Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I kind of like the infra knife, I just like how it kinda saws its way through the enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Is there a better way to repair found ships? It seems like a crazy amount of resources to to fix it all up

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

screaden posted:

Is there a better way to repair found ships? It seems like a crazy amount of resources to to fix it all up

Launcher and thrusters then sell at the station

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

screaden posted:

pirate stations sell repair modules or whatever they're called.

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."
Unless you want a specific ship model, it would be easier to find a crashed sentinel interceptor on a dissonant planet. They come with all the modules already repaired.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

screaden posted:

There is not, with the sole mentioned caveat of "buying repair kits", which makes the actual repairing just as much of a hassle but the combination of easily-found materials and repair kits for the more expensive/harder to source bits can help speed up/make the process cheaper.

That said, every system's ship pool is fixed-- if you find a crashed one you like the look of, you can head to the space station or trade outpost and wait for that exact design to show up eventually and buy it outright, without needing to repair it at all. Whether or not "waiting for a ship to spawn" is faster than "repairing the ship you already have" will vary based on how much of the poo poo you already have in your pockets, but it is an option

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's a good Day 1 way to make some money but yeah, don't bother repairing them above the minimum needed to get them to the station and scrap them, recovering sentinel ships are way more profitable for this reason.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
You can also just claim the ship, set it to your ship at the nexus or your freighter, warp to the space station, and sell it that way.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Spanish Matlock posted:

You can also just claim the ship, set it to your ship at the nexus or your freighter, warp to the space station, and sell it that way.

This is exactly what I do. Don't even bother repairing the launcher. Just make sure your working ship is nearby when you claim the broken one or you'll be stuck with having to repair it just to leave the planet.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Savage Bliss posted:

This is exactly what I do. Don't even bother repairing the launcher. Just make sure your working ship is nearby when you claim the broken one or you'll be stuck with having to repair it just to leave the planet.

Can't you set your current ship thru the menu, similar to setting your current weapon?

Then just summon it to you.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You can summon any ship while on a planet but whichever you most recently got in is your "current" ship.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
There's a decent stretch of the game where you'll end up with one or more of your ships out of launch thruster fuel which means they won't come to you when called.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Hopper posted:

Is there any advantage to doing all the sidequest hiring the those guys for weapons, science etc on my base or should I just buy all those recipes? The quests seem to take forever

If you can afford the recipes then go for it, but some of the stuff they give are difficult to get, expensive and at least used to be time gated (not sure if it still works this way but it used to be you could only get so many recipes from factories in a certain amount of time)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Finally got the expedition done. The crash issue I had hasn't been fixed but I got the game to start by unplugging the ethernet cable. :what:

Probably the lamest expedition to date, just painful all around even without the progress-killing bugs. The rewards are neat at least, got my little Fix-It from Batteries Not Included hovering around.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I didn't find it all that hard, just boring. I didn't find the rewards all that great either, mainly because I already have one robot pet and now I have to choose between them. Give me the ability to have more robots!

I cheated for the hostile planet and one other achievement though, just found coords on reddit.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah I had to look up glyphs for the corrosive creature back when it was bugged so I just logged out on that planet, then it was fixed, but the game crashed every time I tried to log back in until I did the ethernet cable trick and got the milestone.

Anyway, I wish I could do gestures for photo mode on PS5, would've made this picture even jollier

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I see the old ‘you currently need this element, now no planet has it or is it for sale anywhere’ thing is still ongoing.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I see the old ‘you currently need this element, now no planet has it or is it for sale anywhere’ thing is still ongoing.

All of the major biome-specific minerals (ammonia / toxic, dioxite / cold, paraffinium / lush, phosphorus / hot, pyrite / desert, uranium / radioactive) can be purchased randomly from landed pilots (such as at a space station) if you're patient enough.

Even if you're not in a system which includes any planet of that flavor.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

The real solution is to buy insane amounts of ferrite, gold, metal plates and other base building materials and then put down extraction bases for every element you don't want to waste time searching for.

Though if you go down that route, eventually you'll have so many multiple 9999 stacks of everything, that poo poo will fill up every single attempt of you expanding your inventory.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I need Cadmium, and i swear a planet in my base’s system used to have it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Cadmium is a chromatic metal, and chromatic metals are reliably found on every planet orbiting a star of that metal’s color. You can’t mine them in systems of a different color.

So to progress through the star access upgrades on the ship(s) engines, you need copper, then cadmium, then emeril. To get those metals, you go specifically to the stars your last engine upgrade gave you access to.

The issue you’re probably running into is that a substantial majority of red-class systems are uninhabited. If you’re only going to inhabited systems, you’ll have a hard time mining.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 23, 2023

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if you find a planet with cadmium listed at position 1, migjt as well build a mini base with teleporter there. Same for emeril and other rare resources.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You can also sometimes just use other people's mega refinery's and stuff too. Plus it's fun to see other people's bases

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Or that, but enabling MP caused issues so I turned it off for now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Khanstant posted:

You can also sometimes just use other people's mega refinery's and stuff too. Plus it's fun to see other people's bases
My frame rate starts getting conniptions whenever multi comes into play in any capacity; even the Anomaly feels markedly different. Idk what it is. My rig and internet connection are both good.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Or that, but enabling MP caused issues so I turned it off for now.

