Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol is that AI art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Aight for everyone who wants to get in on the fun this weekend here is the tutorial.

1. Make the game performance as lovely as you possibly can. Windowed mode. 30fps. Download poo poo in the background. Have streams open. Some of this might just be superstition although 30fps definitely affects things.

2. Open up the crafting window. Position your mouse over the weapon you want to glitch onto something else.

3. Click on the first weapon, then immediately click on the second weapon as the animation is playing. You might hear two clicks from the game, you might not. This needs to be fractions of a second. If you are moving between weapon types, ie: shotgun to auto rifle, you have to click first weapon then hit a/w/s/d to move to the correct weapon then spam click on the second weapon.

4. If the crafting screen loads up the first weapon, try again. If it loads up the second weapon but it has the normal frame for that second weapon, try again. It will probably not work the first, second, or fiftieth time. Expect the first time you do this to basically be 20+ minutes of going "Am I doing this right??? I don't think I'm doing this right."

5. You've done it correctly if the crafting screen loads up the second weapon but displays the frame choices of the first one. You can select any of the masterworks right away. You can come back and reshape this weapon later after leveling it, just do not touch the frame selection.

Cool options to try:

Go to standard is putting a shotgun on things which are not shotguns because this will massively increase the projectile count damage. Use Imperial Decree or Ragnhild as they are aggressive frame shotties, the best for this. Stick one on an Ammit or other auto rifle and watch it melt anything in the game which isn't a raid boss. Don't stick a shotgun on a rocket launcher, as the rockets will collide with each other when you shoot and instantly murder you.

For raid bosses, stick a shotgun on Tarnation, to make it rapidly shoot like 15 grenades at once each round.

You can move exotic perks onto legendary weapons. Give a purple SMG Osteo's poison effect. Give another primary DMT's cranial spikes. Make Forbearance even more Forbearance with triple line grenades, or stick Trinary Vision on a fusion rifle instead for ludicrous damage.

People will be talking about Trials but no joke this is laser tag weekend for PvE you are a whirling maelstrom of death. Everything in the game right now is a Grandmaster Nightfall but for all the enemies instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ammit and Needlestorm, with me being pulled into the timestream both times. :lol:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I got it to work on an Ammit with just an aggressive shotgun frame. It seems to shoot to fast foe the game to pop damage numbers sometimes but I'm not sure if they are actually doing damage all the time. Also it glitched out some enemies when I tested it. Like it just wrecked their whole life bar but they didn't die but gained back say a third of their health.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That happens when the server disagrees about how much damage you did and corrects the client

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah one thing I noticed is basically immune to shotgun Ammit is Supplicants.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this is the most fun I've had in the game in a while. glad it's only temporary, though, since it's just wild out there

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just did the master lost sector with a strand auto rifle that shoots shotgun shells. Now that I get that it was a glitch that was murdering me I'm not mad and am laughing at it

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Guess it's a good thing I at least got the admit to work cause I can't get another no matter how hard I try. Did manage to own the poo poo out of a master lost sector not trying with it though.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Funniest thing made so far is a Sweet Sorrow that shoots the waveframe grenades from Forbearance. It doesn't work well -- they drop straight down, and have zero blast radius, but it's funny.

Aggressive shotgun Tarnation is amazing.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Planck's Stride (rapid arc lmg) with aggressive shotgun frame and mulligan is infinite ammunition with a high ROF heavy weapon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I managed to make a shotgun Tarnation and a shotgun Fire And Forget. Looking forward to testing those out tomorrow.

So, correct me if I'm wrong here, can you use Revision Zero to make any craftable weapon intrinsic anti-barrier?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

The real conspiracy theory to make in this circumstance is that Bungie allowed this bug intentionally to get disgruntled players back into the fold

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It is kind of funny how every time they increase the TTK accidentally everyone has a blast and says how much better the game feels, to the point that they occasionally leave it that way for a while and tell everyone to just have fun. And then go on to say that TTK is an important part of the design philosophy and they can't change it.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

neutral milf hotel posted:

this is the most fun I've had in the game in a while. glad it's only temporary, though, since it's just wild out there

If you missed laser tag weekend, 12 man raids, or the other weird rear end glitch weekends.... this is what it's like.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I was finally able to pull it off with a 30 fps cap, with Doom Eternal, Deep Rock Galactic, Wo Long, 3 Chrome tabs streaming Twitch, and 1 streaming Youtube all running in the background.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I now have a Sweet Sorrow with Ragnhild's Aggresive shotgun frame, so it's a 720rpm infinite ammo shotgun that speeds up after kills. What a wild ride :allears:

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

This reminds me of late game borderlands 1 where you could use a weapon editor to create things like a sniper that shot rockets. Every once in a while the game couldn't make sense of the gun you created so it might not work, but man did it end up in chaos

edit: also look at all these fools on twitch still trying to do trials carries this weekend. you can see the rage in their eyes as they get their poo poo pushed in

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So if its just those perks how are weapons like swords with two eager edge perks getting crafted? Same principle but the other perk instead?

