Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thank you for the Xbox replies btw. Been thinking of getting a Series S but without Game Pass (not available in my region, only PC pass) it doesn't seem worth it if I have to rebuild a library from scratch.

Not a week goes by where someone doesn't bemoan the S for not being able to run games good, so while I can understand wanting to save money it doesn't seem worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Epic High Five posted:

I guess Lies of Preorders can play now, anybody here among that crowd? How is it?

insanely Starfield 7 vibes so far (just from watching)

Badass Silent Protagonist That Constantly Gets Commentary From Companion
Very High Graphic Fidelity With Ugly Fundamentals (i.e. the enemies are very boring designed but are very detailed)
Hey This Is A Game Of This Genre (female voiced Levelupper, talking to people behind windows/doors)
Someone Is In Love With This Particular Thing (the player character is as good as the Starfield Doors)
P Deece Soundtrack
Why Is This So Grindy
Hold Up Maybe Actually Something Interesting In The Narrative (the lying, obv)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I have a lot of anime fortnite skins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
fortskins

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Grapplejack posted:

I actually liked this quest but wait until you get to the twist at the end lol

lol I would be very skeptical of a prison abolition program sponsored by Heckler & Koch

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
finished the Ryujin quest line. surprised I wasn't made CEO but some decent perks along the way and a really fun series of quests. I only have 1 point in stealth so I heavily abused Void Form. corporate espionage :thumbsup:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I would be very skeptical of a prison abolition program sponsored by Heckler & Koch

the bellingcat security model: no police state but that's because everyone's heavily armed and spying on each other all the time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bg 3 would be a better if resources were per combat encounter and the camp was only for after big story beats

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Starfield and SKyrim would be a lot better if they had SaGa mechanics.

I wonder how hard it would be to mod in glimmers?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

bg 3 would be a better if resources were per combat encounter and the camp was only for after big story beats

Agreed

wizards sleep more than my drat cats

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
is the ps5 bg3 good? not really doing pc gaming these days

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No. Games on any console are bad.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

No. Games on any console are bad.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I told the SSNN that the warcrimes man was alive. Just going across the MAST HQ to blab about it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

just finished ghostwire, a lot of fun. gonna clean up the little bit of 100% stuff left then do the spider house mode

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hannya never got his pancakes his dead wife wasn't having any of it by the end

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
defending the strider is the first non-boss mission I had trouble with. fighting those robonewheels on a plain is hard as hell. ended up switching to quad legs so I could hover over them and rain down songbirds.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

hooked up about 20 bucks worth of dubiously sourced hi fi crap and now I’m gaming on a pair of vintage pioneer speakers. don’t need fancy graphics when gunfire makes the upstairs neighbors pots and pans rattle :blastu:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr. Sharps posted:

hooked up about 20 bucks worth of dubiously sourced hi fi crap and now I’m gaming on a pair of vintage pioneer speakers. don’t need fancy graphics when gunfire makes the upstairs neighbors pots and pans rattle :blastu:

hope you at least got a good deal on the sneakers

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

loquacius posted:

Still mad about being half-illithid now

The Emperor was like "don't you want to be half illithid" and I was like "no (wis save dc 21, fail) I mean yes" and now my face is all hosed up like a dark side KOTOR run. This is supposed to be a good guy character :mad:

I did convince Karlach to do it too sort of by accident but that one's on me

that wisdom save is the one thing that is affected by stuffing tadpoles, the more powers you unlock the higher the DC. If you don't unlock any, you don't even need to make the save

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I can murder an entire colony ship but I can't kill three rich people. Sicko poo poo.

edit: im gonna fume about this in my deluxe penthouse suite

i just noticed there are no fat people in Paradiso. there's fat people all over new atlantis, but no fat people in bathing suits. good call todd

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Sep 16, 2023

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ben Nerevarine posted:

finished the Ryujin quest line. surprised I wasn't made CEO but some decent perks along the way and a really fun series of quests. I only have 1 point in stealth so I heavily abused Void Form. corporate espionage :thumbsup:

The most refreshing thing about Starfield is that it doesn't make you the leader of every guild, so to speak. You get some perks for finishing each faction quest but you aren't instantly elevated to godhood in the eyes of the world, you're still a dude among millions after all.

