Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Can we not lose a series to the DBacks again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Acuña's out of the lineup after his calf cramp/strain yesterday, Harris will hit leadoff

not available off the bench either, a straight up rest day. good.

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 16, 2023

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
The zipline cameras or whatever are a fun novelty at Seattle but seeing them five times an inning is getting old very quickly

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

not available off the bench either, a straight up rest day. good.
Yeah fine by me, just take him out of the lucite case often enough to get to 40/40 and otherwise keep him there until the playoffs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ozzie!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Austin!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pulled the stream up as Ozzie was rounding third, and now Riley is

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
nice that when your all-world MVP outfielder takes a rest day the top of the lineup immediately goes double-homer-homer in his absence

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Shuster immediately gonna piss this away, maybe there's something there for future seasons but he's shown nothing to indicate he has anything to offer this year's team

jfc Jared

feels like one where the Braves just nap through the rest

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 16, 2023

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

doubt you can overturn this

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
How many innings since the last non-Vlad blue jay rbi? 25?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yeah this is the end of Jared shuster with the braves probably. and maybe the MLB at all, he's just straight up not good

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

another game of the Jays throwing away the best pitching they've ever had.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Some Numbers posted:

The fact that the Astros lost to the Royals and the Mariners couldn't capitalize is pathetic.

:agreed:

Don't worry, though. Five of our next eight games are against the Royals, so the M's will likely have five more quick chances to gain on us :suicide:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

tomanton posted:

How many innings since the last non-Vlad blue jay rbi? 25?
I forgot they were shut out before the texas homerun so it's 35.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

In a different universe the Jays being so bad at base running is charming

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

lol that should have been an easy sac fly

Jays really don't want into the playoffs

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Money Mike!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bichette hosed the Jays there

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Olson ties the game and takes the Braves HR record!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Olson ties the game and takes the Braves HR record!

really nice, majestic no-doubter too

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

VARSHO

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Maybe this time they can actually small ball the third base runner over the line

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This Jays team really knows how to gently caress with you.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
That's what, 9 left on in the past four innings? Exquisite

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Jays really do not want to win this game

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

once again requesting that pitchers stop plunking Sean Murphy, even just on the toe

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol Merrifield

...!
Oct 5, 2003

elentar posted:

once again requesting that pitchers stop plunking Sean Murphy, even just on the toe

How does he compare to Ty France

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Lol the blue jays fuckin stink

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...! posted:

The Jays really do not want to win this game

...!
Oct 5, 2003

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Lol the blue jays fuckin stink

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Red Sox keep trying to hand the win to the Jays and the Jays keep saying no thank you :allears:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

did Schneider forget that he was supposed to walk the guy there with .185 Story on deck?
actually forget it; he clearly wants this to end as much as I do.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

...! posted:

How does he compare to Ty France

nowhere close (32 to 18), though he's doing it in 2/3 of the plate appearances and unlike some of the other big HBP guys he really doesn't seem to be leaning into any of them

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I'm sorry, what?!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, END! I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN!

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I'm in exactly the right amount of pain

...!
Oct 5, 2003

elentar posted:

nowhere close (32 to 18), though he's doing it in 2/3 of the plate appearances and unlike some of the other big HBP guys he really doesn't seem to be leaning into any of them

Even though I want the M's to lose as many games as possible, even I will concede that I don't think I've ever seen France lean into one. He just seems to be some kind of baseball magnet. The baseball just seems to find him somehow. For a long time the ball will look like it's gonna pass directly over the plate and then at the last second it'll suddenly turn and nail him.

It's odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Can the Jays do a solid and lose finally please!?