Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Next week I'm running a leadership planning meeting.

I edited out a bunch of complaining. Suffice to say I'm really nervous about getting dressed down in front of my entire staff by this new boss we've got, who seems to only know how to dress people down.

cruft fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Glad I have a few days off from work. Next week I have gently caress all to do.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

cruft

Like, the mall shift manger knows how to yell at people and I think a lot of folks expect management to just be yelling. But in my experience, people work a lot better when you're able to help them play on their strengths toward a goal shared by the team.

I dunno. I just need to get 15 more years in.

Escape From Noise

Aggro managers suck poo poo.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Next week I'm running a leadership planning meeting.

I edited out a bunch of complaining. Suffice to say I'm really nervous about getting dressed down in front of my entire staff by this new boss we've got, who seems to only know how to dress people down.

tell them to eat your rear end imo

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

It's gently caress a Job Friday.

for the new page

Farecoal

There he go

rear end-penny posted:

tell them to eat your rear end imo

Getting paid $2 more an hour at the rear end-eating factory compared to the dick-sucking factory

Ass-penny

boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
that's why I eat rear end on company time

cruft

Farecoal posted:

Getting paid $2 more an hour at the rear end-eating factory compared to the dick-sucking factory

Dukes Mayo Clinic

It's gently caress a Job Friday.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i worked with this tiny old man today. He was easy to talk woth and the conversation stayed pretty light. On the way out, he shook my hand and then went "oh! I should have warned you...I tested positive..."

"...for being short and sassy."

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Scuba Trooper

rear end-penny posted:

you are getting more money, and not just more responsibility right

oh yeah 10% bump. it comes at a great time because while my wife's getting extensions (turns out you can't teach overseas, outsourced jabronis how to do her job in eleven days), it's still uncertain

her job's also loving up severance pay too. people are getting like $60 checks

edit: i should clarify that i don't blame the outsourced crew for her getting laid off but it sounds like they're comically incompetent and unwilling to learn anything

cruft

Sarah Cenia posted:

i worked with this tiny old man today. He was easy to talk woth and the conversation stayed pretty light. On the way out, he shook my hand and then went "oh! I should have warned you...I tested positive..."

I hope I can be this cool when I get older.

Scuba Trooper

Sarah Cenia posted:

what a stinker!!!!

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
I don't know where this company keeps buying their headsets. I've had 3 of them break on me in the last month.

I am a patient they.

Ass-penny

gently caress a job Monday

Escape From Noise

Going to drop by work tomorrow. To print my resume! :evilbuddy:

Escape From Noise

It seems like the interview went well and there's maybe an offer on the table, but I'm not sure. Also it'd be a step down in title (which is fine) and probably less pay. I don't know what the deal is totally. I'm kind of not very sold on the work schedule which seems like it may be shifts. I loving hate shift scheduling. Also they do double batch brew days every time they brew because they have a 150 liter electric brewhouse and a few 300 liter tanks. But I don't think that changes without a change happening to the head brewer's schedule and I don't want to step on toes. I don't know.

I also got a text asking if I was interested in a job at a new brewery. The problem is they're being really vague about everything so I get the impression that they don't have anything set and they're probably a year or two away from opening if it ever moves forward. Feels like more than likely that they're one of those places that's going to say they want to open a 300 liter brewery with like 4 FVs and they want to focus on lagers.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 19, 2023

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hot tip if you wanna keep your job: it's poor form to whine to me that you don't have enough meetings, then cancel 3/4ths of the meetings booked because they're "too far" when they're in the established zones you're traveling to and within ten minutes of each other, and then tell me again you don't have enough meetings.

AaaaaAAAAAAA.

Farecoal

There he go

Randy Travesty posted:

whine to me that you don't have enough meetings

What the gently caress??

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

What the gently caress??

It's an outside sales job, meetings are the entire job.

Scuba Trooper

work is dragging rear end about my updated offer letter and it's gone from annoying to genuinely worrisome

especially because i'm supposed to train someone today who i'm supervising, but technically i'm not actually promoted yet (even though it was supposed to go into effect the 16th)

awkward grimace emoji

edit: finally got this poo poo sorted omg

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 19, 2023

Farecoal

There he go

Randy Travesty posted:

sales job, meetings are the entire job.

