot has been lust tbh. I’ve got like 30+ of everything else but I can’t even float 20 of the orange stuff.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm very certain the places I can shave time are stop 2 (when it gets fixed) and stop 5 (now that I know the deal). Goon Squad too (I kept triggering their heals and that wastes turns).

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Edit: A lot of people treat this centipede as the same as the normal centipede and say don't attack the guarding head. This is wrong, the guarding head uses the same charge shield mechanic as W Corp Ryoshu and Hong Lu. The more damage you do to the shield, the more self-charge you strip from it.

...Wait, we're not supposed to attack the centipede's head in MD2H? Huh. I've been doing that constantly to just drain the shield and then going to town on it, since I usually have enough EGO resources by then to counter any attempts it can make to try and get more charge to prolong the fight.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Verant posted:

...Wait, we're not supposed to attack the centipede's head in MD2H? Huh. I've been doing that constantly to just drain the shield and then going to town on it, since I usually have enough EGO resources by then to counter any attempts it can make to try and get more charge to prolong the fight.

In MDH2 hitting the shielded head does nothing unless you beat through the entire shield (which is like, 600 shield HP turn one). Any damage done to the body sticks around so you hit the body to break it quickly for full fatal damage.

When it isn't shielded yeah, smash the head in, but the shield specifically works differently between MD2 and RR2 so on MD2 it isn't worth attacking the shielded head but on RR2 it's vital for quick killing.

Edit: A few of the returning RR2 abnromality fights are done like this, they use a variation (refraction) of their original gimmick that the player actually has to engage with instead of circumventing. The talisman doll for example is basically impossible to do if you don't know how to put talismans back on it. Fairy Gentleman's use of Tipsy is different in a really nasty way etc.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 15, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

The talisman doll for example is basically impossible to do if you don't know how to put talismans back on it.

…and this is how I learn that you can put talismans back on it.

I’m on my fourth cycle right now. There’s only one more doll fight to do, unless I need to fix my turn count for some reason. :negative:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

…and this is how I learn that you can put talismans back on it.

I’m on my fourth cycle right now. There’s only one more doll fight to do, unless I need to fix my turn count for some reason. :negative:

This is why I read everything on every boss.

On the turn he uses three blocks and gains 9 protection the block skills steal all talisman from their target. If he has 12 or more returned talismans he final skill/attack power down 5 (6 or more gives coin power down).

It makes the gloom attacks the turn after easy as poo poo to beat.

Reading really helps against the terminus boss too. Not so much the final boss of cycle 4 though.

Also you don't have to fight anything but Terminus once you get to cycle 5. As in if you've fought the talisman doll 4 times you won't have to fight him again

So as soon as you get the fifth enemy buff (by beating the final unlocked station and its special rippy boi then choosing to start again) go to the middle.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 15, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I just kind of won the clash like always…

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

My weak spot has been lust tbh. I’ve got like 30+ of everything else but I can’t even float 20 of the orange stuff.

At the end I was at like 60-70 of everything but Envy which was hovering around 30

Lord_Magmar posted:

In MDH2 hitting the shielded head does nothing unless you beat through the entire shield (which is like, 600 shield HP turn one). Any damage done to the body sticks around so you hit the body to break it quickly for full fatal damage.

When it isn't shielded yeah, smash the head in, but the shield specifically works differently between MD2 and RR2 so on MD2 it isn't worth attacking the shielded head but on RR2 it's vital for quick killing.

Edit: A few of the returning RR2 abnromality fights are done like this, they use a variation (refraction) of their original gimmick that the player actually has to engage with instead of circumventing. The talisman doll for example is basically impossible to do if you don't know how to put talismans back on it. Fairy Gentleman's use of Tipsy is different in a really nasty way etc.

yeah RR2 forces you to engage with the abno gimmicks a lot better, you CAN usually force your way through if you're stubborn but it's way more of a hassle

and of course some will punish you for not paying attention. except the gentleman who will punish you for paying too much attention.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 15, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lord_Magmar posted:

This is why I read everything on every boss.

You silly, everybody knows players can't read!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I haven't gotten that far-I'm not a number-pumper, I'm gonna take my time-but I am looking at the previews of the new Abno logs and I love that the first entry for Sign of Roses's log sums up to:

Hong Lu: This flower arrangement is terrible, and I don't get what the artist was going for. They should be glad they don't work for my family.
Heathcliff: The gently caress are you talking about? It's a goddamn monster!
Ryoshu: Disagree, it's rad-looking

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So it turns out the busted damage on Rime Shank wasn't the EGO, it was Rosepanner Rodion's passive cause attack type Up buffs were broken lol. Emergency maintenance soon or now (I saw the notice when I finished my MDH run).

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1702646090833809510

Do we know this association? I don't recognize it. It's a brand new one?

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021
It's new. Seems to be scholar monks, so probably an associating regarding scientific knowledge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This does confirm a theory, actually. People were speculating that the assocations equal numbers in various languages, and the languages match up with the sinners. For instance, Zwei is German for 2, Faust is german-themed, she's the 2nd sinner.

Dieci is ten in Italian, so that's Dante.

