Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Horikoshi watched Infinity War and thought Iron Man busting out all the stops for a single drop of blood and was like "gently caress yeah dude that owns, actually."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

if I act like it starts on the 5th page, its a great chapter, absolutely what I wanted out of this

PUNCH THE SHINING BABY ALLMIGHT

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
wait are you telling me he's the loving baby

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Man really just wanted to draw that naked teenager.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

:hellyeah:

All Might owns. Stain owns. All for One actually is the goddamn shining baby?! Holy crap what a great chapter. Is this the best fight in MHA?

Thinking about it, there's no way he's the Shining Baby. He probably just stole its quirk because stealing the first quirk is exactly the kind of insanely narcissistic thing he'd do.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 15, 2023

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah i think it would be dumb if afo WAS the shining baby, but it would be extremely funny if he tracked down middle-aged shining baby later in life to steal their quirk for purely vanity purposes

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

the real yaoi ship was stain and all might the entire time

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really like that cutaway to a kid in another country that doesn't know that's All Might and doesn't really understand the situation, but is still inspired to cheer him on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If AFO is supposed to be the glowing baby, this just slightly below the wet fart of a reveal that was Compress. That aside, we have the heroic team-up of All Might and a serial killer fighting an evil baby on live television, so that's something.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

if I act like it starts on the 5th page, its a great chapter, absolutely what I wanted out of this

PUNCH THE SHINING BABY ALLMIGHT

Page 3 and 4 are fine.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

gently caress yeah Stain :woop:

Also uhhh did I actually call this one?? From back in March

DizzyBum posted:

All for One is the Luminescent Baby. We'll see him like this right before he rewinds to nothing.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 15, 2023

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Now look what you did. Hori heard you. :argh:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I loving called the ending of this chapter, and I'm STILL loving hyped

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Last chapter I thought there'd be no way Deku could be the number one hero.

And now we know the number two slot is also taken, hell yes Stain!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Deku? More like Dekwho

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Punch da baby all might

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I could have done without seeing naked Hagakure (though I guess this is the most we’ve seen of her true form in the manga so far, not sure why her quirk suddenly failed her though) but the All Might stuff was good

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Larryb posted:

I could have done without seeing naked Hagakure (though I guess this is the most we’ve seen of her true form in the manga so far, not sure why her quirk suddenly failed her though) but the All Might stuff was good

her actual quirk is manipulating light, she just has a normally invisible body because she’s a living prism, but also like other people mentioned Hoshikori horny.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hornykoshi

I thought from the start that Stain was gonna be part of Deku's fight, but it actually makes more sense this way, and I'm very glad. Good poo poo.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Manga quietly ends after this fight never panning back to Shiggy & Deku. Their fate is answered in a tweet 3 months later.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nonexistence posted:

Manga quietly ends after this fight never panning back to Shiggy & Deku. Their fate is answered in a tweet 3 months later.

It's just a picture of a chapel in full wedding regalia with explosions in the background

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Bakugou's grave seen in the chapel yard, unattended

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bakugo being dead for over a year and not influencing the story in the slightest is still hilarious.

Stain saving the day out of no where is super hype. We finally have the All Might Stain teamup.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Doc Fission posted:

Bakugou's grave seen in the chapel yard, unattended

Pretty sure Kirishima would at least keep it clean

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Farg posted:

yeah i think it would be dumb if afo WAS the shining baby, but it would be extremely funny if he tracked down middle-aged shining baby later in life to steal their quirk for purely vanity purposes

I don't think he's the shining baby, I do think though, the first power he took, was the shining baby's.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diabetic posted:

I don't think he's the shining baby, I do think though, the first power he took, was the shining baby's.

It's too good of a theory to disagree with. The perfect kind of petty.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Technically this means The Crawler is responsible for saving the world.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Farg posted:

wait are you telling me he's the loving baby

My name is All for One. I was an international racecar driver. One day, a baby carriage rolled onto the track so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the baby miraculously survived. I was that baby.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

My name is All for One. I was an international racecar driver. One day, a baby carriage rolled onto the track so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the baby miraculously survived. I was that baby.

Knowing AFO, he was also the carriage and the wall somehow.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It's dumber if he's literally the glowing baby, so i hope it's that

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

TheHan posted:

It's dumber if he's literally the glowing baby, so i hope it's that

I hope it's just AFO being so petty that he went out of his way to steal the first quirk

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What if it's that the shining baby's quirk is the source of all quirks, or maybe the source of quirks progressing, and AfO stole it because if the baby had died quirks would've disappeared or died out, so he took it and this is part of why he's obsessed with immortality?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

ChronoReverse posted:

I hope it's just AFO being so petty that he went out of his way to steal the first quirk

that would be the most all for one thing to do, but the mostest all for one thing to do is to have some goofy out of the blue poo poo happen.

Scholtz posted:

What if it's that the shining baby's quirk is the source of all quirks, or maybe the source of quirks progressing, and AfO stole it because if the baby had died quirks would've disappeared or died out, so he took it and this is part of why he's obsessed with immortality?

now we're cooking.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
That would suck

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I feel like there have been plenty of stories where we've seen that destroying the settings unique defining feature in the finale turns out to be a terrible idea.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nephthys posted:

I feel like there have been plenty of stories where we've seen that destroying the settings unique defining feature in the finale turns out to be a terrible idea.

Yeah that's why I put the "progression" caveat in because it'd address the Quirk Singularity subplot while not completely removing quirks from the universe.

So essentially it'd be more that GlowBaby's quirk makes quirks, in general, progressively stronger just by existing, and AfO in his lust for power wants quirks to continue getting stronger and stronger no matter the cost so he steals GlowBaby's quirk before he can die of natural causes or whatever.

Also I don't think quirks can ever be fully removed from the setting since so many people have quirks tied into their physical attributes.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
All for One is the glowing baby's dad and was secretly the first guy with a quirk

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AFO: "I chose Aoyama as the traitor because we both can't stop twinkling."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Scholtz posted:

It turns out that AfO was the coolest guy all along...he just wanted to preserve everyone's quirks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My hot take is that Hori nails individual character moments at a higher clip than most