Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

These tweaks allow for 9999 cargo links:

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/447

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

why are you picking that poo poo up though

Also, if you are leveling the barter skill you need to sell like 75, 100 and 150 unique items. So you need the junk to hit those thresholds

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Also, if you are leveling the barter skill you need to sell like 75, 100 and 150 unique items. So you need the junk to hit those thresholds

You gotta what now

For a discount/upcharge? Lmao gently caress that

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

widespread posted:

You gotta what now

For a discount/upcharge? Lmao gently caress that

No, just to be able to get access to the next perk. So you get lvl 1 of the perk, then in order for lvl2 to unlock, you need to sell 25 unique items, then it becomes available to unlock, and so on. You get the full benefits of that lvl of perk as soon as you unlock it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

toadee posted:

Just lmao if you aren't giving whatever companion you're with the most powerful Bridger you have and a single 40mm xpl round

that's right Sarah, this single bullet is not intended for the enemy

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Velocity Raptor posted:

No, just to be able to get access to the next perk. So you get lvl 1 of the perk, then in order for lvl2 to unlock, you need to sell 25 unique items, then it becomes available to unlock, and so on. You get the full benefits of that lvl of perk as soon as you unlock it.

Yeah but that's the thing: it's only like 5/10/15/20% discount and 10/15/20/25% selling price. Plus it still costs a Skill Point for each rank, which... might not have much use elsewhere I will admit.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

One inch punch on a grenade launcher sure is something.

The balance doesn't make sense to me.
Bridger: slow firing, 6 magazine, tops out at less damage than the
Negotiator: fast firing, 9 magazine, does like 666 with regular explosives

Sniper rifles is even worse:
A properly geared out .50 cal cowboy rifle does like 600, 5 in the magazine.
Magsniper? 1200 and you can charge it to do more. 12 in the magazine.

I get that they want 'tiers' of guns but the Mag* and "future military" (Negotiator, microgun) brands are like 2x as strong as anything else.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 15, 2023

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

still nothing more satisfying than hornet nest double barrel shotgun

it's the loving doom double barrel except it makes everything explode

I'll give the nod to the mag series of weapons though, incredible designs and feel great to use

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
yeah but the micro guns and particle guns look like doggy poo poo

Sumerian Telecom
Aug 27, 2022

theres a zoo in the cowboy hat town and my parents are here

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

victrix posted:

I'll give the nod to the mag series of weapons though, incredible designs and feel great to use

I liked how the particle pistol uses the e-ink displays for the ammo counter that the slates all use.

I haven't got a mag sniper yet but nothing tops the Mass Effect sniper rifles "CHOOM" sound.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

Okay but hear me out. Hornet's Nest Extended Mag Double Barrel.

Sumerian Telecom posted:

theres a zoo in the cowboy hat town and my parents are here

While it's only 10 credits, you can just hop over a fence to visit the animals

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
does the hornet's nest work in zero g?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Velocity Raptor posted:

Does the xp curve rise way too early so I basically spend twelve hours unlocking the next level of space baking

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

widespread posted:

Okay but hear me out. Hornet's Nest Extended Mag Double Barrel.

I have that with Skip Shot so it's 5 shells per reload. And yes it's ridiculous.

I have a love hate relationship with Hornet Nest and MIRV mods from fallout.
They are worthless outside of a specific range unless you are direct hitting.
If they had a proximity fuse so you could reliably airburst them they'd be far better.

Sumerian Telecom
Aug 27, 2022

skooma512 posted:

I liked how the particle pistol uses the e-ink displays for the ammo counter that the slates all use.

The industrial design in this game is super good. Bethesda has hired the best artists off Artstation.
If only there were a Textstation.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

DarkDobe posted:

One inch punch on a grenade launcher sure is something.

The balance doesn't make sense to me.
Bridger: slow firing, 6 magazine, tops out at less damage than the
Negotiator: fast firing, 9 magazine, does like 666 with regular explosives

Sniper rifles is even worse:
A properly geared out .50 cal cowboy rifle does like 600, 5 in the magazine.
Magsniper? 1200 and you can charge it to do more. 12 in the magazine.

I get that they want 'tiers' of guns but the Mag* and "future military" (Negotiator, microgun) brands are like 2x as strong as anything else.

You start seeing the next tier up of the crap guns before you see the next tier (or any) of the better guns. So you'll be seeing Advanced Maelstroms around the same level as regular AA-11s iirc.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

toadee posted:

Just lmao if you aren't giving whatever companion you're with the most powerful Bridger you have and a single 40mm xpl round

I did that, and it was honestly too much. Although it was funny when I noticed Barrett was lost in a dungeon again and started hearing constant explosions in the distance.

