Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

freeedr posted:

It’s so loving painfully cringy. Of course an incel would boil attractiveness down to a “level” of straightforward appearance like some goddamn video game. What a loving moron.

Also even if you are talking purely physical appearance, what defines your “level”? You’re never going to be appealing to everybody. Every single person on Earth has different taste in partners. Just deciding you should be someone’s cup of tea without their input is some psychopathic poo poo.

Yeah, looks is super subjective. I had one girlfriend that absolutely hated when I had a beard and another that didn't like it when I shaved. These were both before I turned 30 and the ravages of time had started to take their toll, so the beard wasn't just about covering up my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why does it stop at 9.5 i wont read the chart. Is true perfection the remove of god or something

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

projecthalaxy posted:

Why does it stop at 9.5 i wont read the chart. Is true perfection the remove of god or something

Literally god, yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Perestroika posted:

If you would like to despise humanity a little more, there's an entire community (on reddit, where else) dedicated to rating people's attractiveness. They have made a whole pseudoscience of it, with mods literally warning or banning users for rating people too high. For some psychic damage, check their rating guides (linked rather than embedded cause they're huge and also hosed up):

https://i.imgur.com/Fqws99Z.png
https://i.imgur.com/soZ3OuP.jpg

That is equal parts disgusting and hilarious. They think Sandra Oh is a 3? what the gently caress? No wonder incels can't gently caress their "lookmatch" they could believe they are an average 5 and thus need to date someone who looks like literal movie star Saiorse Ronan

The male one is hilarious in a different way in that the 9.5 people look really weird to me, like their eyes are slightly too far apart or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The "elbows too sharp, would not" meme is like 15 years old at this point.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Morpheus posted:

I hate that I know this word exists. I wish I could activate something to instantly purge it from my mind.
It's been hours and it keeps popping into my head.

looksmatch

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Literally god, yeah.

So Chris Hemsworth should be a 10

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Byzantine posted:

So Chris Hemsworth should be a 10

He's an 8.5, Anthony Mackie is a 5.0, just for reference purposes.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Literally god, yeah.

For religious history this is very apt because romantic love was something regarded to belong between man and God.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Air Skwirl posted:

The male one is hilarious in a different way in that the 9.5 people look really weird to me, like their eyes are slightly too far apart or something.
There's a thing they call "hunter eyes" that you get full points for. Not googling.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Eyes fell out of my head when I saw how low-ranked Avan Jogia and Steven Yeun, two of the most handsome men on this planet, are.

They aren't white, which I'm sure is just a big ol' huge coincidence!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

Eyes fell out of my head when I saw how low-ranked Avan Jogia and Steven Yeun, two of the most handsome men on this planet, are.

They aren't white, which I'm sure is just a big ol' huge coincidence!

I love Steven Yeun, he is gorgeous and adorable and charismatic. 2/10 because he's too tan, too short, and doesn't have double-eyelids

Korean beauty standards are also loving wild

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This is all honestly kind of depressing, isn't it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

sebmojo posted:

This is all honestly kind of depressing, isn't it

New thread title

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I mean it would be, but I’m hot.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There's a thing they call "hunter eyes" that you get full points for. Not googling.

Peak performance is having eyes on the side of your head so you can spot predators and protect the pack.

Well, there's also flounder eyes, but that's the hypothetical unattainable 10.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Warbird posted:

I mean it would be, but I’m hot.

Let's get the scoring judges in here

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

steinrokkan posted:

Peak performance is having eyes on the side of your head so you can spot predators and protect the pack.

tell me you didnt see today’s TierZoo without telling me.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Gennerveevy/status/1702667537287418109?t=gNUtfXbexPEIJmppX2bSig&s=19

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Parallelwoody posted:

A lotta yall still don't get it

Incels can use multiple looksmatch on a single femcel

So if you have 1 femcel and 3 looksmatch you can create 3 incels

Tonight's looksmatch mint event is essentially a minting event for both incels and volcels.