:stonk:

Escape From Noise

I have a meeting on Sunday with someone who I thought had a brewery or brewery adjacent job offer for me. Turns out it's just for some AI brewery consultant bullshit. Gonna have to figure out how to politely decline now.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
does anyone, like, wake up and NOT want to quit their job on the spot?

what is it like to not hate your job?

cruft

It's okay. You go to work, put in your hours, and most days stop working at 17:00 feeling like you accomplished some things. Sometimes you don't get that feeling, and for me, those days are pretty rough. Then you get up the next day and do it again and hope you can turn the feeling around.

For years my philosophy has been that if they want to pay me to sit in this dumbass irrelevant meeting, I'll do it. But I don't think some of you are paid enough to suffer the bullshit you write about.

On the other hand, I'm not so naïve to think that there are loads of good paying middle class jobs, that would let you buy a car, a house, and support a family of four, floating around this economy. I'm sad that everything's so messed up, economically, compared to what my father got to experience.

When I was younger I had a job in the mall making coffee. Customers would make me have to go into the back to cry pretty regularly.

cruft fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 20, 2023

Escape From Noise

I hate my job and I want to die

Ass-penny

I hate my job and I want to die

:same:

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
I have to give a presentation tomorrow and it's loving up my brain. I don't get nervous about public speaking, and I know the subject matter so thoroughly that I know I can just riff off whatever's on the current slide and be fine. It's not giving the presentation that's getting to me it's everything surrounding it.
It's a day long seminar in another city. I have to be at the office at 6am so we can drive the company car and get there by 8am. My presentation is at 9:30, which means I'll be done with the poo poo I care about by 10:30 and have to spend the rest of the day listening to other people speak about subjects barely tangentially related to my job. And it's a networking opportunity so I have to make myself talk to the people around me at lunch and between lectures and jesus just kill me now.
It's all of my least favorite things about this job (travel, networking, wearing "professional attire", pretending I give a poo poo about this awful industry) crammed together in one day. My kid had a stomach bug yesterday and I honestly caught myself thinking that it would be nice if I caught it and had to skip the whole thing just to stay home and puke all day.
My brain is so caught up with how much tomorrow is going to suck that I can't bring myself to accomplish the most basic work stuff. It's ridiculous and it's actively making my job more stressful but I can't seem to break through it. My brain is an rear end in a top hat and I'm just so sick of its bullshit.

gently caress a job and thanks for tolerating my whining.

Escape From Noise

Welp that's the end of another Work Sucks Wednesday!

Escape From Noise

I don't wanna go to work

Ass-penny

poo poo, only a day and a half until the two sevenths of my week my time is truly my own. my boss reminded me today that there's a sign up sheet by the time clock, to go to a haunted house on Saturday. lmfao a he forgot I was one of the four people he told yesterday because I guess I don't make any impression on this dude, and b it's one of the vanishingly slim number of hours I don't have to answer to him or the other managers, so suck my loving rear end if you think I'm going on Saturday you dumb bitch

cruft

There are some days that this job really grinds me down.

Ass-penny

monday thru friday?

cruft

The dentist told me that my toothache was due to stress. I don't need a root canal, I just need to stop clenching my teeth.

Today I gave my teams 90 minutes each to finalize their documentation. One team loudly goofed off for 83 minutes; when I asked if they were close to finishing, they informed me that I had said they didn't have to.

I don't lose my poo poo. But if I did, I would have done it then.

Scuba Trooper

I don't wanna go to work

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
there have been a few people who don't know how to phrase it, so they ask where buried people are "planted" and it's so endearing

Scuba Trooper

cruft posted:

The dentist told me that my toothache was due to stress. I don't need a root canal, I just need to stop clenching my teeth.

i grind my teeth so bad that i literally cracked one and had to have it pulled, so consider a mouthguard at night

Ass-penny

you can get a pacifier and tell everyone you're rolling like a motherfucker.

or just get a pack of gum :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Scuba Trooper posted:

i grind my teeth so bad that i literally cracked one and had to have it pulled, so consider a mouthguard at night

Dentist checked for that and said there wasn't any evidence of grinding: I'm clenching. And I'm pretty sure I'm doing it during the day, because I've been catching myself doing that when I'm tense.

We'll see. Kinda nice to have the early warning sign of a big ol' headache. And I know exactly what stressed me out this time: it was the meeting this week.