Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That feel when you bump into a friend group that you haven't spent time with for a minute, and find out you no longer share the same interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Thundarr posted:

That feel when you bump into a friend group that you haven't spent time with for a minute, and find out you no longer share the same interests.

To be fair she did just tell them that her plan included getting everybody killed. You'd have to be a furious idiot to not at least hesitate when confronted with that.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

To be fair, every plan right now is 100% get killed vs her 98% get killed

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

She's not? She's holding a bottle.

Hell, even if she was... she does have boobs. And she eats and drinks now, so she has working biology. It wouldn't be particularly weird for them to be functioning.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tenebrais posted:

Hell, even if she was... she does have boobs. And she eats and drinks now, so she has working biology. It wouldn't be particularly weird for them to be functioning.

Unless she has kids of her own, it would in fact be weird. But thankfully it is irrelevant!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
please stop talking about angel boobs

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah to be extremely clear lactation is not something one is capable of doing 'on the fly'

I like the last panel a lot, the smoke almost hides the fact that Allison is smiling.

I also love how White Chain is like "I don't want to rule but everyone wants me to rule ughhhh" then goes and does poo poo like "personally bottle-feeds a war orphan in front of a crowd" seemingly completely oblivious to how that would influence public perception of her. I bet this is a REGULAR occurrence for her.

I hope Operant is having a good time with his new computer, I know from experience it can be... difficult... getting a tablet set up the way it was before.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah to be extremely clear lactation is not something one is capable of doing 'on the fly'
like 5 pages ago Allison was running around on a leg made of sunlight

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

she's birthed several new kung fu styles, that probably counts

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tiny Myers posted:

Opening the thread, seeing this post, closing the thread,

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
– Stele 14 (Public Bathing rules), Concordance of the Demiurges

quote:

IV. NO SPITTING, SECRETION, OR URINATION

Tiny Myers posted:

management kindly requests that you leave the flies alone

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Tiny Myers posted:

I hope Operant is having a good time with his new computer, I know from experience it can be... difficult... getting a tablet set up the way it was before.

Lol lmao

It was a horror story

Lots of things with drives and drivers and swapping media material.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

YaketySass posted:

please stop talking about angel boobs

BE NOT AFRAID

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tiny Myers posted:

thread title

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Tiny Myers posted:

Given how combustible artists' computers seem to be, how do these settings not reliably get recovered by the cloud? I know that might not help some things, but they wouldn't have to start from scratch, right?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bell_ posted:

Given how combustible artists' computers seem to be, how do these settings not reliably get recovered by the cloud? I know that might not help some things, but they wouldn't have to start from scratch, right?

Ah yes but that sounds like they'd have to spend effort developing it and they have a monopoly so why bother.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Tablets are cursed objects, haunted by the malicious ghosts of drivers past. No cloud recovery will save you from their “bugs where the only solution is found in the comments on a defunct geocities webring for windows 7 errors, 170 google result pages deep” energy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wyld Karde posted:

Oh please don't be daddy issues.

Gonna go track down solomon so he can pay child support for this poo poo world be helped uphold

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Seems to me that letting Solomon walk away is healthier for both him and the universe. I find it hard to imagine a future of good outcomes with any of the demiurges in power.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

she's birthed several new kung fu styles, that probably counts

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FuturePastNow posted:

Seems to me that letting Solomon walk away is healthier for both him and the universe. I find it hard to imagine a future of good outcomes with any of the demiurges in power.

If Solomon has found the path of true Royalty, he'll turn them down when they find him, but he may offer some advice (like "how long before the Orb breaks")

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think Solomon’s health is of less than zero interest here.

It seems like part of the theme of this particular sequence is “mental health and personal wellbeing is not always something the universe lets us prioritize” - Jadis’ ‘sloth’ was also personal mental and emotional health by denial of the wider world. “Time to come die for the future, Solomon” would be an interesting trajectory, given he did the Always Die When You Use It attack.

…maybe he’s already dead, or dying.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Solomon David we will meet will be a broken and miserable old man. In other words he finally got his wish to continue the path of Royalty

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

coolusername posted:

Tablets are cursed objects, haunted by the malicious ghosts of drivers past. No cloud recovery will save you from their “bugs where the only solution is found in the comments on a defunct geocities webring for windows 7 errors, 170 google result pages deep” energy.

Yeah this. The problem isn't things like pressure sensitivity or brush settings, those are easily preserved. The problem is driver errors. You've got Wintab, some lovely driver Windows took it upon itself to install when you plugged it in for the first time, and the real driver you installed from the website (whose install instructions may not even be in English, because most of the primary tablet manufacturers are East Asian) battling for dominance, then whatever Windows Update decides to do to you.

