Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Augus posted:

they gave peach a sword you stupid motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

LM2 was indeed mid.

By definition, really

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No poo poo LM2 is mid, it's literally between LM1 and LM3.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Commander Keene posted:

I feel like that is increasingly becoming the MO of every fandom period.

I think it's pretty normal for the people with the most attachment to a thing to be the ones most vocally critical of it, because that's why they'd care that much in the first place.

Like, I'm not a Star Wars guy. I watched the originals and thought they were fun but I was never hooked by it. I've barely watched anything else Star Wars, I've never checked the wiki. You won't find me in star wars threads kicking up a stink about prequels or the latest TV show because... I don't really care. Andor's good? Cool, wasn't really planning on watching it. Andor's bad now? Cool, see previous. Hope it's good / gets better for the fans' sake, but personally it's all pretty meaningless to me.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
LM2 marked the death of the series. I hate the generic ghosts, make them look like they did in 1

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

LM1 FTW…even though I really enjoyed 3.

GameCube had probably the strongest lineup of day 1 games. Luigi’s Mansion and Pikmin and Rogue Squadron 2 mama mia.

Edit: OK Pikmin wasn’t a day 1 launch title.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 15, 2023

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Remaking LM2 is an odd choice, it's definitely the weakest of the three. I suppose they already remade LM1 not that long ago on 3DS, but then I think only about 4 people noticed that, so they probably could've gotten away with just doing another port of that instead

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One thing about thousand year door is the music is so good, but the music has been even better since Sticker Star with the instrumentation and arrangement. Especially Color splash and Origami King.

But this remake with the classic music but with the modern arrangements? God drat this might be the best music in the franchise.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raylax posted:

Remaking LM2 is an odd choice, it's definitely the weakest of the three. I suppose they already remade LM1 not that long ago on 3DS, but then I think only about 4 people noticed that, so they probably could've gotten away with just doing another port of that instead

Oh I was thinking 'didn't they just remake LM1' and forgot it was a 3DS last gasp lol

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I do not want to get into "what is a remake truly?" discussions but is LM2 getting a big redo in graphics and mechanics or is it just an upscaled port?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I'm content if Geno or Fawful or Goombella or whoever never show up in another game; but at the same time, I would rather have Geno or Fawful or Goombella in Mario Kart than Peachette, Pink Metal Peach, Cat Suit Peach, or another god drat baby

I understand character models take time and so forth and there's other elements in play, but get these fuckin' babies outta here we got too many babies, nobody likes playing the babies that much and half the babies don't make any sense anyway I am drowning in reskins and babies

Mario Kart 9 for the Switch 2 is going to reveal Baby Metal Mario and I am just, going to explode

The only babies I want in a Mario Kart are Watt and the TTYD Yoshi, and they should bring all their friends with them too

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I do not want to get into "what is a remake truly?" discussions but is LM2 getting a big redo in graphics and mechanics or is it just an upscaled port?

It looks like mainly an upscaled port, but I think they've replaced a few of the character models with the Luigi's Mansion three equivalent (but the environments are largely untouched)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully they fix the dogshit boss fights in LM2HD

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Hey, the first boss was great!

Then the second one was a mediocre Mario styled boss with an awful segment beforehand.

And then the 3rd one onward were all utter dogshit. Yeah, I'm really glad 3 took more cues from the first boss for its boss battles for the most part.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 15, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mega64 posted:

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Chronojam posted:

By definition, really

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Brevity is the soul of wit.

I'll show you brevity

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

:thejoke:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I couldn't tell if I hated LM2 because of the game, or because of the hour and a half battery life of the original 3DS and the controls feeling bad on there. But I only played maybe 2 worlds of it before selling it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Chilly Ride boss fight made me extremely angry

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Hrist posted:

I couldn't tell if I hated LM2 because of the game, or because of the hour and a half battery life of the original 3DS and the controls feeling bad on there. But I only played maybe 2 worlds of it before selling it.

The mission structure that meant hopping in and out of each mansion a few times for short bursts and seeing a lot of the same rooms every time was what dragged it down for me.

1's still my favourite for being essentially a resi clone structurally, but 3's a good compromise between the two, with each floor acting as an almost self-contained level

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kart Barfunkel posted:

So lemme get this straight. AFTER they make Luigi’s Mansion 3, they say they’re coming out with Luigi’s Mansion 2?

What’s next? Luigi’s Mansion ONE?

Luigi has fallen on hard times with the mushroom kingdoms ongoing recession thanks to the CORRUPT Princess Peach and her "Wonderful" flower addiction!

The next game will be titled Luigi's Trailer Park.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
3's a great game but I think 1's still my favorite as well. Especially after I got to try out the PAL Hidden Mansion. It's a really cool hard mode remixing the ghost waves and asking more out of you with its tougher enemy setups. And it actually manages to make Boolossus a fun fight! I definitely recommend trying that version of the game out.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Iirc 1 had the best "Maaaario??" voice clips when you press A

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like the ghosts of 2 and 3. Their designs are cute and distinct enough from one another that you can easily tell the difference in their behaviors. 2 is lacking in unique ghosts but I like the weird houses and puzzles.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'll show you brevity

:golfclap:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m sorry for getting a bug up my rear end about my opinion being called stupid. When you have anxiety and worry constantly over what people think of you, you end up really defensive.

I’m certain this will get more “SA is an awful place you should expect this” and posts about Waluigi and tears but it’s something I legitimately struggle with.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dont take posts seriously ever, it's genuinely that simple

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

God drat F-Zero 99 is fun.
While I almost never crash out, I've decided that whatever happens above rank 15 is none of my business.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I don't remember anything about LM2's story but my partner and I played the heck out of the Scarescraper mode for some reason so I'm stoked to see it come back and see if it still scratches the same itch for us. LM3's Scarescraper didn't, sadly.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

God drat F-Zero 99 is fun.
While I almost never crash out, I've decided that whatever happens above rank 15 is none of my business.

As a racing game, it fits with the battle royale concept better than any of the other Switch games like that. Hopefully it leads to F-Zero BX on the Switch 2 or something

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dont take posts seriously ever, it's genuinely that simple

this is good advice for real

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nodosaur posted:

I’m sorry for getting a bug up my rear end about my opinion being called stupid. When you have anxiety and worry constantly over what people think of you, you end up really defensive.

I’m certain this will get more “SA is an awful place you should expect this” and posts about Waluigi and tears but it’s something I legitimately struggle with.
SA isn’t such an awful place anymore but posters here do make hyperbolic comments that you shouldn’t take seriously.

For what it’s worth you seem cool to me.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Nodosaur posted:

Everyone in this thread is a loving idiot, don't give a second thought to anything said in here. I dont know who called you out but I guarantee what they said is absolutely not worth carrying with you, and everyone (including them) have forgotten the conversation anyway

Just keep posting about nintendo video games :)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Augus posted:

they gave peach a sword you stupid motherfucker

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Raylax posted:

The mission structure that meant hopping in and out of each mansion a few times for short bursts and seeing a lot of the same rooms every time was what dragged it down for me.

That's probably what it was. I can't remember a single thing about what I played of it, other than the opening cut scene stuff, and the rooms feeling super tedious to play through. And then feeling like I got nothing done. It was such a weird let down after liking the original.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Nodosaur posted:

Nintendo kids are v poorly socialized, don't let it get to you! Also those posters are just having fun and being silly usually they're not actually all mad mashing hatefully away at their keyboard (I think)

Your seem a-ok to me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m poorly socialized and all must beware of my mad mashing

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress what anyone thinks on these dumb dead forums, :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009