Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

This popped up on my FB feed, it looks like someone hanging to me.

They got Zuckerberg as a model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Rest of the year: go nuts

Except in November.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Ahahahaha, Unity's CEO got shown the door:

https://fortune.com/2023/10/10/unity-ceo-john-riccitiello-retires-video-games-engine-price-gauging-epic-unreal/

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

He still got paid though, in a just world he'd be thrown out and all his ill-gotten money taken from him

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

And it's not just the CEO, there are probably people on the board of directors who either suggested or were totally onboard with their new financial plans (or what is still left of them). They're not going to regain developer trust anytime soon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What they need to do is hire an anime studio to make a hit anime about Unity.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
The two happiest days in a CEOs life are the day they're hired, and the day they're fired.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
As pointed out by some of the folks covering this, the new CEO is one of the shareholders pushing hardest for cutthroat stuff, too.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Kerbtree posted:

As pointed out by some of the folks covering this, the new CEO is one of the shareholders pushing hardest for cutthroat stuff, too.

Seems like Riccitiello wasn’t intended as a long term ceo but a hatchet man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Pretty much the only reason CEOs ever get fired is either as scapegoats or they pissed off someone who has the real power.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Clothing section at a department store, “CLASSIC FIT” maybe.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Platystemon posted:

What am I missing, why is this bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Do you think the chair leg is a gun

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The chair leg kinda looks like he's holding a gun I guess?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I see we’ve got some police posting with us

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Honestly, I actually did think that was a gun the first time I glanced at the pic. Probably because of the 'trigger discipline' index finger.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i saw IC and was confused it wasnt ic weiner.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1717639739741032873

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Guess that'll be easier to mass produce than gamer girl bath water.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My partner gave birth this morning and that's far more disgusting than the miracle of childbirth

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Surely that doesn't even work, right? Pussy yeast surely isn't the same as brewers' yeast, right? Does it even produce alcohol? Is Dexerto even a real news source??

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would think that the species adapted to the human body would be outcompeted by wild and feral yeasts, like the ones found on grape skins or floating around the brewery.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Surely that doesn't even work, right? Pussy yeast surely isn't the same as brewers' yeast, right? Does it even produce alcohol? Is Dexerto even a real news source??

Folks used to make booze by just leaving stuff exposed to the air and whatever yeast showed up got the job. I assume you you do a big ol' scraping of vaginal yeast there could be some species in there capable of converting sugar to booze. A fancy yeast may give a particular flavour profile, but loads of yeast capable of eating sugar and pooping out alcohol and/or acid.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

That same gross company has been doing vagina beers since 2016. The news cycle completes another turn.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BRB, patenting dick cheese cheese just so that no one can commercialize it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Platystemon posted:

BRB, patenting dick cheese cheese just so that no one can commercialize it

Forever let Platystemon be known as the one who open sourced dick cheese cheese

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Len posted:

My partner gave birth this morning and that's far more disgusting than the miracle of childbirth

Congrats, hope everyone's doing well

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Len posted:

Congratulations! I was going to say why are you here but then I realized sleep may not be an option for the foreseeable future

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Congratulations! I was going to say why are you here but then I realized sleep may not be an option for the foreseeable future

Not much else to do while Mom and baby sleep

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Speaking of Amouranth, did anything ever actually happen with those huge abuse allegations she made against her husband?

Months ago (fake edit: a year ago), she came out and say he was basically forcing her to do these giant-rear end 10 or 12 hour streams, made her do the OnlyFans stuff, and was 100% in control of all her finances and even had a recording of him being very verbally abusive, and then...nothing really came of it?

Last I read, she got a ton of support but then she kind of just went,
"Oh, he's changed now, brand-new man, he promised no more abuse, thx bye!"

Naturally, that made a LOT of people call "fake" and "just did it for attention/drive up views" but someone going back to an abusive partner is VERY common, even if they're rich/relatively famous. Just wondering if there's any info if she actually IS still with him or managed to ditch his rear end.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Is Dexerto even a real news source??

For the record, no, insomuch that they literally just flood Twitter with whatever clickbait they can gin up.

In my experience their #1 trade is taking random dumbshit rumors and then hyping them up as if they were true.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a story a few years back about a woman making bread from her yeast infection. Allegedly it tasted like sourdough.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The MSJ posted:

There's a story a few years back about a woman making bread from her yeast infection. Allegedly it tasted like sourdough.

