Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
his only regret is that he has boneitis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arte Moreno release Anthony Rendon into the vacuum of deep space challenge

I want that motherfucker out of my solar system

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

remember a week ago when the rangers fans were all giving up

Ahyuck

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The weirdest part to me is Rendon “declining to comment on if he’ll be back next season”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bawfuls posted:

The weirdest part to me is Rendon “declining to comment on if he’ll be back next season”
It's very clear to me that Rendon gets off on loving around with the media

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

YOU ARE A loving PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL PLAYER GOD drat IT

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jays shutout a team (and get only 4 hits themselves) and Rangers getting torched. Baseball!!!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

mdemone posted:

Arte Moreno release Anthony Rendon into the vacuum of deep space challenge

I want that motherfucker out of my solar system

lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Today a work colleague commented about my obsession with Anthony Rendon, this is probably a good sign

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/KevinMcAlpin/status/1702873746027991314

absolutely begging and pleading for the team to give him time off if he needs it and not let chasing 40/70 cost him the postseason

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Just to be clear, Machado is married to Alonso's sister.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remember when the white sox signed alonso in hopes of getting to sign machado but then didn't do the part about offering machado a lot of money so the white sox just had yonder alonso on their roster for a year with a 55 OPS+

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Sky has resumed falling.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Rendon just doesn't want to actually play for the Angels again

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1702871542458163226?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

extremely relatable

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

taking money from billionaires for doing nothing is praxis. critical support to comrade rendon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the angels are probably better without rendon playing anyway

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

IcePhoenix posted:

by the way the answer to Name! That! Twin! was Max Kepler

That was a good Name That Twin, and yeah, I think there was a point in late May or mid June where the mood was that he might wind up shipped back overseas on a plank at this rate.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
its a good thing our division is packed full of teams as inept as we are

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Nobody wants to win the AL West this year.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Angels news continues to be awful.

https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/1702910472700473805
https://twitter.com/Sarah_IsabelVee/status/1702910669425873275

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Sources say Ohtani is headed to the Jets

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He saw what was in the wallet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

someone check on mdemone

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Uh, charitable reading is he said the season is hosed so he may as well get his surgery done now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah there's zero reason for him to continue to play with a torn UCL when the season is for all intents and purposes over. The Angels elimination number for the last wild card spot is 2

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Sources say Ohtani is headed to the Jets

Cool

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

even if resigning is a possibility (please God no) there's no reason for him to give the Angels any sign of that. He's a free agent and deserves a new water bottle.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think him resigning from the Angels is more likely than him re-signing tbqh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If he's resigning that's even more reason to shut him down and get him started early

But emptying his locker doesn't seem to vibe with that

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm gonna throw up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shohei Ohgonei

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I guess they did a bad job of trying to convince him that they are going to win going forward huh?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Pretty much the worst team in baseball post trade deadline. Not quite now they drew it up

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm not sure if "not trading someone" can make a list of worst trades ever but when you throw in that they traded for other pieces at the deadline this might go into the top 5 of worst trade decisions in all sports

Yes you could say "it was good to see an MLB owner going for it" and you're right but I hope you enjoyed it because it won't be happening again outside of Steve Cohen any time soon

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Every year there are a few teams that go for it and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The Cubs did not trade Cody Bellinger at the deadline and traded for Jeimer Candelario and that has been (don't look recently) working out.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
As much as I love Trout I really do question his judgement on the extensions after he personally saw Moreno dump Torii Hunter in favor of Josh Hamilton. The signs were there pal!

Edit: it will forever be funny that Moreno made some "man of god" based signings that all backfired tremendously (Pujols, Hamilton, Rendon).

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm not sure if "not trading someone" can make a list of worst trades ever but when you throw in that they traded for other pieces at the deadline this might go into the top 5 of worst trade decisions in all sports

Yes you could say "it was good to see an MLB owner going for it" and you're right but I hope you enjoyed it because it won't be happening again outside of Steve Cohen any time soon

As long as Arte is there the Angels will be Going For It.

I don't think they'll succeed because Arte, but he is not shy about spending assets and cash.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

mdemone posted:

I'm gonna throw up

Ts and Ps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I know where he can get a new Seattle duffle to replace the one he left behind.