You can still visit other people's bases and abuse all their poo poo, even without MP. Hell, the anomaly still allows you open access to the current MVP-player-bases, even.

They're just harder to find, except for the couple planets that are completely overflowing with population. Any planet near the galactic core will often have multiple player messages and poo poo blasting your UI, for example.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Is there a trick to killing sentinel battleships? I have taken down their shields and blown up all their weapon turrets. The UI says "Shields Disabled // Hull Vulnerable". I blast it with the main guns and the shot gun and nothing happens. The game UI registers the hits but no damage numbers come up. I have shot it all over but there doesn't seem to be a weak point. Googling gives some results but almost every reply to someone asking this question says they have never seen it before nor is there a work around. It also does not seem to be an acknowledged bug so maybe there is something that I am doing or not doing that is causing this?

A video of what is going on https://streamable.com/94iv5w

Additional information if it matters- B class ship. Have several S or A class enhancements mounted on the ship for the weapons. Do I just need a better ship before I can take these down?

edit: I am partially inclined to think there is something obvious I am not doing because every time I have triggered this and/or run into 2 separate pirate battles, the capital ships and or occasionally fighters ships cannot be damaged. But some people claim it is a bug.

MikeC fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 23, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The_Doctor posted:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MikeC posted:

Is there a trick to killing sentinel battleships? I have taken down their shields and blown up all their weapon turrets. The UI says "Shields Disabled // Hull Vulnerable". I blast it with the main guns and the shot gun and nothing happens. The game UI registers the hits but no damage numbers come up. I have shot it all over but there doesn't seem to be a weak point. Googling gives some results but almost every reply to someone asking this question says they have never seen it before nor is there a work around. It also does not seem to be an acknowledged bug so maybe there is something that I am doing or not doing that is causing this?

A video of what is going on https://streamable.com/94iv5w

Additional information if it matters- B class ship. Have several S or A class enhancements mounted on the ship for the weapons. Do I just need a better ship before I can take these down?

edit: I am partially inclined to think there is something obvious I am not doing because every time I have triggered this and/or run into 2 separate pirate battles, the capital ships and or occasionally fighters ships cannot be damaged. But some people claim it is a bug.

That sounds like a bug-- I need to double check but I'm pretty sure on the Pirate battleships, you can do some damage on bare hull, with full shields. It's not a ton and it's way more efficient to hit the weak spots that take huge chunks of health off the health bar, but it's not "no damage at all" either.

I killed a sentinel battleship with a super undergeared ship early in the expedition, but I think that was also before sentinel battleships had been explicitly retrofitted with the shield generators and poo poo-- so it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if that retrofitting resulted in some unexpected issues. Gonna test and report back.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Gonna test and report back.

Yeah, sentinel battleships take damage just fine on PC once the shield generators are down, numbers pop up and all that, you're seeing something bugged.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

If you are right at the edge of atmosphere then the battleship will not be hittable, in my case it also doesn't render -- but it can fire at you just fine. Looks to me like that is what's going on. Get higher above the planet and make really sure you're damaging it, it's annoying because the capital ship will just sit there right at the border like a shithead.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Yeah, sentinel battleships take damage just fine on PC once the shield generators are down, numbers pop up and all that, you're seeing something bugged.

Flesh Forge posted:

If you are right at the edge of atmosphere then the battleship will not be hittable, in my case it also doesn't render -- but it can fire at you just fine. Looks to me like that is what's going on. Get higher above the planet and make really sure you're damaging it, it's annoying because the capital ship will just sit there right at the border like a shithead.

Thanks for checking it out / suggestions. I don't think it is the atmosphere thing. Like I am 0 for 6 being able to damage capital ships. Maybe it is the ship I am in that is bugged. Will try to buy a new one.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It's pretty weird to have a pet that's a copy of your own head

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, batteries not included

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, batteries not included

I called mine "Fix-It" because that was the first thing I thought of too.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

After being cock blocked again on my ship, I plunked down 10 million for a class A ship, moved all my weapons over and it worked. Not sure if it is coincidence or whether it was that particular ship that was bugged or whether the class of ship is an issue or not.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I really doubt ship class is designed to be a factor, maybe your ship was just bugged somehow :shrug:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So I've been playing for some time now and a lot of bugs are starting to show up. On my ROG Ally, it runs fine but some models just don't show up, like chunks of ships are missing and poo poo takes waaaay longer than it used to to load a scene like the inside of freighter. On my PC last night I had to protect my settlement from sentinels but wound up having to run away because they are just so loving strong plus they make my PC chug hard when I try to fight them making it tough to fight them. Oh and there are graphical glitches that make things hard to see. I'm enjoying the game but drat some poo poo doesn't work right sometimes.

Also, the physics of freighter is weird. If you fall of your freighter near a planet you'll fall all the way down to the planet's surface. Not a bug, just interesting.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I got a starfield code with a CPU, and I have to say playing starfield just makes me want to play nms instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah same although I have already done all the new stuff since the last update.

It’s pretty much like someone glued fallout 4 to early NMS.

Overall I do like it though.