Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Legend Bowl (Awesome!)

I saw this hyped up in the Off-season N/V thread and picked it up because it seemed right up my alley (Franchise mode, love Retro Bowl and Tecmo Bowl) but I can’t figure out passing for the life of me and it’s ruining the game for me. I’ll pick a short slant route and tap or lightly charge the throw and the QB just launches a sky high missile towards the endzone where no one is every time? Idk what I’m doing wrong :shrug:

Speaking of Switch though, F-Zero 99 launched online and 99 ships in an F-Zero race is bonkers lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Hey thanks everybody for the well wishing. Got absolutely murdered at work. Got vomit on my pants at a shooting. Got off late as all hell.

Then I came home to my two favorite smiling faces, a card full of inside jokes between me and the kiddo, a cake and a nice new burr grinder and a bag of counter culture coffee.

A good day. :toot:

happy birthday LeeMajors, and thanks again for like, routinely saving people's lives

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like I’m having a mid-life crisis, but it entirely revolves around me listening to the Counting Crows a lot. I’m not sure how to feel about this.

I started listening to jazz

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Happy Birthday LeeMajors.

Here's my gaming thoughts:

Starfield is incredibly janky, repetitive, and last-gen Bethesda slop and I can't stop playing it despite going in with a negative attitude. The UI is terribad, the controls in a lot of situations are borderline comical. The game explains nothing at all and has insanely worthless dialogue & voice acting, and you must hear a tale from every f'n vendor before you can sell your bag full of space trash, every time.
And yet I'm pushing 40 hours in Space QWOP: The RPG, and I didn't pay for early access. 8.7

Baldur's Gate 3 is amazingly well done, the voiceacting and dialogue and general presentation is one of the best I've seen in ages. Cutscenes are funny and worth seeing, unlike 99% of most games. It's very fun but it's also impossible to play for more than 1 hour without getting exhausted by all the micromanagement and anxiety that I'm not talking to the right people at the right times. 9.1

Diablo 4 is a lot of clicking, some dogshit story about "Click the demons", but there's also a weird raffle loot system with a big pour of FOMO splashed over the whole package. 7.9

Madden 24 is the same worthless effort from EA. Menus barely work, huge lag while doing intensive things like "select the zero-gameplay practice option you want to do that is clearly superior to the other two and none of them have negatives", there's new broken tackle animations, there's the same inferior football game to NFL 2k on the Dreamcast. I spin up a Superstar RB, get drafted by the Buccaneers, gross but fine, game tells me you can't increase the difficulty or it will ruin your LEGACY SCORE. Ok, that's a big deal. Proceed to put up standard rookie numbers; 664 carries, 5192 yds, 62 TDs on the year, MVP of season/superbowl etc. Buccaneers trade me to the Saints for 1 player in the offseason without telling anyone or providing any sort of notification/cutscene/poorly written in-character text message with no response. I just suddenly had a Saints uniform on in the next event. I had to look up the NFL transactions page to see what the gently caress happened! I'm #1 on the all-time legacy chart. 0.7, will play again next year

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Happy Birthday Lee Majors!

This has beena weird work week so I hope everything resets to being more normal next week. I've spent a lot of it dealing or waiting to deal with utilities folks thanks to the lot neighbors loving up and severing the gas line. The inspector was supposed to come today to look at how they installed the new line but nah, never showed.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Happy birthday Lee Majors!

:lol: We’re all old here, it’s merely a question of how old. The important thing is to live our lives well, make shitposts that will stand the test of time, and to hear the lamentations of our posting enemies!

I’m going to a boygenius concert with a queer friend: was supposed to be this former classmate-turned friend I have a massive crush on, but she’s a grad student and wound up having a class that night she can’t skip, but luckily the other friend stepped up.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Hey thanks everybody for the well wishing. Got absolutely murdered at work. Got vomit on my pants at a shooting. Got off late as all hell.

