Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!

Shard posted:

I wonder if Punk goes to WWE if he still talks poo poo in promos on the bucks and hangman lol

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

running back to the company that hated you and purposefully sent you your release during your wedding then sued you to drain your bank account - just to try to stick it to the company that gave you literally anything you asked for and built the company (and a weekly show) around you but you couldn't physically stop yourself from loving it all up is definitely a cm punk thing to do lol

I really hope it's true
It’s baffling. With Cody, you can almost give it a pass as anyone who watched any of the shows TBS gave him can attest, Cody is a deeply dumb carnie man. Love the guy and all but… he’s dumb as rocks. Punk? Punk is supposed to be smart and, for a long time, was supposed to be one of US. His super goony AEW meltdown when given the keys to the kingdom was sad and depressing; but, as one who listened to the Punk Departure/WWE sucks Colt podcast on day one (not ish) I can officially say… this is gonna be hilarious. Godspeed Punk, you Demi god of spite. May flights of angels sing thee to thy next lawsuit.

Hopefully nobody else shares bank accounts with their mother.

Shard posted:

I wonder if Punk goes to WWE if he still talks poo poo in promos on the bucks and hangman lol
100%. Vince won’t even have to ask. Hands completely clean.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shard posted:

duh, all wwe did was fire him on his wedding day, make him wrestle regularly with a staph infection, and sued him for the specific purpose of making him miserable and ruin relationships. What the Elite did is way worse

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would prefer Punk wrestles for a company whose vision of wrestling doesn't piss me off so much but I don't think there's any of those left that can actually pay him anyway, so, whatever.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At this point I'm convinced Cody's plan the entire time was to get back to WWE. Not that he specifically plotted out "I'm gonna go join the Elite and then wait for Meltzer to tweet something so I can run an indie show that gets a lot of attention and that'll led to me getting an EVP job at WWE's biggest competitor in decades" but he knew he had to do something to get Vince's attention in a way that'd get him the main event treatment when he came back and the fact that the Elite/All In/AEW pipeline happened was just the perfect series of events to make that happen.

Punk, meanwhile, seems to be motivated entirely by spite towards whoever slighted him most recently and if that means getting in bed with someone who slighted him in the past he's fine with that, even if the things they did to him were far, far worse. At least until he has another meltdown cause someone backstage liked a tweet that was mildly critical of him and the cycle begins anew.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk's 2026 AEW run is going to be great

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

You’d think Punk couldnt have possibly taken too many blows to the head during his mma career of two matches but then you watch them

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Drakkel posted:

Punk, meanwhile, seems to be motivated entirely by spite towards whoever slighted him most recently and if that means getting in bed with someone who slighted him in the past he's fine with that, even if the things they did to him were far, far worse. At least until he has another meltdown cause someone backstage liked a tweet that was mildly critical of him and the cycle begins anew.

I could be hilariously wrong, but I think Punk would mostly behave himself if he went back to WWE.

I knew a woman once who had worked at IBM and at a Silicon Valley startup. She said the startup was constant drama, egos, childishness, and even screaming. She couldn't believe how these people acted with so much money at stake. It wasn't like any other job she ever had.

At IBM, there was typical workplace drama, but nothing crazy.

I've always thought the difference was that at the startup, the company was young and the staff was pretty small, so people felt like they had more of a voice, and when they felt like they weren't being heard or there was conflict, they blew up because nothing kept them in check.

At a huge multinational that's been around forever, people know they don't matter and they're just there for the paycheck and benefits.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

I would prefer Punk wrestles for a company whose vision of wrestling doesn't piss me off so much but I don't think there's any of those left that can actually pay him anyway, so, whatever.

He did and he hated it there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wwe should give him stupid gimmicks and make him come out in sailors suits with big lollies and rename him flubby phil and give him new catchphrases like "i done got a baseball on me bum-bum" and make him so mad they can fire him for cause and insist they feared for their lives

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’d argue they’ll go out of their way to book him sensibly to stick it to AEW but lol Cody

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’d argue they’ll go out of their way to book him sensibly to stick it to AEW but lol Cody

They'll book him mostly sensibly for a few weeks so they get some good headlines and thinkpiece videos before doing what they always do but try to ride out that initial good will.