My Huion tablet has been pretty great as far as low hassle drivers go, personally, but any artist over the age of 25 is going to have Stories about forbidden tablet driver rituals. Having to go into the Windows Services panel to manually disable Wintab, having to forcibly restart Wacom's driver service through the task manager every morning, etc.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Like yes the demiurges are all-powerful, but even they cannot stop my old Wacom tablet from making a weird blob on the screen as the pressure sensitivity decides to arbitrarily poo poo itself every 20 minutes

Reach Heaven Through Huion, Or Maybe XP-Pen If You're Extra Broke But I've Heard Some Real Polarizing Things About Those So Probably Just Shell Out The Extra Cash

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Solomon David we will meet will be a broken and miserable old man. In other words he finally got his wish to continue the path of Royalty

"Look, I'd love to help you, but I found a comfortable urn to live in and its taken me AGES to build a reputation locally as a crazy yet wise hermit - look the villagers just BRING me food - I don't even have to be NICE to them."

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

finding solomon's secret bunker and he walks in whistling in a bathrobe like metro man from megamind

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

SardonicTyrant posted:

He's started a noodle shop.

Maya is going to poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Salami & Sons Noodle Emporium.

Perfect Pho, total hunger obliteration

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He's more likely to be drunk and sleeping in a barrel

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

He's started a noodle shop.

Maya is going to poo poo

Surely "Salami Dave" opens a deli?

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

Perfect Pho, total hunger obliteration

https://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/i-cant-take-credit-for-this-joke

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah this. The problem isn't things like pressure sensitivity or brush settings, those are easily preserved. The problem is driver errors. You've got Wintab, some lovely driver Windows took it upon itself to install when you plugged it in for the first time, and the real driver you installed from the website (whose install instructions may not even be in English, because most of the primary tablet manufacturers are East Asian) battling for dominance, then whatever Windows Update decides to do to you.

My Huion tablet has been pretty great as far as low hassle drivers go, personally, but any artist over the age of 25 is going to have Stories about forbidden tablet driver rituals. Having to go into the Windows Services panel to manually disable Wintab, having to forcibly restart Wacom's driver service through the task manager every morning, etc.

Oh is THAT what the problem has been?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

REINSTALL SIX BILLION DRIVERS

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Bilirubin posted:

Oh is THAT what the problem has been?
Not always but often some variation of that, yeah. Usually it's a conflict of drivers somewhere, or just the existing driver being buggy as poo poo, or outdated for your OS, whatever.

Tablets are like, next to printers as far as "naturally buggy and arcane machines", which is impressive when you have far less points of failure than a printer does.

Youremother posted:

REINSTALL SIX BILLION DRIVERS
THEN UNINSTALL, RESTART, UNDO THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE, DELETE THE REGISTRY KEYS, DISABLE THE WINDOWS SERVICE, RESTART, AND ONCE AGAIN REINSTALL SIX BILLION DRIVERS, BUT THIS TIME IN SAFE MODE

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This is what makes Linux the most royal operating system :smug:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So, tablet. Which is it today? Does the tablet's surface stretch across both monitors or only one?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tiny Myers posted:

THEN UNINSTALL, RESTART, UNDO THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE, DELETE THE REGISTRY KEYS, DISABLE THE WINDOWS SERVICE, RESTART, AND ONCE AGAIN REINSTALL SIX BILLION DRIVERS, BUT THIS TIME IN SAFE MODE

"I'm going to install the six out of support drivers.

Mottom and Mammon drivers are abandonware, but sketchy Russian hacker communities still support them. I think Incubus Freeware drivers are out until they see they are losing market share, then we can install them. Jadis Drivers will come when we keep getting Cyrillic error messages that are hard to troubleshoot. Gogagog Drivers are Gogagog Drivers. We will install all eighty million versions until we find one that works.

The Solomon driver is still out there, somewhere in an abandoned seed dating back to the last millennium. We will brave the keyloggers, the malwares and the misnamed files until we find it.

I'm willing to blue screen alone. But I would rather blue screen with friends."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Donkringel posted:

"I'm going to install the six out of support drivers.

Mottom and Mammon drivers are abandonware, but sketchy Russian hacker communities still support them. I think Incubus Freeware drivers are out until they see they are losing market share, then we can install them. Jadis Drivers will come when we keep getting Cyrillic error messages that are hard to troubleshoot. Gogagog Drivers are Gogagog Drivers. We will install all eighty million versions until we find one that works.

The Solomon driver is still out there, somewhere in an abandoned seed dating back to the last millennium. We will brave the keyloggers, the malwares and the misnamed files until we find it.

I'm willing to blue screen alone. But I would rather blue screen with friends."

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This is an absolutely sublime pun that has lived in my head rent free for about a decade.