Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Jesus Christ, did Megan Fox call and leave all her lines as a voice mail recording? I refuse to believe a director listened to any of these one take wonders and was like "yup, got it, that's the line reading we wanted".

At least Rousey knew how to emote, this is so dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

she doesn't even do her own pain screams and grunts, they called in like a stunt voice for that. It's ridiculous lol

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

PostNouveau posted:

Only had time to play the tutorial invasion, but already very doubtful I'm going to like it nearly as much as the Towers of Time. Those were such great single player content, and this seems like it's going to have way less replayability.

Going back to this, I think invasion is way better than towers of time cause theres way more variety and a goal in beating the areas buttttt

if you are crazy about towers, one of the invasion mesas forever is just actually towers of times, bunch of randomized towers that change every hour/day/etc. So its still in the game, just part of invasion

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Babe Magnet posted:

she doesn't even do her own pain screams and grunts, they called in like a stunt voice for that. It's ridiculous lol
It’s a mercy. I can’t imagine what feeble moans she’d turn in.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
It's old hat at this point but I am still lolling at the Tarkatan retcon though.
"So basically, Baraka, from my POV your people are basically a literal disease."
God drat, Liu Kang. God drat.

EDIT: Well it's not a retcon per se. What do you call a canon in-universe retcon?

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

I miss intro dialogues right before battles. I understand you can still view them through local matches but I have no one to play with locally lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

It’s a mercy. I can’t imagine what feeble moans she’d turn in.

maybe but like, drat girl you can't even do your own evil vampire hiss??? that's like half the fun of playing a vampire

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Having played through the story mode I am very much on the fence about everything to do with MK1, which is very much how I've always felt about MK since MK2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/602943045910003742/1152443083645014046/ehmtkyp0vfob1.mp4

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Was watching AF0xyGrampa earlier and lol that Ashrah can throw into a combo using Scorpion as a kameo.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Watched a video of the fatalities and there are some really cracking ones but I think it hits home how tired I am of seeing "so and so has all their limbs chopped off and then their head" fatalities. So while stuff like Kenshi's fatalities and Ashrah's with the weird light chain were underwhelming, the Baraka fatality that ends with a barbeque is fantastic, same for Liu Kang's black hole and Geras' time loop. I also appreciated that some of them were call-backs like Reptile ripping your head off with his tongue or Kitana's deadly kiss and of course the kameo fatalities being all old-school was super cool. Yay gore! :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The story is so freaking stupid that you kind of have to love it. When all the characters are practically winking at the camera as they say the titles of the previous MK games in all their dialogue you can’t help but laugh.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I need a full game of Johnny shooting a film

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

DeadButDelicious posted:

Watched a video of the fatalities and there are some really cracking ones but I think it hits home how tired I am of seeing "so and so has all their limbs chopped off and then their head" fatalities. So while stuff like Kenshi's fatalities and Ashrah's with the weird light chain were underwhelming, the Baraka fatality that ends with a barbeque is fantastic, same for Liu Kang's black hole and Geras' time loop. I also appreciated that some of them were call-backs like Reptile ripping your head off with his tongue or Kitana's deadly kiss and of course the kameo fatalities being all old-school was super cool. Yay gore! :)

The Scorpion one where he summons more Scorpions a la UMK3 loving owns hard

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I think I will make Li Mei my Li Mein. She's got a decent projectile, good air control with lantern, all right pressure with her 12 string, a very good DP, and a few ways to hit overhead to open people up to her low combo starter. Her generic B&B from neutral gets 36% for one bar of meter, in MK11 you'd have to sell your soul for that kind of damage. Kind of stubby range but it doesn't matter for the first week of kombat when nobody's blocking. It's unfortunate that her characterization is kind of boring but what can ya do.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

exquisite tea posted:

The story is so freaking stupid that you kind of have to love it. When all the characters are practically winking at the camera as they say the titles of the previous MK games in all their dialogue you can’t help but laugh.

Yeah I really liked the story, it felt like a classic martial arts movie, which is the intention I think. I don't think it was meant to break hearts or change minds etc.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Beat story mode. Lmao owned.

Clearly gonna be some story dlx too, enough room on that screen for another 4 acta :getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Might be a stupid question but where do I actually spend all these seasonal koins I'm building up?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There's a lot of pre-fight banter talking about Raiden having a sister. She'll probably be a character at some point, but I wonder if she'll be a new character or another reimagined old character.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

exquisite tea posted:

Might be a stupid question but where do I actually spend all these seasonal koins I'm building up?