Sumerian Telecom
Aug 27, 2022

do you guys like sleep in beds when it gets dark or just neverending jog to next quest marker, sleet or rain?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a module that combines the tables from the workshop and the science lab? I just got the Star Eagle and trying to mod it a bit for my liking, but it just gets bulkier. I like the cockpit otherwise but it's harder to see outside.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Jesus Christ, Andreja is sure dramatic. Looting dead bodies, I get moral support, but making a dumb medical Aurora joke at the Neon spaceport, oh no, she disliked that. :catstare:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Quick question: if I commander a ship, what happens to the frontier and all my stuff on it? Will it magically become accessible through menus or will it despawn or float out here in orbit forever?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Quick question: if I commander a ship, what happens to the frontier and all my stuff on it? Will it magically become accessible through menus or will it despawn or float out here in orbit forever?

its in a menu when you go to the ship tech people

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The Oldest Man posted:

You start seeing the next tier up of the crap guns before you see the next tier (or any) of the better guns. So you'll be seeing Advanced Maelstroms around the same level as regular AA-11s iirc.

I think advanced is the fourth tier, calibrated->refined->advanced (might be refined->calibrated->advanced but I don't think so).

Also you can just go to L75 planets and you'll see high-end guns while low-level planets will still give terrible drops. Player level does seem to have some effect, but it's not just simple scaling.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

AndrewP posted:

All your stuff goes into the new ship, which sometimes overloads it. You can switch ships at a landing pad talking to the guy who lets you buy and sell ships. But you’ll need to register the one you steal, I think, which costs most of the sell price.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Private Speech posted:

I think advanced is the fourth tier, calibrated->refined->advanced (might be refined->calibrated->advanced but I don't think so).

Also you can just go to L75 planets and you'll see high-end guns while low-level planets will still give terrible drops. Player level does seem to have some effect, but it's not just simple scaling.

Advanced is the highest tier for guns

Advanced is the 3rd tier for armor - highest tier for armor is Superior
Generally the best sets of armor are Bounty Hunter and Explorer's League stuff.

Your best source of drops are going to be high level enemies, and the most reliable way to get those is to take the Wanted perk and board the Bounty Hunter ships that come after you. The Ecliptic tend to have good guns and armor. Of course this is a chore, so going to a high level system and just clearing rng POIs will work too, but you'll mostly be fighting Spacers.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Earwicker posted:

its in a menu when you go to the ship tech people

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

All your stuff goes into the new ship, which sometimes overloads it. You can switch ships at a landing pad talking to the guy who lets you buy and sell ships. But you’ll need to register the one you steal, I think, which costs most of the sell price.

Got it. Thanks! And thanks for the ship, Malai Liskova.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sumerian Telecom posted:

do you guys like sleep in beds when it gets dark or just neverending jog to next quest marker, sleet or rain?

All the space-traveling has made me lose my sense of time, but I always try to take a nap before I take off again. If it's light out I take off and land on the other side of the planet because my ship has no curtains.

That is if Sarah doesn't keep stealing my bed in my quarters.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gadzuko posted:

There's another infinite chest right in the workbench room, I use that one instead since it's easy to just pick up everything from it and walk 2 feet to whichever bench

My workbench is in my ship, I only go to the lodge when the story forces me and that’s grudgingly.

Habs weigh basically nothing all your ship weight comes from cargo bays, fuel, reactor and grav drive.

So what I did is create a central hab stack where I do all my work that has easy access to docking and the exit then two forward jutting arms on either side that contains stuff like crew quarters etc. These are areas where only NPCs roam.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Khanstant posted:

I remember people lampooning Deus Ex 2 for its universal ammo but honestly ammo management adds nothing to the majority of games with it.
I think there's a middle ground. Outer Worlds absolutely suffered for it's "light ammo" and "heavy ammo" or whatever it was. I think the main issue is just not really knowing or remembering what kind of ammo goes with which gun. Like if there were a way to mark the specific type of ammo my current gun uses with an icon then I'd be fine.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Volte posted:

I think there's a middle ground. Outer Worlds absolutely suffered for it's "light ammo" and "heavy ammo" or whatever it was. I think the main issue is just not really knowing or remembering what kind of ammo goes with which gun. Like if there were a way to mark the specific type of ammo my current gun uses with an icon then I'd be fine.

I'll repost my thought that ammo should either be unlimited or a set 'kit' amount that you load up each time you set out from your ship - perks/gear/etc contribute to how much you can carry on any given run, and ammo boxes restore some % of that in the field.

If I knew fuckall about modding that's probably something I'd try to create when the CK drops.

The current system is infinite ammo with dumb extra steps.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I like the fancy ammo types.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

victrix posted:

I'll repost my thought that ammo should either be unlimited or a set 'kit' amount that you load up each time you set out from your ship - perks/gear/etc contribute to how much you can carry on any given run, and ammo boxes restore some % of that in the field.