Then I came home to my two favorite smiling faces, a card full of inside jokes between me and the kiddo, a cake and a nice new burr grinder and a bag of counter culture coffee.

A good day. :toot:

Happy birthday! And v cool about the card and gift.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hell yeah burr grinder coffee.

May tomorrow morning's fresh cup be wonderful.

People laughed at me when I bought a Baratza Vituoso 10 years ago but that thing is still working like Day 1 and I get perfect grounds every time.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Starfield is incredibly janky, repetitive, and last-gen Bethesda slop and I can't stop playing it despite going in with a negative attitude. The UI is terribad, the controls in a lot of situations are borderline comical. The game explains nothing at all and has insanely worthless dialogue & voice acting, and you must hear a tale from every f'n vendor before you can sell your bag full of space trash, every time.
And yet I'm pushing 40 hours in Space QWOP: The RPG, and I didn't pay for early access. 8.7

Baldur's Gate 3 is amazingly well done, the voiceacting and dialogue and general presentation is one of the best I've seen in ages. Cutscenes are funny and worth seeing, unlike 99% of most games. It's very fun but it's also impossible to play for more than 1 hour without getting exhausted by all the micromanagement and anxiety that I'm not talking to the right people at the right times. 9.1

Diablo 4 is a lot of clicking, some dogshit story about "Click the demons", but there's also a weird raffle loot system with a big pour of FOMO splashed over the whole package. 7.9

Madden 24 is the same worthless effort from EA. Menus barely work, huge lag while doing intensive things like "select the zero-gameplay practice option you want to do that is clearly superior to the other two and none of them have negatives", there's new broken tackle animations, there's the same inferior football game to NFL 2k on the Dreamcast. I spin up a Superstar RB, get drafted by the Buccaneers, gross but fine, game tells me you can't increase the difficulty or it will ruin your LEGACY SCORE. Ok, that's a big deal. Proceed to put up standard rookie numbers; 664 carries, 5192 yds, 62 TDs on the year, MVP of season/superbowl etc. Buccaneers trade me to the Saints for 1 player in the offseason without telling anyone or providing any sort of notification/cutscene/poorly written in-character text message with no response. I just suddenly had a Saints uniform on in the next event. I had to look up the NFL transactions page to see what the gently caress happened! I'm #1 on the all-time legacy chart. 0.7, will play again next year

I can’t remember the last time I owned a computer device with a keyboard. Even funnier is if you peck wrote this on your phone

Day 2 of Skyrim newest build is a bow and arrow hunter

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 16, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Sometimes there's nothing better than watching a terrible Lifetime movie but only the ones that are truly unhinged, not the ones based off true stories.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Sometimes there's nothing better than watching a terrible Lifetime movie but only the ones that are truly unhinged, not the ones based off true stories.

A friend of mine from Chicago I've known for more than 20 years went out to LA in the hopes of becoming a hotshot Hollywood screenwriter.

Her most notable credits are being a production assistant on Legend of the Seeker (a terrible TV show) and the Lifetime movie Abducted by My Teacher.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Timby posted:

A friend of mine from Chicago I've known for more than 20 years went out to LA in the hopes of becoming a hotshot Hollywood screenwriter.

Her most notable credits are being a production assistant on Legend of the Seeker (a terrible TV show) and the Lifetime movie Abducted by My Teacher.

I work in LA and trust me they won’t even let me gently caress LA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

I don't know if this is still true anymore, but somewhere in North or South Carolina used to make damned near every one of those hour long true crime things that come on late at night on various cable channels. I don't know if it was a good place to actually get started in the industry but I knew someone who got a job and tried it out.

I didn't know them well enough to follow up to see if it worked out for them in any fashion.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Here’s another weird thing i haven’t dealt with since the lockdown is birthday parties for my kids friends.