(Actually how many people are there in the Settled Systems anyway? I know it doesn't matter because Bethesda are terrible with scale, but still.)

We're never going to have the Morrowind rise to ultimate power fantasy again, but that's probably for the best given how much of a slog it could be. I would have liked to see more faction interactions though, there's hardly anything to do after you beat the faction quests other than very samey missions for the police factions and literal repeats of the faction quests for stuff like Ryujin.

Oh, and what is the actual reward for delivering resources to staryards anyway? I tried it once and I think I got less than I would for completing a regular mission.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

BONGHITZ posted:

hope you at least got a good deal on the sneakers

free courtesy a movie theater that went out of business :cheers:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
The HITCHING POST?! There has NEVER BEEN, a SINGLE loving HORSE, on this planet, E-VER.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the ashta ate them all.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
This is an entire galactic civilization founded by DVC members.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I want to mod in the full text of every public domain book that Starfield has. I have no idea if I'd ever actually read an entire book in a Bethesda RPG but it would be funny to put in all of Moby-Dick into the game.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Real hurthling! posted:

agreedo bg3 is good despite d&d, not because of it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nonsense posted:

Paradox will continue to get my money pretty blindly for the base game at least. I only buy dlc if honorable steam users rate it well

I didn't like vicky 3 especially for it's price, so I'll hold off on this, especially if it's a civ like.
Id prefer some kinda weird CK3 roleplaying oriented game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

that wisdom save is the one thing that is affected by stuffing tadpoles, the more powers you unlock the higher the DC. If you don't unlock any, you don't even need to make the save

poo poo this makes a lot of sense

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Comparing to the 2nd edition games it is also funny how relatively unimportant magic or rouges are, I never really encountered a situation where my monk/cleric/barbarian/fighter party was unviable

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm playing bg2 and it sucks how mandatory it is to keep a thief around. The slot I would have liked to give to Viconia is being taken by Jan

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ojetor posted:

d&d owns actually as is scientifically proven by excellent game baldrus gate three which is a D&D game and therefore good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Junkozeyne posted:

Comparing to the 2nd edition games it is also funny how relatively unimportant magic or rouges are, I never really encountered a situation where my monk/cleric/barbarian/fighter party was unviable

The general wisdom about D&D on SA is that the opposite of this is true for every edition except 4th but it sure isn't for BG3

My MC is a Frenzy barbarian and Lae'zel has Great Weapon Master and they get three attacks each per turn and they outpace my magic users in DPS since they don't have to worry about spell slots. Not great for AoE or crowd control though obv

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I respecced Karlach as a sorcerer so she could throw fireballs at people but hell maybe I should unrespec her and just go dual barbs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MC/Karlach/Lae'zel/Wyll four barbarian party

Job fiesta

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

I respecced Karlach as a sorcerer so she could throw fireballs at people but hell maybe I should unrespec her and just go dual barbs

a barb can still throw balls of fire, technically. fill a bag up with goblin corpses, light them on fire, throw them.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Ojetor posted:

Yuuuuup, dnd sucks pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

The general wisdom about D&D on SA is that the opposite of this is true for every edition except 4th but it sure isn't for BG3

My MC is a Frenzy barbarian and Lae'zel has Great Weapon Master and they get three attacks each per turn and they outpace my magic users in DPS since they don't have to worry about spell slots. Not great for AoE or crowd control though obv

tabletop d&d gives huge advantage to spellcasters compared to video game d&d for two reasons. first, there are usually a bunch of spells that don't make it into the games because they would break the video game in half, like flight or scrying. second, a lot of DMs are unimaginative rubes who are willing to let cleverly used magic be the solution to problems it shouldn't be "because it's cool", but who gasp in horror at the idea that the barbarian could also do cool unrealistic things because his muscles are very large and huge