Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I feel like she specifically called Carr out as a good egg in that same article because she didn’t want him to be considered a suspect for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

smellmycheese posted:

So apparently the mega story that Channel 4 and The Times are going to drop tomorrow is basically Nonceaggeddon for the comedy industry

I remember Katherine Ryan mentioning in an interview about there being an open secret that some big named comedian was a sex pest but she was unable to name and shame :whitewater:

Edit: snap ^

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don't think Carr is a danger, he's a tax cheat and tells poo poo jokes but I would put money on his life otherwise being incredibly boring

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

(please please please please let it be these two + others)

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 15, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

I’m hearing Ranganathan on the hook too

Half the TV schedule now unbroadcastable.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The current lineup of Avalon-aligned faces on panel shows is the TV comedy equivalent of bed blocking anyway. If loads of people end up off the air due to the fallout of this then it might give someone else a chance, as long as they can get there before the head of comedy for the BBC starts flicking through their Footlights alumni catalogue.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More like the comedy equivalent of cradle robbing.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

This was a thing at our school upto the year I joined.
With the troubles in NI, the kids auto-hated the opposite religion school, so there would be fights between them both most days at the bus depot where most had to get travel home.
When I started there would be a group of 100 per side, and they would just go ham at each other with hurley/hockey sticks.
But it ended up mostly with just a few torn shirts, bloodied noses, and what overall looked like a Reeves & Mortimer frying pan sketch.

I seem to have avoided the NI inter school fighting leagues of the 80s entirely. :stonklol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Microplastics posted:

Lol someone at my school noticed my Tommy hilfiger trousers was a knock off Tommy hilfiger and tried to mock me for it.

But i didn't even know what Tommy hilfiger was so couldn't give a single solitary poo poo whether it was a knock off or not. As long as it did the job of a pair of trousers why did it matter? :confused: I was just plain baffled by the whole affair

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Dave must be absolutely bricking it right now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

escapegoat posted:

Dave must be absolutely bricking it right now.

That works on two levels, Baddiel and the channel

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Also Walliams. Maybe also Mitchell.

Let's just shut down all Dave's until we know what's going on

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Gorman is probably fine

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Microplastics posted:

Lol someone at my school noticed my Tommy hilfiger trousers was a knock off Tommy hilfiger and tried to mock me for it.

But i didn't even know what Tommy hilfiger was so couldn't give a single solitary poo poo whether it was a knock off or not. As long as it did the job of a pair of trousers why did it matter? :confused: I was just plain baffled by the whole affair

This is why advertising aimed at or available to minors needs to be strictly controlled and there shouldn't be visible brands in their clothes. Kids shouldn't know what Tommy Hilfiger is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Let's just shut down all Dave's until we know what's going on
Pig tape just leaked.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Pig tape just leaked.

It'll do wonders for his comedy career tho.

Might even bring it to Edinburgh next year

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy posted:

If the Racism Explainer is implicated then it truly will be the weekend of dreams

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope we find out in the documentary that some comedian that almost no one likes or has any respect for as a performer is actually completely sound.

Like finding out Andy Parsons is kind, charming, consistently books diverse gigs and is very supportive to non-white male comedians to the point where he gets combative if they're being targeted.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TBEU's Churnwell has uncovered the perfect stock image to sum up Keith's Labour
https://twitter.com/churnwell/status/1702774311881207820

You can almost hear the discordant low drone of despair

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Nenonen posted:

This is why advertising aimed at or available to minors needs to be strictly controlled and there shouldn't be visible brands in their clothes. Kids shouldn't know what Tommy Hilfiger is.

Ha, maybe if they’re unfashionable, tasteless children like yours!!!! Not fashionable people who know what logos are currently cool for no obvious reason!!!!!!!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Yeah folk had groups of friends, but no larger groups really. Just kids trying to get through the day.

The only time there was larger group was when folk went to fight the Catholic school down the road.

Yeah, we used to go round attacking the local Catholic school, well I didn't because it sounded stupid.

When I was in school you had your group of friends and that was that. I was in with a bunch of nerds which would usually be bully fodder but three of us played on the rugby team and I think that confused them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I was the youngest for a long chain of hand-me-downs from cousins that often went via my big brother first. He was a chronic masturbator, to the point of fading jeans around the crotch area to the same levels as the kneepads. And that's how they were then delivered to me when I grew into them. Faded masturbatory bell-bottom flairs were definitely not fashionable in the mid 80's, and I got rightfully bullied for wearing them.

It made me the man I am today: Full of social hangups and anxiety stab memories about my youth

e: Forgot to add the point I was making. Uniforms saved me from a lot of bullying at school. I wasn't saved from school social events though

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 15, 2023

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
If uniforms are supposed to prevent clothes snobbery then good god, PE kits need to include some regulation loving trainers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody gave a gently caress about your trainers at ours but you had to have some very nice rugby/football boots or you were a oval office.

Luckily I wasn’t a broken old man yet so I played rugby recreationally as well as in PE, so I could justify having a decent pair to my mum. I caught a bit of poo poo from the future premier league 5 a side pub team superstars about how I had the wrong studs to be the next David Beckham, but I paid them back with an absolute clattering every time it was rugby lessons, so it felt fair.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

absolutely smoking the football kids at rugby was a good time

franco
Jan 3, 2003

fuctifino posted:

He was a chronic masturbator, to the point of fading jeans around the crotch area

I'm incredibly confused right now. Was he having one off the wrist solely with his hand down his jeans unusually regularly? Did he have some kind of Alien-style acid for semen thing going on? Am I missing a joke?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm assuming he was a nevernude pillow humper

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

franco posted:

I'm incredibly confused right now. Was he having one off the wrist solely with his hand down his jeans unusually regularly? Did he have some kind of Alien-style acid for semen thing going on? Am I missing a joke?

He was constantly playing with his penis from the outside of his jeans. His hand was constantly rubbing his crotch area. Over time he faded the crotch of every pair of jeans white.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Chad behaviour

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
whose the bad person?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Simon Amstell was pretty notorious for playing the uni circuit in the late 2000s purely so he could pick up audience members in the bar afterwards

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

noel fielding imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i thought they were too hard on old huw edwards

afaik all the man did was go on the computer and show bare bum

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
you ask half of those outraged nanas out there to be completely honest about their own conduct and they'll blush when the hazy memory surfaces of the time they went and misused the flatbed scanner on the photocopier to show bare bum to everyone in the office at the christmas party

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
Well at a minimum Russell Brand is involved in the Dispatches thing as he's just put a video out on it on his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr_PVUHn2I

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
It can't just be Brand, it's barely a story that he's a sex pest.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I am absolutely not watching that, anyone got a summary

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

fuctifino posted:

He was constantly playing with his penis from the outside of his jeans. His hand was constantly rubbing his crotch area. Over time he faded the crotch of every pair of jeans white.

My first boyfriend proudly told me that his favourite jeans had a big (deliberate?) hole in the pocket, so he could secretly touch himself all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Skarsnik posted:

I am absolutely not watching that, anyone got a summary

The MSM are coming for him because he got too close to the truth. Plus also he did lots of sex things in the past but they were definitely all fine and not illegal.