I know enough people and I don’t wanna see your LEGO collection cause mine is way better

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Timby posted:

I just watched one called Deadly Yoga Retreat and it's got some truly inspired unhinged acting by the murdering fake yoga instructor. Years ago I watched one where the premise was a new teacher, who's a woman, takes an obsessive interest in our main teenage girl character and does poo poo like kidnapp the main character's best friend and keep her in a shed. The twist was that the teacher was originally in school with our main character's mom and was equally obsessed with her and it's a weird transferrence thing. I also definitely watched one where a psychiatrist gave his patient amnesia, kidnapped her and then tried to convince her they were married. Sometimes Lifetime is a gift that keeps on giving (in lovely TV movies).

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ether Frenzy posted:

I wasn’t going to play the new Madden but then I found out if you sub yo whatever the EA monthly thing is for 5 bucks you get a 10 hour trial of it, and 10 hours is about all I can stomach to put into it, so…

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if this is still true anymore, but somewhere in North or South Carolina used to make damned near every one of those hour long true crime things that come on late at night on various cable channels. I don't know if it was a good place to actually get started in the industry but I knew someone who got a job and tried it out.

I didn't know them well enough to follow up to see if it worked out for them in any fashion.

There's a call for extras in the Warehouse District here in Dubuque tomorrow night for a "comedy TV show by notable producers," and I can only imagine it's for the worst poo poo imaginable.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
A hair late but happy birthday LeeMajors!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I wasn’t going to play the new Madden but then I found out if you sub yo whatever the EA monthly thing is for 5 bucks you get a 10 hour trial of it, and 10 hours is about all I can stomach to put into it, so…

And sometime after the Super Bowl it’ll just be added to be playable for free on GamePass for Xbox (since that also includes the EA thing), so between the two you can figure out just how bad you want to spend :tenbux: x7 to get it right away.

I’m telling myself the same thing with FIFA EA FC, that’s been my addiction more than Madden. Though really we’re all waiting for College Football next year, aren’t we.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

harperdc posted:

And sometime after the Super Bowl it’ll just be added to be playable for free on GamePass for Xbox (since that also includes the EA thing), so between the two you can figure out just how bad you want to spend :tenbux: x7 to get it right away.

I’m telling myself the same thing with FIFA EA FC, that’s been my addiction more than Madden. Though really we’re all waiting for College Football next year, aren’t we.

Yes. Yes we are.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

T-Square posted:

I saw this hyped up in the Off-season N/V thread and picked it up because it seemed right up my alley (Franchise mode, love Retro Bowl and Tecmo Bowl) but I can’t figure out passing for the life of me and it’s ruining the game for me. I’ll pick a short slant route and tap or lightly charge the throw and the QB just launches a sky high missile towards the endzone where no one is every time? Idk what I’m doing wrong :shrug:

Passing in Legend Bowl is finicky as gently caress.

Basically, the little bar goes from lob to bullet, but it moves insanely fast, and getting the timing right is tricky as hell and takes a lot of getting used to. I’ve one through about 30 games so far and I’m still not fully used to it. IIRC, a very quick tap is actually a throw away or panic lob, so for a touch pass you still need to charge it a bit. A “normal” pass is in the middle, and a bullet is all the way charged, but if you overcharge it goes harder but with a significant accuracy penalty. There is a a pass assist option, which removes the accuracy penalty but limits the strength of the pass to 75% (Kicking has a similar option), which IMO is good when you’re first starting out or if your playing run heavy/West Coast short passing. That said, even if you have a QB with a high pass strength and skill rating (Which is accuracy for a QB), it still takes some practice. Plus poo poo like fatigue and weather plays a bigger factor than other football games.

If you haven’t tried it already, do a few games with a very highly rated QB on a team with good receiving options. The “Old Skool Kool” roster that is one of the defaults that comes with the game is basically 1985 NFL with a few USFL teams to get it up to 32, so you can play as peak Joe Montana or late stage Air Coryell and just air it out (The defenses will also be predisposed to running base, rather than nickel or dime), and those helped me get the timing down a bit more.