I can never not hear this in the master shake voice

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

freeedr posted:

It’s so loving painfully cringy. Of course an incel would boil attractiveness down to a “level” of straightforward appearance like some goddamn video game. What a loving moron.

Also even if you are talking purely physical appearance, what defines your “level”? You’re never going to be appealing to everybody. Every single person on Earth has different taste in partners. Just deciding you should be someone’s cup of tea without their input is some psychopathic poo poo.

Broadly it is observing the concept of a beauty standard, and then instead of realising that those are constructed and kind of arbitrary, they instead decide that they are objective, eternal, and the most important thing.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

zoux posted:

The "elbows too sharp, would not" meme is like 15 years old at this point.

its older than that, it was a joke in my high school and i'm 41

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

Broadly it is observing the concept of a beauty standard, and then instead of realising that those are constructed and kind of arbitrary, they instead decide that they are objective, eternal, and the most important thing.

I figure it's grasping for an explanation of why they aren't getting laid. That conveniently avoids any self reflection or accountability.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Hyperlynx posted:

I figure it's grasping for an explanation of why they aren't getting laid. That conveniently avoids any self reflection or accountability.

but it doesnt even explain that cause most of them would be in the lower part of the male list too

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
A part of me feels sorry for incels, since they're the most pathetic victims of toxic masculinity. Then I remember that they also work the hardest to perpetuate it, and have invented at least a dozen new types of misogyny.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Morpheus posted:

I hate that I know this word exists. I wish I could activate something to instantly purge it from my mind.

You know what this poo poo reminds me of? Newspeak from 1984, except many fold more idiotic.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

zoux posted:

What's a looksmatch, like someone who is exactly in your league?

https://youtu.be/PtMU8nvZzOs

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

This doesn't make any sense. How do they know she made a mistake (or that the article was written by a woman) unless they click and read it?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Akratic Method posted:

This doesn't make any sense. How do they know she made a mistake (or that the article was written by a woman) unless they click and read it?

Because somebody shares a link to it and posts saying ‘look at this dumb woman, she’s wrong about x’.

More shares = more clicks.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

It's literally explained in the tweet you quoted :confused:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Ah poo poo you're right, it's early and my brain blanked "and sharing". In my head they were just commenting on her article with corrections.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
The easiest way to get the right answer on the internet is the purposefully post the wrong answer.

It’s Murphy’s Law.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

mds2 posted:

The easiest way to get the right answer on the internet is the purposefully post the wrong answer.

It’s Murphy’s Law.

Actually it's-

dangit

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Akratic Method posted:

Ah poo poo you're right, it's early and my brain blanked "and sharing". In my head they were just commenting on her article with corrections.

Legit thought you were posting bait to encourage people to correct you lol

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Hyperlynx posted:

This is way too generous of a reading, it's a deliberate attempt to gaslight women into hating their faces. Jarvis Johnson talks about it in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d83P_dxy1XA
Relevant part at 7:23

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

mds2 posted:

It’s Murphy’s Law.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I just realized he looks like handsome squidward

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
He's had a lot of work done

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Perestroika posted:

If you would like to despise humanity a little more, there's an entire community (on reddit, where else) dedicated to rating people's attractiveness. They have made a whole pseudoscience of it, with mods literally warning or banning users for rating people too high. For some psychic damage, check their rating guides (linked rather than embedded cause they're huge and also hosed up):

https://i.imgur.com/Fqws99Z.png
https://i.imgur.com/soZ3OuP.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I remember a really funny/weird interaction on another messageboard where a guy simply could not believe that most of the women posting in a thread would not be interested in going on a date with Cristiano Ronaldo.
There were about 5-6 of us replying and it was mostly stuff like, he seems very egotistical and vain, doubt we'd have anything to talk about etc.
But the original guy was just completely unable to get past the knowledge that CR is very famous, very rich, extremely fit and arguably very handsome - so literally every straight/bi woman on the planet ought to be attracted to him.

The concept that attractiveness cannot be reduced to a set of very basic variables was completely beyond him.