If I knew fuckall about modding that's probably something I'd try to create when the CK drops.

The current system is infinite ammo with dumb extra steps.
I'd be fine with that. I do like being a bit ammo-limited because I have a few guns I use depending on which one has enough ammo for the task at hand. If it were unlimited or effectively unlimited I'd probably never use anything other than my "chosen" gun. I also don't stock up on ammo at the store constantly but I guess I should from the sounds of things. I prefer to scavenge my ammo in general and just stock up when I happen to be in town for whatever reason.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I played this for around 14 hours, got my first 3 space not-mass-effect-biotic powers , and so far I am finding it boring as gently caress.
I've heard people call this "the most bethesda of bethesda games", but I hard-disagree . There's no hook to draw you in.

The number one killer for me is how incredibly safe and bland the gear and progression is . So many of the perks are just 10%/20%/30% extra dmg with whatever the gently caress. Small incremental upgrades. I don't see anything "build- defining" anywhere in that entire tree unless there is some secret extra talent tree that gets unlocked later.
The guns are just..... modern FPS guns. This is a sci fi game, and 99% of the poo poo I find is just "generic hitscan assault rifle" ,"generic hitscan pistol", "generic hitscan shotgun". I have exactly two laser guns in my inventory and they're actually slower than my bullets . How the gently caress does that work?

I decided to spoil this part of the game for myself and looked up on youtube a list of all the guns to see if there's anything to look forward to and NOPE. The game's futuristic weapons are still the same reskinned generic hitscan AR/shotgun/pistol/SMG/sniper you find in every loving game, but they have colorful muzzle flashes. The melee weapons are laughable, and there isn't a single unarmed weapon? No futuristic power fist?

For bonus points, the space guns seem similar but I can't 100% confirm. There's no space minigun, or laser beams, no big AOE bombs?

Not gonna lie, this is sitting waay below Mass Effect Andromeda for me in terms of "fun you can have in an action RPG" .

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lmao posted:

it seems to be related to the number if items in your inventory. I was initially getting 1% low fps dips down to 10-15fps when switching weapons. Then I offloaded all my resources, notes, ammo and a bunch of aid/food items, then it would only dip to around 70-80 fps. Added back my notes and it would dip to around 60's, added back my ammo and would dip to around 40's so that means it's not related to mass but just amount of different items in inventory. So i settled on 4 or 5 weapons i wanted to keep and stored the rest, I only kept the specific ammo for those weapons (the amount of each ammo didn't matter, i tested with 1 of each ammo vs 100+ of each ammo and it lagged the same), then i stored all my notes and resources on my ship. I offloaded some aid/food items to Vasco and got rid of all the 2-5 health food items. Now it's so much better switching weapons.

lol posted:

All true. I have found that some weapons are more affected than others, but they all end up affected when you hoard enough. It really might be something as dumb as ordering. If your weapon is loaded "earlier" it might hang for a shorter duration... but I think you'll still measure some increased load that goes on for another second or few after your gun is up.
If you pick a gun that falls low in the order list, it'll hang until it "gets to" that gun. Because probably it's all pipelined or serialized, and the game can't proceed until your weapon selection is considered complete

:lmao:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

BULBASAUR posted:

yeah but the micro guns and particle guns look like doggy poo poo

Just say poo poo and not whatever this is.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Jesus Christ, Andreja is sure dramatic. Looting dead bodies, I get moral support, but making a dumb medical Aurora joke at the Neon spaceport, oh no, she disliked that. :catstare:

There was a quest I hated the resolution of so to gently caress around I made a quick save and killed this evil CEO, I'm pretty sure Andreja was only witness but she was the worst witness, immediately started shooting me and alerted all the guards and poo poo. I expected the guards to aggro, but at that point I didn't know companions could betray you.

Oddly I did this same thing a couple other times and got a dialogue before they bailed that had a pursuade option to get them to stay but just sulk for a bit, judging your murder. Always reloaded shortly after so idk how long they stay mad.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

TeaJay posted:

Is there a module that combines the tables from the workshop and the science lab? I just got the Star Eagle and trying to mod it a bit for my liking, but it just gets bulkier. I like the cockpit otherwise but it's harder to see outside.

Deimos workshop has a research station, but there isn't a workshop module that has the pharma workbench included.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sumerian Telecom posted:

I tend to grab a nap any time I've done a quest or it starts to feel like I'm in the wrong time of day. Usually I like to sleep on my ship, in orbit in patrolled space, feels like a great mix of isolated but protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

skooma512 posted:

When you change your ship or capture someone else's all the random props get dumped in your cargo hold.

This. I just get more junk all the time, delivered straight to my cargo hold. I wish I could get resources delivered too.