Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
So what's Austin Theory's deal? He beat Cena and now gets to be in a segment with The Rock so they must like him but is he actually good or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Alleged to have sent inappropriate Snapchat messages to a 13 year old girl

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Somewhere, CM Punk has become incredibly bitter that The Rock has stolen another Wrestlemania Main event away from him.

It’s fine, he can still have Night 1, 3rd main event

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Taffy Torpedo posted:

So what's Austin Theory's deal? He beat Cena and now gets to be in a segment with The Rock so they must like him but is he actually good or what?

He's like The Miz with less charisma.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Theory is a guy that they decided had to be a big deal when he got signed to EVOLVE (probably scouted by WWE and they got Gabe to hire him) and they're now just committed to him despite having zero charisma, being kinda gross to look at when he flexes, only being decent in ring and accusations of being a nonce.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

He passes the airport test in that he should be stopped by the authorities at the airport

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Wait WHAT

Edit - Oh, I thought you meant he'd been accused again. Carry on.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 16, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Intruder posted:

that's how you get a push in the fed these days, pal

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

usual amounts of WWE noncery, nothing to remark upon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

The Rock is cool

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Trying posted:

He passes the airport test in that he should be stopped by the authorities at the airport

Are you confusing him and Matt Riddle?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Looks like over a hundred people were let go yesterday.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When they sack corporate/back room types does the WWE wish them the best with their future endeavours also?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Serperoth posted:

Are you confusing him and Matt Riddle?

No, Austin Theory was also a nonce case

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It is definitely an exciting time to be a member of the TKO family

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

When they sack corporate/back room types does the WWE wish them the best with their future endeavours also?

Endeavor fired them so they don't have much a future with them at all.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Taffy Torpedo posted:

He has everything you want in a wrestler except anything that makes him entertaining.

He’s also one of the only real young guys they have, so they’re going to really try to make him a thing, at least until they’re forced to push their nxt crop once the older guys start leaving

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Taffy Torpedo posted:

He’s a sex pest with too many teeth.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

jackofarcades posted:

He has everything you want in a wrestler except anything that makes him entertaining.

He’s also one of the only real young guys they have, so they’re going to really try to make him a thing, at least until they’re forced to push their nxt crop once the older guys start leaving

how long until he is fed to roman

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dudes got dolphin teeth. And it's on porpoise.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/westaustralian/status/1703008501570687092?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Bring Nathan Jones home, WWE!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Nathan Jones sprinting off into the Australian wilderness as soon as his plane home touched tarmac and eventually starring in a Mad Max movie is a powerful notion that I think on often. It’s only wrestling, after all

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Featuring famous Aussie WWE stars like Rhea Ripley, Kevin Owens, and Roman Reigns

(pre-emptive :thejoke: here)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Featuring famous Aussie WWE stars like Rhea Ripley, Kevin Owens, and Roman Reigns

(pre-emptive :thejoke: here)

Roman probably won't even be there.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

haunted bong posted:

how long until he is fed to roman

he had the briefcase but got utterly punked anytime he showed up around Roman, so he eventually gave up and cashed in on the US title

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I watched the rock return segment on youtube and the crowd sweetening was unbearable. The fans were chanting 'rocky' and i couldn't even hear it over the looped 3 second crowd cheer.

How do you sweeten teh rock????

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Need the Colossus of Boggo Road

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Never liked the rock because he always kept my guys from real title reigns like Foley, stupid catchphrases about eating pussy got old. About as racist as HHH with all the anti asian stuff rock did.

Don’t want CM Punk in WWE, it’s bot going to be as funny in a hyper controlled environment like the fed, it’ll just be skinny fat sloppy matches against folks I don’t care about. WWE is just a Cody/Roman show mixed in with enjoyable women’s wrestling and characters for me.

Hopefully they both stay away but they’ll probably be hitting their moves on Cody and drinking beer with Steve Austin at Wrestlemania and Cody ends up a heel commissioner or something

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

running back to the company that hated you and purposefully sent you your release during your wedding then sued you to drain your bank account - just to try to stick it to the company that gave you literally anything you asked for and built the company (and a weekly show) around you but you couldn't physically stop yourself from loving it all up is definitely a cm punk thing to do lol

I really hope it's true

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cm punk seems like the kind of guy who gets maddest about whoever slighted him most recently not whoever slighted him the most

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was gonna say, if there's a positive to take away (aside from how funny it is and how much it fucks Cody over which is also funny), it's that if this could get fixed by something dumber and pettier, him and Colt could definitely someday become friends again, if that's a thing you want to see/care about. This seemed harder for both sides to get past than that does

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Unless Colt Cabana can help him with a thumb in the eye to someone else who upset him I very much doubt they’ll be reconciling.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
incredible lols that they finally got the Rock to come back and the guy they chose to give the rub to is a loving announcer

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That's not fair. Pat McAfee no longer works as an announcer for WWF.

Plus, they also let The Rock work with the guy who got the rub of going over Cena at WrestleMania and completely squandered it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Well he is maybe the most mainstream famous person in their roster.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kennel posted:

Well he is maybe the most mainstream famous person in their roster.

Logan Paul.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

xbilkis posted:

That's not fair. Pat McAfee no longer works as an announcer for WWF.

Plus, they also let The Rock work with the guy who got the rub of going over Cena at WrestleMania and completely squandered it

Some people just have charisma oozing out of their pores, Pat does which is why ESPN wanted him, Rock does which is why Hollywood wanted him, Theory does not.
It's not impossible to change that perception (Rock is a Grade A example) but all the promos and rubs in the world won't help if your character is seen as time to use the bathroom.

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wonder if Punk goes to WWE if he still talks poo poo in promos on the bucks and hangman lol