Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bringing failson Sam Coe to the Deimos yard and he's like 'oh these are the guys that make warships so the UC can keep the colonies in line'. The UC ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I wish there were templates for how some of the manufacturers' ships are supposed to look. Stroud-Eckland works great for me, you can build ships with classic lines, but these Nova parts, if you were to use only Nova parts, suggest some sort of catamaran layout?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I'm going catamaran, with an offset bridge, for my soace freighter. Mostly HopeTech parts though because they have the epic 1x1 corridor pieces so I can try and control pathways through the ship

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

DaysBefore posted:

Let's be honest, you reveal the Vae Victis stuff to the UC public and they'd probably elect him President

I was big mad that I could tell the bartender who loves him that his hero is alive and well

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

based on what happens in the OG and even moreso based on aerosmith’s speech at the end of FF7R1 I really thought the 2nd one would go nuts with ‘freedom’ and be much more open in its design but the parts you can see in the trailer look like tunnels just like p1? except that one gliding part

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

DaysBefore posted:

I'm going catamaran, with an offset bridge, for my soace freighter. Mostly HopeTech parts though because they have the epic 1x1 corridor pieces so I can try and control pathways through the ship

lmao nova has companionways too and oof they do not work as well as you might think.

I assumed they would function as all-way connectors between whatever habs I had attached to them, but you have to make sure where you’re attaching the hab to the companionway is a valid spot in the hab to even have a door.

how do you do that? well you have to build the ship first and THEN go inside it to check. it will be wrong the first time, and likely many times after that. sometimes I’m certain I’ve got a valid placement and still a door won’t appear.

this is doubly confusing because if you place windows on habs it alters the portion of the hab to allow the window, but doors don’t follow this rule. for instance in the captain’s quarters hab, the ONLY places a door can go are on the “front” (not the end that usually has a chair and desk space) or directly to the “right” of that position looking through the hab. BUT if you place a porthole on the end where the chair and desk are, it removes the chair and places the window!

not being able to see inside your ship while you build it was a huge miss, and not just having specific hallways or doors as an option is just as bad.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Red Baron posted:

I was big mad that I could tell the bartender who loves him that his hero is alive and well

Yep. Even better would be to tell him that then say I personally recommended he be executed for real

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Red Baron posted:

lmao nova has companionways too and oof they do not work as well as you might think.

I assumed they would function as all-way connectors between whatever habs I had attached to them, but you have to make sure where you’re attaching the hab to the companionway is a valid spot in the hab to even have a door.

how do you do that? well you have to build the ship first and THEN go inside it to check. it will be wrong the first time, and likely many times after that. sometimes I’m certain I’ve got a valid placement and still a door won’t appear.

this is doubly confusing because if you place windows on habs it alters the portion of the hab to allow the window, but doors don’t follow this rule. for instance in the captain’s quarters hab, the ONLY places a door can go are on the “front” (not the end that usually has a chair and desk space) or directly to the “right” of that position looking through the hab. BUT if you place a porthole on the end where the chair and desk are, it removes the chair and places the window!

not being able to see inside your ship while you build it was a huge miss, and not just having specific hallways or doors as an option is just as bad.

Love the ship builder but there's some very fail choices like this. Having to climb through the kitchen, the armoury, and two random hallways to get to the landing bay when I specifically laid out a straight path smh

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Red Baron posted:

I like the idea of being able to link things with the little Nova flying bridge thing but it's a pain.

I totally agree that not being able to see the interior, or decide where hatches and ladders are sucks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16azmzp/all_ship_hab_interiors_and_unique_hab_locations/

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

DaysBefore posted:

Yep. Even better would be to tell him that then say I personally recommended he be executed for real

lmao that would be amazing

I also just realized I never went back to Space Guantanamo Basement to see if he had any final dialogue after I let his daughter out him to the council.

also why is everyone mad at me for choosing the amazing dinosaur things, those clearly rule AND we can eat them (in what I am assuming are giant Flintstones style rack of ribs)

AND YES I KEPT THE SPORES, WHY WOULD WE NOT DO THAT? half the life in this drat galaxy looks the same and it’s entirely likely that plant has colonized other worlds along with the other half of its ecosystem so DUH we need to study it.

gently caress you sarah and Barrett you loving morons, I’m keeping the drat dinosaurs.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Frosted Flake posted:

I like the idea of being able to link things with the little Nova flying bridge thing but it's a pain.

