Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

Oh wow crazy, the Rock has a series of movies that receive pretty strong backlash and discontent from the fanbases and all of a sudden he has time for wrestling again, huh?

How about that

Don’t forget he executive produced a bunch of the flops and burned a bunch of bridges with WBD execs (the ones that are still left)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sigma posted:

Don’t forget he executive produced a bunch of the flops and burned a bunch of bridges with WBD execs (the ones that are still left)

And had to crawl on his hands and knees to Vin

The brightest side is I saw absolutely all of it coming, and somehow the funniest part of it is still Cody getting screwed over again :rubby: What a tremendous year (since Oct 21 2022 on) it's been

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Rock loves lying. Cody Rhodes taught him how fun lying is.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

And had to crawl on his hands and knees to Vin

The brightest side is I saw absolutely all of it coming, and somehow the funniest part of it is still Cody getting screwed over again :rubby: What a tremendous year (since Oct 21 2022 on) it's been

And Vin took him back because he's the bigger man and it's all about family. Love to see it.

But what a turn around from big leaguing Vin when he asked him to come back for the last one.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1702756516497854796?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

idk if Cody signed a 3 year contract but if he did he's going to hit the end of his contract without winning the championship that they definitely promised he would win lmao

maybe they'll give him the ole "we'll make you champ if you re-sign another contract".

folks, the marks are in the ring.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Just remembered they made up a new “we’re not gonna take the belt off Roman” consolation world title but they didn’t give that to Cody either lol

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They'll just run Cody vs Seth again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If Seth retains it’ll be even funnier

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

rotinaj posted:

Oh wow crazy, the Rock has a series of movies that receive pretty strong backlash and discontent from the fanbases and all of a sudden he has time for wrestling again, huh?

How about that

Don't worry, his live-action Moana remake is gonna take off and he is suddenly going to be very busy again. The guy they slot in for him? His name is Not Cody!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pylons posted:

Humiliation for loser Cody.

There's no timeline where that isn't the case

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I live in Philly now and while I won’t be attending, maybe I’ll go sell rubber chickens in the parking lot.

Probably not a bad way to make a couple hundred bucks.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Don't worry, his live-action Moana remake is gonna take off and he is suddenly going to be very busy again. The guy they slot in for him? His name is Not Cody!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I live in Philly now and while I won’t be attending, maybe I’ll go sell rubber chickens in the parking lot.

Probably not a bad way to make a couple hundred bucks.

Rocky Horror Nightmare Show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Have they canned any UFC office people yet?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I just watched/listened to that whole thing again despite having seen it a few dozen times because I love it a whole loving lot; many of those times I've seen it with my sons who love it just as much, possibly because they sense how much I love it. I am still incredibly wary of the live-action remake because I don't trust The Rock to bring that kind of fun and energy again and if he fucks it up it will probably make my sons at least a little sad...

But I still want him to do it if it means Cody gets suckered again.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I haven't watched any WWE/NXT stuff in like 6-7 years. Is there anyone there likely to get cut that would fit in at AEW, ROH, or NJPW? Like former indie people or anything?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Lucifunk posted:

I haven't watched any WWE/NXT stuff in like 6-7 years. Is there anyone there likely to get cut that would fit in at AEW, ROH, or NJPW? Like former indie people or anything?

All Sack Drew Gulak

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

All Sack Drew Gulak

Sounds like TK needs to get on the phone with Kojima and make sure he's free 1st.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lucifunk posted:

Probably Cameron Grimes, he finally figured out character work and WWE proceeded to not do anything with him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lucifunk posted:

I'm sad Roxanne Perez went to NXT instead of AEW so maybe her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hoping for Shorty G personally

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

While I wouldn’t wish unemployment on anyone, I’d like to see British Strong Style reunited in AEW.

Also Grizzled Young Vets hooking up with Pac to form an Angry British Hammer Boys trio.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
News from inside the purge: A Goon exclusive

4 out of 73 people in the marketing department were let go. My sister was not one of them. Some other departments were completely wiped out but I do not know which ones. Virtually all of the VPs at the Towers (TKO Towers now?) were sent packing.

Assuming most of you know basic arithmetic, please don’t make the obvious joke. People lost their jobs today. The Internet makes us stupid but not THAT stupid.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wrestlemania 40 - the rock defeats roman reigns
wrestlemania 41 - roman needs to get his win back
wrestlemania 42 - roman vs the rock rubber match

finally in 2027 cody can finish the story

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Island Nation posted:

4 out of 73 people in the marketing department were let go. My sister was not one of them. Some other departments were completely wiped out but I do not know which ones. Virtually all of the VPs at the Towers (TKO Towers now?) were sent packing.

Assuming most of you know basic arithmetic, please don’t make the obvious joke. People lost their jobs today. The Internet makes us stupid but not THAT stupid.

Are you saying they delivered the news using the Steiner Math promo?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nice

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
did they let his brother ezekiel go too?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

See, normally if you merge with another company, you got a 50/50 chance of retention. But I'm Endeavour and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at staying onboard. And you add WWE to the mix, your chances of employment DRASTIC go down!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cody getting released during budget cuts is not going to happen but man the comedy value if it did

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Island Nation posted:

:69snypa:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I must be more PSP-brained than internet-brained because this was what I thought they meant at first too.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

cody getting released during budget cuts is not going to happen but man the comedy value if it did

i want this just because it would be funny for him to have new things to lie about

Answers Me posted:

I must be more PSP-brained than internet-brained because this was what I thought they meant at first too.

i think im just bad at math

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Island Nation posted:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Island Nation posted:

I'm glad your sister didn't lose her job.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Thanks for the news, Shane O-Mac.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is it interesting that they decided to wipe out the existing WWE VPs and not the UFC ones? I’d kind of think there’d be a mix of people let go in those roles from each side.

Or maybe they have, I haven’t followed any of this news outside of this thread.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is it interesting that they decided to wipe out the existing WWE VPs and not the UFC ones? I’d kind of think there’d be a mix of people let go in those roles from each side.

Or maybe they have, I haven’t followed any of this news outside of this thread.

They can call it a "merger" all they want, but Endeavor?UFC "bought" WWE. It's going to be WWE jobs they cut.

Same poo poo happened at my last job; we "merged" with another company, but all of our facilities were closed and people laid off.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1702800985616240865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Horrible person. Rest in piss bozo.