I mostly want to solo flawless GoA and not try on the sparrow section lmao

e: Lol yep you just reshape to do it, time to play the lottery. Finally, it's time to combine the Half-Truth and the Other Half

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 16, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

So if its just those perks how are weapons like swords with two eager edge perks getting crafted? Same principle but the other perk instead?

I mostly want to solo flawless GoA and not try on the sparrow section lmao

Same process, but you can only do it one perk at a time so you have to keep doing the exploit for each single column if you want to change more than one.

E: ah you got it already lol. It's gonna be fun imo, not like I have a ton to do today anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

Same process, but you can only do it one perk at a time so you have to keep doing the exploit for each single column if you want to change more than one.

Yeah just saw it and wouldn't you know it I don't have a ton of patterns finished but I do have both Halves :v:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah just saw it and wouldn't you know it I don't have a ton of patterns finished but I do have both Halves :v:

Yeah, I don't have much either but I'm sure just enough to make something stupid lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody discovered any good hand cannons? I wanna try combining this with Lucky Pants.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This os so awesome! I managed the easy one, shotgun to Ammit.

Whats the best way to exploit it while it lasts?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GMs, lost sectors, flawless runs, etc. Basically anything that's really hard that would be massively made easier by enemies no longer being a factor

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sekenr posted:

This os so awesome! I managed the easy one, shotgun to Ammit.

Whats the best way to exploit it while it lasts?

MJeff posted:

Ammit and Needlestorm, with me being pulled into the timestream both times. :lol:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It was fun watching you melt Atheon.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's honestly amazing to me that bungie has just been like "gently caress it, do whatever, all of the aspirational content that we sell as the endgame is now cheesable and pretty much everyone with legit achievements are now suspect to the playerbase at large"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RocketRaygun posted:

If you missed laser tag weekend, 12 man raids, or the other weird rear end glitch weekends.... this is what it's like.

I heard stories about those glitch weekends. The community speaks of those events fondly lol

I'm glad I get to experience this one and craft abominable weapons that make the Traveler cry

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I missed laser tag but 12-mans ruled, it’s how I got Divinity

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the Lord of Wolves instagib weekend was fun for the time it lasted

anyone tried merging frames on console?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You have to do two very fast taps on different UI elements to pull it off, so I'd guess it's extremely hard if not impossible on a controller with the analog stick pushing the cursor around

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

12 man was fun when it worked, sitting in orbit for a literal hour while someone repeatedly failed to do it was not so much fun

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

kecske posted:

the Lord of Wolves instagib weekend was fun for the time it lasted

If you got any kind of pc (the shittier the better) link accounts on bungie.com and do it on pc. Than switch back to console and use the weapon.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

i wonder if they will make an emblem commemorating this just like Laser Tag

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

hiddenriverninja posted:

i wonder if they will make an emblem commemorating this just like Laser Tag

Wasn’t laser tag a balance thing? This is a “players found a major gently caress up” thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lord Wexia posted:

Wasn’t laser tag a balance thing? This is a “players found a major gently caress up” thing.

It was too far out of whack to be just a balance thing, it had a vastly better TTK that every other gun. Someone typing an extra 0 into the weapon config is still a bug, just not a code bug

Also I think it suddenly appeared after a certain patch, it hadn't been like that all along and just got discovered

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Enhanced mulligan on an AR with aggressive shotgun frame never has to reload lol. I'm putting the same perks and frame on plank's stride now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske posted:

so it is possible but you're limited in what you can merge since you have to be super fast and moving a cursor with an analogue stick is slow. It works best with weapons that occupy slots in the same space on the screen since you can shuffle back and forth with the shoulder buttons. I merged a Raghnild with a Come To Pass this way, others will be possible too but need to experiment a bit.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

kecske posted:

so it is possible but you're limited in what you can merge since you have to be super fast and moving a cursor with an analogue stick is slow. It works best with weapons that occupy slots in the same space on the screen since you can shuffle back and forth with the shoulder buttons. I merged a Raghnild with a Come To Pass this way, others will be possible too but need to experiment a bit.

What console did you use? I was going to try it with my slow rear end launch ps4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Lord Wexia posted:

It was curse of Osiris launch week, and Prometheus Lens had just been released. Within hours, it was known that Prom Lens had a truly busted TTK, and they even had Xur sell it that weekend!

It was one of the big "oh wow so they literally do zero 0.000 testing sometimes haha" moments