The store, press start on the main menu

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Rhonne posted:

There's a lot of pre-fight banter talking about Raiden having a sister. She'll probably be a character at some point, but I wonder if she'll be a new character or another reimagined old character.

I could be misremembering but I think there's some lines stating that his sister is fujin

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

liu kang: fujin in my original timeline got that glowup, got drat! What if i made Fuji a woman 🤔

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

Going back to this, I think invasion is way better than towers of time cause theres way more variety and a goal in beating the areas buttttt

if you are crazy about towers, one of the invasion mesas forever is just actually towers of times, bunch of randomized towers that change every hour/day/etc. So its still in the game, just part of invasion

Awesome!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

pretty soft girl posted:

I could be misremembering but I think there's some lines stating that his sister is fujin

That would make sense. Liu Kang only met Fujin like once, so this is what happens when he recreates someone off of a vague memory.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

DeadButDelicious posted:

I’m just glad there aren’t a ton fatalities where eyeballs pop out for no reason instead of just getting obliterated.
Someone in charge of fatalities in 11 must have been obsessed with eyeballs, and it got pretty old for me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I've been loving the kameo fatalities because they're short and too the point. The classics are classic for a reason.

Scorpions gang war is great too. His default unlocked fatality is too reminiscent of NRS post mk9 excesses with a bunch of unnecessary mutilation.

For the kameos i think they've all been very strong. Sub, Sonya, Kano, Goro, Jax, Cyrax, and scorpion have been my favorite.

(i love that they have the collapsing burned skeleton pose used in sonyas but specifically made kameo Scorps toasty fatality the exploding body one with all the extra bones!!)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

yeah liu kang telling raiden or whoever that he "would NEVER send someone into mortal kombat" got a big laugh from us

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I wonder how long it'll take the modders to make the mash-ups playable, and whether they'll be interesting to play rather than see?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jerkface posted:

liu kang: fujin in my original timeline got that glowup, got drat! What if i made Fuji a woman 🤔

With some of those final chapter variants they should go the whole hog and add a genderflip switch to the character select screen

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ultimate nitpick but I cant stand the beige life/EX bars. I wouldn't pay for it, but it would be cool if you could unlock the klassic UI elements from previous games.

Watching some vids earlier, and I'm still a bit uneasy at all the juggling and how easy it is to get bounced, plus the involvement of kameos to further extend combos. I still think I'm gonna get the game next week.

Can anyone recommend any tips or reading material for someone who hasn't played the last 2 games?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well I completed the invasion.

Eh. I’m not sure how often I’ll dip into this aspect. I kinda liked 11’s setup better. It’s a nice idea to condense all the towers and seasonal stuff and unlocks into one single mode but it ends up feeling a little too repetitive and long in the tooth. I miss having a krypt to bepop around in and I’d prefer to just be selective about what towers and unlocks I want.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The thing that annoys me the most about invasions is that most of the battles are just one round. You can’t even get into a good groove!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The opponents in the final chapter are randomly generated. They really want you playing this multiple times.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Last chapter: With the last chapter and all the green in the final stage, I was at least 50% convinced Exor from War Gods would be a cameo

I'm a bit disappointed it didn't happen

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lammasu posted:

The opponents in the final chapter are randomly generated. They really want you playing this multiple times.

they aren't totally random, there's just a big pool the game pulls from.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Billy Gnosis posted:

Last chapter: With the last chapter and all the green in the final stage, I was at least 50% convinced Exor from War Gods would be a cameo

I'm a bit disappointed it didn't happen

I kind of wonder if they considered throwing in weirdos from war gods/no-show jobbers from the 3d era/rumors into the mix but realized every Twitter weirdo would start whining that they should be playable. mk has a tradition of weird fan OCs becoming real and this was the exact perfect time to throw a bunch in

Frankly I'm surprised they put the kombat kids in, I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be big mad when the game gets its general release

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

pretty soft girl posted:

I kind of wonder if they considered throwing in weirdos from war gods/no-show jobbers from the 3d era/rumors into the mix but realized every Twitter weirdo would start whining that they should be playable. mk has a tradition of weird fan OCs becoming real and this was the exact perfect time to throw a bunch in

I would have loved to see Khrome, Nimbus, Art Lean, Hydro, etc.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
All the guys Mr GStar warned us about

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
loving Lord Megan Fox is so BAD.

If Rhonda Rousey sucked so bad she killed off Sonya, don't look forward to Nitara ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Diabetic posted:

loving Lord Megan Fox is so BAD.

If Rhonda Rousey sucked so bad she killed off Sonya, don't look forward to Nitara ever again.

No one looked forward to her in the first place. Like her inclusion feels like a joke to begin with