The F Plus did an episode that covered both this and the original iteration of the vagina beer nonsense (which featured a completely made-up woman as the donor instead of a real person). I cannot and do not recommend listening to it, but it exists all the same.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Just read a whole lot of phrases I never want to hear again

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The F Plus did an episode that covered both this and the original iteration of the vagina beer nonsense (which featured a completely made-up woman as the donor instead of a real person). I cannot and do not recommend listening to it, but it exists all the same.

Thank you! I couldn’t for the life of me figure out that’s why I already knew anything about this! Knowing anything about this and not why is…discomforting.

Also yeah don’t listen to that.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I listened to a lecture on the chemistry of beer once, and if the information given wasn't completely wrong, there are exactly three strains of yeast in the world. One that floats on top of the liquid it ferments and needs room temperature to grow (makes wheat beer), one that rests at the bottom and needs cool temperatures (makes pilsner and lager), and a long-looked for strain they found in an orchid in the Amazon only like 50 years ago. Had to exist tho, because the low temp one is genetically a cross of the high temp one and [x], which is the Amazon one.

Unless her pussy is a literal exotic flower, the beer will brew exactly like other beers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Vintners are crazy and regularly use like a dozen genera of “yeasts”, sometimes naturally present on the grape skins (and encouraged to colonize them via horticultural practices).

Brewers are more conservative, when they’re not simping.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 09:46 on Oct 28, 2023

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I brew beer occasionally and there are two types of beers: Ales, which brew at "room temperature" (so anywhere from like 60-75 degrees) and lagers, which brew at much cooler temps, like around 40 degrees. Ales are the top fermenting and lagers the bottom fermenting. Apropos of nothing if you like beer I recommend homebrewing as a hobby, because all you really need is a big pot, a 5 gallon bucket, and an airlock to prevent said bucket from exploding during fermentation. It's like making soup, just throw some ingredients in a pot and boil 'em then transfer to the bucket and let it sit for a couple of weeks. That's it. Homebrew is on par if not cheaper than commercially-made beer and you can make whatever kind of beer your heart desires - this is great if you're not an IPA fan where the recipe is "whatever poo poo we found plus 800lbs of hops."

Simply Simon posted:

Unless her pussy is a literal exotic flower, the beer will brew exactly like other beers.
As a vagina-haver and beer hobbyist, I can say that wild yeast is everywhere (on your skin, normal household surfaces, wild etc) and it's not the brewing process that concerns me. It's the idea that some woman somewhere has enough of a yeast concentration in her cooter to scrape up a sufficient sample to brew with :barf: Also what kind of hosed-up flavor profile that's going to give your end product because goddamn. I'm a lesbian and the idea of cunnilager or vagibrau makes me shudder. Who's buying this poo poo?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

I listened to a lecture on the chemistry of beer once, and if the information given wasn't completely wrong, there are exactly three strains of yeast in the world. One that floats on top of the liquid it ferments and needs room temperature to grow (makes wheat beer), one that rests at the bottom and needs cool temperatures (makes pilsner and lager), and a long-looked for strain they found in an orchid in the Amazon only like 50 years ago. Had to exist tho, because the low temp one is genetically a cross of the high temp one and [x], which is the Amazon one.

There are hundreds of commercially important yeast strains for baking/brewing, and thousands more intentionally kept by humans at small scales.

Top fermenting / bottom fermenting are classifications based on the behavior of yeast strains. They mostly, but not entirely, map to a couple of species.

Yeast species are groups that are genetically close enough to sexually reproduce when their spores combine. Strains are more closely related groups within a species that also have more determined characteristics.

It's like how dogs are all the same species and a chiwawa and a great dane can have a puppy, but chiwawas and great danes are still distinct with reproducible characteristics when both parents are in the same breed.

A champagne yeast strain and a bread yeast strain are both typically from the Saccharomyces cerevisiae umbrella and can crossbreed to make a new strain, but are different from each other. The champagne yeast will tolerate much higher environmental alcohol levels before it dies, for example.

Environmental yeast that hasn't been human selected will do some fermentation, it's just less likely to taste good and have good properties compared to something that was actively picked. Like if you need a dog to pull a sled, you will have better luck picking from a breed that was historically selected for that than grabbing one at random.

Yeast suck more for taxonomy than most things because the 'species' boundaries are also fuzzy, they will also crossbreed across those lines, just less often. And they can also reproduce asexually by cloning themselves instead of spores and switch between methods based on environmental conditions

Foxfire_ has a new favorite as of 09:40 on Oct 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm a lesbian and the idea of cunnilager or vagibrau makes me shudder. Who's buying this poo poo?

Freaks.