Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

In a 4-man party, about 1/6th of the total damage. Way more in mob pulls since healer AoE is actually really good.

yeah, and holy takes more time to cast than the pack stays alive lol, and don't act like I'm exaggerating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

girl dick energy posted:

Edit "What if you're in a raid and player 3 is your main tank instead of player 2?"

code:
/psort 2 3

Oh that's useful to know. My dragoon has an Eyes macro that targets slot 2 and I was always moving my target up there manually.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

That Little Demon posted:

yeah, and holy takes more time to cast than the pack stays alive lol, and don't act like I'm exaggerating
You are.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Broke: holding on to swiftcast so you can use it to revive a player instantly
Woke: swiftcasting out an instant holy as soon as the tank finishes rounding up their pull

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I'm NOT lol

SirSamVimes posted:

Broke: holding on to swiftcast so you can use it to revive a player instantly
Woke: switching out an instant holy as soon as the tank finishes rounding up their pull

lmfao, maybe I'm playing wrong, this sounds hilarious

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy is literally the best AoE spell in the game, it's a 2.5s cast in an 8 yard area around you that stuns every enemy it hits.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

There is absolutely no shame in swiftcasting a holy to get the chain started.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It’s literally free mitigation for the first 8 seconds as well. Holy is the best healer AOE.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
:eng99:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How to White Mage
1. Cast Aero on bad guys while the tank is gathering them up
2. Cast Holy once they're gathered up
3. Cast Cure 2 or Afflatus Solace when the tank is about to die.
4. Repeat

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

"green DPS" isn't just a meme

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This is why I like dungeoning as Scholar more, their aoe is instant cast and has a super satisfying animation

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also freecure is poo poo, just use Cure 2 right away, you won't ever run out of MP unless you're doing very specific legacy savage content.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

girl dick energy posted:

Also freecure is poo poo, just use Cure 2 right away, you won't ever run out of MP unless you're doing very specific legacy savage content.

yes I learned that quite early thanks to this thread lol

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Regarding tab targeting bosses, are you using the enemy list option? It also lists aggro cleanly so as a tank you can select the odd one out and use your ranged +threat, or as DPS you can swap to something less angry while the tank rounds up the pull. No need to trust tab targeting to DoT everything once on a pull when you can click down the list.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Regarding tab targeting bosses, are you using the enemy list option? It also lists aggro cleanly so as a tank you can select the odd one out and use your ranged +threat, or as DPS you can swap to something less angry while the tank rounds up the pull. No need to trust tab targeting to DoT everything once on a pull when you can click down the list.

what the gently caress is enemy list?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Standard HUD option, shows everything currently in combat with your party.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Standard HUD option, shows everything currently in combat with your party.

Uhh, I have no idea why I don’t have this on by default???

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

By default it's in the top left corner next to the party list.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yoshi-P: Hmph. How very glib.

I can't recall if mine was enabled by default, I've had it on the entire time.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bruceski posted:

By default it's in the top left corner next to the party list.

well thanks I found it and turned it on, who tf knows why I missed that

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I thought that thing was on by default too. I've been playing off and on since early-mid ARR though, so maybe it was set to default to off at some point? Really weird thing to not have on, though.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I thought that thing was on by default too. I've been playing off and on since early-mid ARR though, so maybe it was set to default to off at some point? Really weird thing to not have on, though.

the only thing is maybe I turned it off somehow when I was new and loving with the UI, but this seems so goddamn useful and I haven't seen it as far as I can tell, and I'm almost level 70 now lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Swiftcast Holy is the only way to feel alive in a dungeon pull if the tank isn't an idiot or a Gunbreaker

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It's more satisfying when you get a tank that moves very predictably and you can start pre-emptively casting holy, but you have no control over that so for every other time: swiftcast

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Swiftcast holy then just keep mashing that holy button and bomb the pack until they’re dead.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

dude... cmon lol. I literally had no loving idea

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

im shocked you stuck with the game for this long without that part of the UI. thats crazy

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I mean I didn't even know about it, plus I am a healer so I dunno

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

eh, it's not a super important bit of ui. i only use it to see exactly how many mobs are beating my rear end that shouldn't be as a dps. even as a tank you can have stray mobs on someone that don't show up in the list at all because agro can be weird

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The best thing about enemy list as a healer is that if you heal someone, it automatically adds every enemy that's on that ally's enemy list to your own.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Nice! posted:

Swiftcast holy then just keep mashing that holy button and bomb the pack until they’re dead.

Slowly burning a big white circle into my monitor to ensure everything stops moving.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

this seems so goddamn useful and I haven't seen it as far as I can tell
This one seems like an accident but there's a lot of stuff in the settings and HUD modification that can be really helpful but are not pointed out by the game. It became a running joke with one guy in my FC because he would ask if something was a possibility, and we'd say yes but then have to point out the three or four submenus he has to dig through to find it.

One HUD option that I think is really handy is being able to split up the Target Info element into three bars: HP, Status (buffs and debuffs), and Progress Bar (castbar). I leave HP and Status near the top-middle of the screen but I put the castbar in the middle of my screen and blew it up to 200% size so that I can always see what the boss is casting, which becomes more important in later content when bosses start using attack names to signify where their attacks are hitting

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

iPodschun posted:

This one seems like an accident but there's a lot of stuff in the settings and HUD modification that can be really helpful but are not pointed out by the game. It became a running joke with one guy in my FC because he would ask if something was a possibility, and we'd say yes but then have to point out the three or four submenus he has to dig through to find it.

One HUD option that I think is really handy is being able to split up the Target Info element into three bars: HP, Status (buffs and debuffs), and Progress Bar (castbar). I leave HP and Status near the top-middle of the screen but I put the castbar in the middle of my screen and blew it up to 200% size so that I can always see what the boss is casting, which becomes more important in later content when bosses start using attack names to signify where their attacks are hitting

how do I split them up, this sounds good

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Slowly burning a big white circle into my monitor to ensure everything stops moving.
Or turn your battle effects down and main WHM without constantly flashbanging yourself.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

girl dick energy posted:

Or turn your battle effects down and main WHM without constantly flashbanging yourself.

never....

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

That's like half the fun of playing WHM though

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

That's like half the fun of playing WHM though
I have an FC friend who was playing BLM with full effects on, and we only realized that when he said he didn't notice the flare marker during Emanation. That one's real hard to miss, so I figured that had to be what was going on, and his reaction was an instant "oh my god this is so much better, my eyes don't hurt any more".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is there a way to turn down your own bright lights without getting rid of the fishing !!!s?