I totally agree that not being able to see the interior, or decide where hatches and ladders are sucks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/16azmzp/all_ship_hab_interiors_and_unique_hab_locations/

the wildest part of this all is that if you hover over attachment points and hit G to add a part it will let you attach habs to other habs but only in specific orientations, suggesting that it is trying to create a door between them, but if you happen to do this next to an existing companionway (or perhaps even if you place one AFTER doing this) the entrance seems to default to the companionway sometimes. it’s almost like the game isn’t deciding where the doors will actually be until you build the ship, and it hates making closed loops.

Schrödinger’s doors.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jazerus posted:

why is the new version so sterile sounding lol

doesn't have any of the little flourishes it's like a simplified version of the composition for 14 year olds to play in the school band

Weird, cause Yoko Shimomura's remade version of the Live A Live soundtrack was so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MKOlfXKmY

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

WHY DO ALL MY COURTIERS SUCK rear end GIVE ME ABOVE A 10 IN ONE loving STAT PLEASE

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

You have to start the eugenics breeding program to get good stats op

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

is Pick still around? can I put her on my council for that?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Red Baron posted:

gently caress you sarah and Barrett you loving morons, I’m keeping the drat dinosaurs.

i dont know why they think SPACE VIRUS is the solution. they're crazy.

honestly they dont need to do any of that poo poo anyway. they've been letting the heat leeches propagate everywhere, barely giving a poo poo, and even with this totally unfettered spread, terrormorph attacks are rare. if they just take their larva seriously and eradicate them through conventional means, the job will be done.

oh right, they cant do that because they refuse to make it public knowledge. loving dipshits.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 15:14 on Sep 15, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

If they just take their larva seriously and eradicate them through conventional means, the job will be done.
*gesturing wildly at covid-19 response between 2019-2021*

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
no no that's the SPACE VIRUS. im talking about mosquitos.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they should make a space game where the main plot point hinges on insanely powerful beings trying to force the universe into a big crunch while they hop over to a parallel universe to ride it out and then pop back in to get a couple billion year head start on universe 2

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Let's be honest, you reveal the Vae Victis stuff to the UC public and they'd probably elect him President

"He kept us safe."

Red Baron posted:

the wildest part of this all is that if you hover over attachment points and hit G to add a part it will let you attach habs to other habs but only in specific orientations, suggesting that it is trying to create a door between them, but if you happen to do this next to an existing companionway (or perhaps even if you place one AFTER doing this) the entrance seems to default to the companionway sometimes. it’s almost like the game isn’t deciding where the doors will actually be until you build the ship, and it hates making closed loops.

Schrödinger’s doors.

I'm having fun with the shipbuilder in general but yeah getting it to generate the doors where you want them is a huge pain in the rear end

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

i dont know why they think SPACE VIRUS is the solution. they're crazy.

honestly they dont need to do any of that poo poo anyway. they've been letting the heat leeches propagate everywhere, barely giving a poo poo, and even with this totally unfettered spread, terrormorph attacks are rare. if they just take their larva seriously and eradicate them through conventional means, the job will be done.

oh right, they cant do that because they refuse to make it public knowledge. loving dipshits.