So yeah just like Cody

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
JOBBING TO PUNK
CODY RHODES

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
They will book him OK-ish for three weeks and then he will get hurt, WWE stans are going to lose their minds over the ~potential~ in his return!

Also, quoting myself from a little over a week ago:

Grendels Dad posted:

lol who gives a poo poo about The Rock's last match anymore? It's abundantly clear he will be back eventually. It's honestly pretty pathetic of both Vince and The Rock how they are playing around with the expectations around the match against Roman; it's going to loving happen. Maybe not next year, or the year after, but it will happen and there will be a million lovely ads for it when it does, trying to convince everybody that this was actually worth the wait.

And then five years after The Rock will have a five-second squash against Doink's grandson and die five days later, who loving cares?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He’s a sex pest with too many teeth.

Shard posted:

I wonder if WWE crowds will be smarky enough to chant Colt Cabana at him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

weekly font posted:

You’d think Punk couldnt have possibly taken too many blows to the head during his mma career of two matches but then you watch them

Brock's early mma striking looked great until he started training kickboxing and became scared of getting hit in the face. Phil was probably going fencing mode constantly in training

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

motherfucker looks like he caught tarkat

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

This dude looks like a monstrous villain in a manga or something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Critical posted:

motherfucker looks like he caught tarkat

nah thats literally MK1 Havik with his stupid loving hair

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Soul Glo posted:

This dude looks like a monstrous villain in a manga or something

He looks like someone took a Baki character and photoshopped realistic human skin over them

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Intruder posted:

is this what he allegedly sent to a 13 year old girl over snapchat? if so, lock him up.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Intruder posted:

GAH

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

is this what he allegedly sent to a 13 year old girl over snapchat? if so, lock him up.

The police let him go saying "This is clearly a fake photo, no human could possibly look like this."

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
picture looks like ai generated ethan page

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spoiling one of the creatures in Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 3 (Part 2)

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Intruder posted:

post the full picture

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hefty Leftist posted:

post the full picture

So that’s where he got the idea to dye his hair black and grow a tiny lovely mustache

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Spoiling one of the creatures in Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 3 (Part 2)

Extremely loving illegal that there's still two months to go.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/bigtimeEST/status/1702862342575309245?t=-2PnBoCnLaVSxnc0vM7dGg&s=19

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
you know the forum's changed when a live appearance of the rock on wwe tv only garners ~4 pages of discussion

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
if punk goes back to wwe will he be drafted to raw or smackdown or will he be an unrestricted free agent???

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Coaaab posted:

you know the forum's changed when a live appearance of the rock on wwe tv only garners ~4 pages of discussion

lol it's the diminishing returns of bringing back the same handful of 'legends' over and over again and wwe expecting their fans to forget cena and the rock were just there a few months ago or whatever

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s weird smackdown is the main show now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if punk signs on with wwe cody may as well take the stardust gear in to make sure it still fits. rock is already back in the ring, if Vince gets an even bigger hotter messier ex-elite cody will be lucky to be in the ic title ladder match

cody rhodes lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This will probably be Elimination Chamber

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
personally I'm excited that Cody is actually gonna get to finally go ONE ON ONE WITH NO ONE

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

STONE COLD 64 posted:

That's an odd name. I'd've called it a dunny.

Punk and Cody should be made to face each other every week in a never-ending series of openers where they go 50/50 off of rollups and gently caress finishes until they're completely heatless, at which point the payoff will be Cody winning at WM 42 after donning the Stardust costume.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

loving marks.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Breetai posted:

That's an odd name. I'd've called it a dunny.

Punk and Cody should be made to face each other every week in a never-ending series of openers where they go 50/50 off of rollups and gently caress finishes until they're completely heatless, at which point the payoff will be Cody winning at WM 42 after donning the Stardust costume.

Let them hoover up a million people from the under-undercard, a constantly shifting and regrowing assortment of nobodies who will be exchanged the moment being in a stable threatens to elevate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

STONE COLD 64 posted:

How you think they're goiing to get all that poo poo over there? Flying or by boat?