So you can speculate 8 is, uh, eight (English/Ishmael), 9 is Devyat (russian/rodion), and 12 is Dodeka (greek/outis)

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021
Devyat is known, it handles deliveries. The main crux would be eight, as I refuse to believe that it won't be in a new language. But that's just personal feelings.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Oh no Rodya has became catholic

microfolk fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 15, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

Devyat is known, it handles deliveries. The main crux would be eight, as I refuse to believe that it won't be in a new language. But that's just personal feelings.
it will be distinguished as american english by calling it 'aigh'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

coin-wise it's hard to tell due to chained hits, i think it's 1-2-4? looks cool as hell too

e: also hey a background character with eyes, they don't seem to be a sinner or anything. unless dieci sinclair just has the most flowing locks

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So it turns out the busted damage on Rime Shank wasn't the EGO, it was Rosepanner Rodion's passive cause attack type Up buffs were broken lol. Emergency maintenance soon or now (I saw the notice when I finished my MDH run).

that explains why she also bonked a boss for like 80x2 damage with her S1 once

all the glitch really did was save me 4-5 turns ultimately but still, rip

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 15, 2023

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Yinlock posted:

e: also hey a background character with eyes, they don't seem to be a sinner or anything. unless dieci sinclair just has the most flowing locks

I wouldn't exactly bet on it, but it might be Ishmael with straight hair and glasses.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe 8 could be in an Algonquian language? They're actual languages endemic to the Americas, unlike English, and the ship in Moby Dick is named after the Pequot.

You silly, everybody knows players can't read!

To be fair, it's rather hard to parse what it means.

"Spend 1 Self-charge for every amount of Shield HP lost equal to the Shield HP gained for every Self-charge."

It's not impossible or anything, but I think it takes a bit of effort to understand.

Shastahanshah fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 15, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Shastahanshah posted:

Maybe 8 could be in an Algonquian language? They're actual languages endemic to the Americas, unlike English, and the ship in Moby Dick is named after the Pequot.

To be fair, it's rather hard to parse what it means.

"Spend 1 Self-charge for every amount of Shield HP lost equal to the Shield HP gained for every Self-charge."

It's not impossible or anything, but I think it takes a bit of effort to understand.

Oh for sure translations can be wonky, it was more of a running joke about Project Moon players not reading a fight's mechanics and then complaining. Even our resident LPer has done it!

Anyways I tried out the first fight, going with the mechanic I finished it on 4 turns? Hopefully I can keep that track record since I'm probably only going for 5 cycles/200 turns if possible, not minmaxing. I'd wish there was a resistance sheet already so I don't have to try out the fight and discover "oh yeah, STNOWC resists Slash, W Ryoshu was a dead slot kinda".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

I wouldn't exactly bet on it, but it might be Ishmael with straight hair and glasses.
it definitely looks like ishmael to me. if you zoom in really far, the eyes look to be the same color

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh for sure translations can be wonky, it was more of a running joke about Project Moon players not reading a fight's mechanics and then complaining. Even our resident LPer has done it!

Anyways I tried out the first fight, going with the mechanic I finished it on 4 turns? Hopefully I can keep that track record since I'm probably only going for 5 cycles/200 turns if possible, not minmaxing. I'd wish there was a resistance sheet already so I don't have to try out the fight and discover "oh yeah, STNOWC resists Slash, W Ryoshu was a dead slot kinda".

if you aim for 5-6 turns a fight you should make it pretty handily. You can do some of the early-cycle ones in 4(boss 4 in particular can hilariously be beaten in 2 turns the first time if R Heathcliff opens with QS) but I wouldn't obsess over it or anything.

e: honestly a lot of them play out like Ruina fights where their health won't budge much for like 3-4 turns then turn 5-6 you hit their vulernable phase/stagger them and they just explode

e2: also yeah it's annoying how stingy Limbus is with showing resistances

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 15, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Endorph posted:

it definitely looks like ishmael to me. if you zoom in really far, the eyes look to be the same color

The character is blonde tho? Ishmael has ginger hair...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it looks like ginger to me, just with bright light shining directly on it. look at how the top of it looks in liu ish

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Endorph posted:

it looks like ginger to me, just with bright light shining directly on it. look at how the top of it looks in liu ish

But at that point, there is a difference between full blonde and the light causing you to be blonde? Also, aren't her eye black rather than light brown/olive?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
It's also heavily straightened. Not saying it's not an alternate Ishmael, but if it is they've gone a bit more alternate with her hairstyle than usual

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i honestly think the cg artist just felt like giving someone eyes and it's nobody important

i still think it's funny if sinclair has a long flowing mane in that timeline for no reason though

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Marluxia posted:

Oh man, hope the rest of that association is as kickass, definitely nabbing that ASAP.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Yinlock posted:

i honestly think the cg artist just felt like giving someone eyes and it's nobody important

i still think it's funny if sinclair has a long flowing mane in that timeline for no reason though

Obviously it's Don.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

re: steambot obs

quote:

This will not be like the incident with the chickens. There is no need for concern.
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
I thought Rosespanner Rodion was the most perfect form of Rodion, but I was wrong. ORAORA Rodion is the light, the truth and the way.