I finally just got around to clearing everyone’s dialogue choices from doing all the faction quests and when you talk to Sarah about this she says “WHY DON’T YOU TRUST THE SCIENCE???”

like gently caress you sarah I do trust the science, the NATURAL ECOLOGICAL SCIENCE THAT DINOBIRDS EAT BAD ALIENS, sorry I don’t wanna let you whip up a “totally safe never gonna mutate no sir virus”

they really are the worst loving lib stereotypes Bethesda could make.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
I guess picking the dinosaurs makes me :biotruths:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Red Baron posted:

I guess picking the dinosaurs makes me :biotruths:

ur just a chud who hates science

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ff7 is the greatest game of all time and i'm excited to watch streams of r2 instead of playing it

the sexy dio dance in the trailer sold me hard

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

4 player trombone champ

Hatebag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-x0FylboHA&t=52s

holy poo poo, i am going to get this immediately

i am going to make my friends play this with me for up to 10 minutes

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

i say swears online posted:

ff7 is the greatest game of all time and i'm excited to watch streams of r2 instead of playing it

the sexy dio dance in the trailer sold me hard

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DaysBefore posted:

might as well introduce the chinese to soap

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

Bwuh. Rime?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

soap was first invented in Mesopotamia. is this a joke about chinese laundromats?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

smarxist posted:

i love FF7 with all my heart, i've played and beaten it like 6 times, i wrote an essay about it for the 20th anniversary

it sags pretty bad in the middle, the entire huge materia arc and everything associated with it is a whiff and then they're not even relevant to the story lmfao

all of that poo poo can get truncated down to the rocket attack on meteor pretty swiftly (because that part is actually great)

I agree and this is basically why CE is threatening to overtake it, but there is zero chance the game that made Midgar plodding and noticeably padded out isnt keeping that trend alive with the rest

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I agree and this is basically why CE is threatening to overtake it, but there is zero chance the game that made Midgar plodding and noticeably padded out isnt keeping that trend alive with the rest

that little cave between the snake and the fft minigame is going to be a 4 hour section

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you need mods to fix the UI anyway. might as well introduce the chinese to soap, because all space games are wild west games with all that implies

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I cannot get the layout of hatches and ladders to make sense. The bulkheads don't make sense from either a damage control perspective or getting around the ship, but require you to zig zag to go even one hab over. Very weird.

Red Baron posted:

I finally just got around to clearing everyone’s dialogue choices from doing all the faction quests and when you talk to Sarah about this she says “WHY DON’T YOU TRUST THE SCIENCE???”

like gently caress you sarah I do trust the science, the NATURAL ECOLOGICAL SCIENCE THAT DINOBIRDS EAT BAD ALIENS, sorry I don’t wanna let you whip up a “totally safe never gonna mutate no sir virus”

they really are the worst loving lib stereotypes Bethesda could make.

The trust the science poo poo with the microbe is so weird considering the world was ravaged by bioweapons 20 years ago. Why wouldn't you introduce cats to kill mice instead of designing a mouse genophage?

e: Usually I would raise a concern about invasive species but it's unclear how much terraforming or introduction of standard plants and animals even takes place. Half of the planets are populated by monsters, so I don't think introducing one more is a concern.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 16:31 on Sep 15, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I cannot get the layout of hatches and ladders to make sense. The bulkheads don't make sense from either a damage control perspective or getting around the ship, but require you to zig zag to go even one hab over. Very weird.

you can get hallway parts from some vendors, on larger ships it makes more sense to make blocks of habs with halways and then filling the gaps with components

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

you can get hallway parts from some vendors, on larger ships it makes more sense to make blocks of habs with halways and then filling the gaps with components

That makes a lot of sense, thank you. That would be for the 3x3 right?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Fallout 4 update: I rescued Nick Valentine! I had to re-do the boss fight with Skinny Malone once, but otherwise it went quite well and I feel like I'm really getting a hang of the combat

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
smh not doing a ton of grape mentats and telling darla to go back home.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DigitalEclipse/status/1702670424872747304?t=vtAd6K0zgSSELD9lxT3KJg&s=19

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i've read a bit about the original wizardry games and i can only assume they are gonna revamp the poo poo out of that because lol at some new person trying to play that in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

That makes a lot of sense, thank you. That would be for the 3x3 right?

design is up to you, but you could do like a hub and spoke type model, cockpits are always going to be front-mounted but some are classified as a bridge can be mounted on top (or underneath)