Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

PC players are the PvP mains of platforms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mesadoram posted:

Yup. Unless they have a magic button to delete weapons from players inventories that have invalid combos. But idk if that is a thing that even exists or is possible.

Oh, that's completely possible. Check for crafted guns, check if they have only the perks they're supposed to, delete them if they don't. Can be done with a basic database function, it would just take time to run.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah... this is not going to be one of those 'silly memories with an Emblem to say you were there' occasions. Some portion of the population is gonna be miffed

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

do bungie not do any testing or are they that reliant on the goodwill and dedication of the crucible community to test everything for them

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kecske posted:

do bungie not do any testing or are they that reliant on the goodwill and dedication of the crucible community to test everything for them

Bungie has some of the most embarrassing bugs in drat near any game I have ever played. It's a joke, and endearing at the same time.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bungie has repeatedly said that they're not good at making games and it blows my mind every time that people forget that

e: like they're great at design and balance and tuning but the engineering behind everything? no.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kecske posted:

I'll allow this one because The Crucible Community has total overlap with The PvE Community

EDIT: Bungie will be resetting the Crafted Weapons in the future, but no plans to disable modes, pursue a rollback, or issue bans (unless the weapons were crafted using external scripts)

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 15, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
official bungie position on this: "yall have fun now"

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1702794259970265239

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wild! I guess "lean into it" is the best option, I just never imagined them doing it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
haven't they just completely memory holed a weapon perk before and made it so that if you had a gun with that perk, it was just replaced by a different one magically? in principle if they could do that, they could do it to any crafted weapons with something they're not supposed to have, right?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The closest to something anything like that is Drop Mag, where they removed it as an option from new drops of weapons then changed the mechanics of it, or Full-Auto where they had already stopped adding it to new guns.

They probably could do what you are asking but we have no way of knowing for certain.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Reiterpallasch posted:

haven't they just completely memory holed a weapon perk before and made it so that if you had a gun with that perk, it was just replaced by a different one magically? in principle if they could do that, they could do it to any crafted weapons with something they're not supposed to have, right?

Yeah, there’s two separate tasks here- fix crafting so these weapons can no longer be created, and decide what to do about the ones already made. Forcibly reassigning them to valid perk combos would be one solution

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Reiterpallasch posted:

life_source posted:

The closest to something anything like that is Drop Mag, where they removed it as an option from new drops of weapons then changed the mechanics of it, or Full-Auto where they had already stopped adding it to new guns.

They probably could do what you are asking but we have no way of knowing for certain.

Yes! They replaced Quickdraw on Astral Horizon with Surplus. Like not just in the perk pool but it was changed on actual guns in hand.

It has probably/maybe happened other times but it is confirmed possible.

I know they had Dragonfly or something on a top slot weapon one Dawning too and had to swap it out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So how long could you do this and also how do you do it

I want to mess with some broken poo poo if I can lmao

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Yeah I was going to ask if this is something I, the casual Destiny player, should mess around with?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bungie's said they're not gonna ban people and probably no rollbacks. Don't use macros or network manipulation to do it, those will get banned.

It's literally just "click 2 weapons fast in the crafting screen and the game builds a broken weapon". It's apparently easier at 30fps. Not re-crafting either, just crafting a fresh weapon.

It's basically gonna make PvP actually unplayable until it's fixed, since the TTK is "2 rounds of shotgun fired at autorifle speeds/ranges" or "a single bow show to the body from any distance". Might be fun memes, or help clear out some particularly difficult content if you use it in PvE.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Double eager edge to ignore the sparrow race in GoA lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is the weekend to get your solo dungeon clears folks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't do the glitch, even after dropping my framerate. I guess my computer is just too cracked, too gamer and too pogchamp. 😞

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, friend :smith:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

kecske posted:

they have like a million players, even if they take 50 people and have them test each patch a hundred hours each one week they’re still 950,000 short of what the community will do in an hour. or whatever. I’m not a math guy

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

they have like a million players, even if they take 50 people and have them test each patch a hundred hours each one week they’re still 950,000 short of what the community will do in an hour. or whatever. I’m not a math guy

I mean, they could also not have a terrible labyrinth of spaghetti code of a game engine that shits the bed with even the most minute changes.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

once they can go back in time to 2012 I’m sure they’ll do that

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I mean, they could also not have a terrible labyrinth of spaghetti code of a game engine that shits the bed with even the most minute changes.

what do you think would be a solution to this problem

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sure, but you claimed it’s because they have a ton of players when in fact they have a garbage engine and awful fragile code. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

Enjoy and embrace the incredibly broken bugs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
if it were me, I would simply choose to have good code instead of bad code.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MJeff posted:

if it were me, I would simply choose to have good code instead of bad code.

Ideally they would have chosen a not-terrible engine to begin with like UE. That ship has long sailed and the best thing to do is embrace the badness.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kith posted:

Hire that poster’s wife

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

Hire that poster’s wife

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

waveframe grenade launcher firing aggressive frame shotgun amounts of grenades is some of the dumbest fun I had in a while

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is my connection just trash or is there a non-cheater reason why anyone with the Ammit-AR2 seems to have a ttk in the microseconds?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is my connection just trash or is there a non-cheater reason why anyone with the Ammit-AR2 seems to have a ttk in the microseconds?

Read the last page or two (tldr: crafting glitch)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

haveblue posted:

Read the last page or two (tldr: crafting glitch)

Cool. Going back to fzero99

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spanish Manlove posted:

Sounds like a skill issue.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well poo poo time to learn how to do this and what guns/perks are the best. Maybe I'll solo all the dungeons if that trace rifle grenade launcher is an idea of what you can do.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/carrysquadcom/status/1702814567464923219?t=vrOMKjjfO7BPZPGS71QLgQ&s=19

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This will actually get me playing this weekend tbh. Farm out some materials I find to be annoying for sure, curb stomping raids is just part of the destiny identity anyway.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
These broken rear end weapons are hilarious and I'm glad bungie is leaning into it. It breaks PvP? Oh. Anyway, it's really fun and tbh I would not be opposed to a yearly week of insanity to break things up as an event lol