Honestly, my biggest complaint with the game is special teams are loving awful. Even with a kicker with 99 strength and skill, I rarely get touchbacks on kickoffs, and the return coverage is non-existent on even the middle difficulties. My opponents average starting position was something like their own 45 and I was giving up a return TD almost every game. Meanwhile, their kickoffs are always landing at about the 5, and my return teams can’t do poo poo, so I’m almost always starting inside the 20.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

There was a decent film production studio in Wilmington NC, where they filmed Dawson's Creek. It's not Vancouver or Atlanta level "Big studios outside of LA" level, but it's there.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Timby posted:

Your friend has many sins to atone for

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Cold video game take: inspired by my trip to Seattle earlier in the summer, I played inFamous: Second Son to completion a few weeks ago and thought it was really boring. I thought the traversal would be fun, but I didn’t find it to even be as fun as Saints Row IV.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

There's a call for extras in the Warehouse District here in Dubuque tomorrow night for a "comedy TV show by notable producers," and I can only imagine it's for the worst poo poo imaginable.

Show up and picket their asses

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Starfield is fun as hell

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thanks again for all the wellwishing, folks. Best forum (and specifically subforum) anywhere.

Silly Burrito posted:

A hair late but happy birthday LeeMajors!

:wink:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Cold video game take: inspired by my trip to Seattle earlier in the summer, I played inFamous: Second Son to completion a few weeks ago and thought it was really boring. I thought the traversal would be fun, but I didn’t find it to even be as fun as Saints Row IV.

If you want some other Seattle related media Parallax View has an amazing scene set on the Space Needle, and the Sly Stallone Get Carter remake is not very good, but has a pretty good car chase in the middle through the residential areas of Seattle. Singles is a decent rom com that perfectly catches the vibe of 90s Seattle if you want a history lesson.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I didn't even do that hard of a workout, how did I strain my groin????

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Shoot, when I blew out my knee it was during a light day at the gym, just doing some warmup squats at like 1/2 the weight I’d been working at a few days prior, the human body is funny like that

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Pretty sure the back injury I got a few weeks ago (and am just starting to get over) was from vacuuming and/or mopping.

Wheee gettiin' old. :toot:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timby posted:

This is how everyone gets started.

The key is to stick it out and pay your dues even if you're working on crap. I slaved for years in reality TV and let me tell you hanging out in a hotel room for a week making sure Jeremy London didn't do any drugs before celebrity rehab is not how I imagined it going but the ones who stay in LA make it. If only by everyone else you're competing with getting fed up and moving back to Virginia or whatever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry for the double post but suddenly every person I know is talking about the Roman Empire.

It's awesome. It's like Christmas for history dorks and it doesn't even matter if they're making fun of us

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Sorry for the double post but suddenly every person I know is talking about the Roman Empire.

It's awesome. It's like Christmas for history dorks and it doesn't even matter if they're making fun of us

Oops now it’s lame

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1702824680963334629?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is there anything Elon Musk can’t ruin?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Hopefully his death

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Personally, I think he should have lost to Sami Zayn, it would’ve blown the roof off.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I upgraded my home laptop to a 13" m2 macbook air with 24 gb of ram and holy moly this thing is awesome. so small. so fast. and the battery is magic.

going to try and get work to get me the 15" in a few months when my current computer gets to 2 years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Welcome to being a barves fan, Ross

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Went to work today to get ahead of the curve on a project and since I'll be busy tomorrow to the point I may miss all NFL games I preemptively got my wing on.

Midtown Beer Garden across the street from work means I can grab some soy garlic wings from Bopcha & a Pretzl Bier Oktoberfest Lager from Fracture Brewing.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

Welcome to being a barves fan, Ross

I think you mean Cubs fan.

lol the rickets won’t spend that much money.