Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Vavrek posted:

You know, that sounds intriguing.

I don't have any way of checking if the audio files the mod provides contain the french versions of those lines, but a glance at the plugin would presumably re-enable them if you deleted the two changed records, 000A27C4 and 000A27C5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mais non, Dovahkiin! Zuuuuuut!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did no one just change his line to a wet fart sound?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Starfield drove me back to Skyrim for the first time in 7 years or so. Is it just me, or are the default lighting settings in tempus not good looking? Regardless, appreciate the recommendation and wabbajack is insanely better than spending 8 hours hammering together my own mod list.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Starfield drove me back to Skyrim for the first time in 7 years or so. Is it just me, or are the default lighting settings in tempus not good looking? Regardless, appreciate the recommendation and wabbajack is insanely better than spending 8 hours hammering together my own mod list.

Yeah, I just started playing Tempus myself and the lighting is rough. I ended up just turning off the ENB with Shift+F12 and that made it look less goofy.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Artificer has been released.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

v1ld posted:

Artificer has been released.

Simonrim looks dope, I haven't played this game in over a year but want to get back in. Any good Wabbajack lists with simonrim or whatever overhaul?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Septimus was a big one but that one imploded from drama I guess.

I definitely like enairim, simonrim strays a bit too close to vanilla for my tastes

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Gyshall posted:

Simonrim looks dope, I haven't played this game in over a year but want to get back in. Any good Wabbajack lists with simonrim or whatever overhaul?

There are two that I want to try, but haven't got around to yet:
https://github.com/Ender108/Ascendance/blob/main/README.md
https://github.com/Geborgen/nordic-souls/blob/main/README.md

Obviously they don't have Artificer because it's brand new, but its probably safe to add yourself.

E: actually they both have other artifact mods so you'd have to disable those but still, its probably safe?

Yaoi Gagarin fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 18, 2023

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

queeb posted:

Septimus was a big one but that one imploded from drama I guess.

I definitely like enairim, simonrim strays a bit too close to vanilla for my tastes
I think Septimus is back, but has a much reduced scope and doesn't include Legacy of the Dragonborn anymore.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Weak. Septimus 3 was amazing.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I followed the Septimus discord for a long time and the lead dev regularly expressed hesitation about including LOTD in the first place, due to how the entire list would have to be rebuilt and recentered around it, which they saw as a potential detriment to Septimus's overall design goals. I loved getting to play Septimus 3 and they really did integrate LOTD well with the other mods, but I wasn't surprised when it was announced it wouldn't be included in future versions.

e: as far as I'm aware Septimus didn't implode from drama, the creator(s) just wanted to move on to making a more lightweight and vanilla-plus kind of modlist, though I can't remember the name.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Thatll twach me for reading a Reddit post on what happened. But yeah tempus maledictim is basically what early septimus was, huge mod pack, enairim, tons of content mods, and LOTD integrated

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm officially over Skyrim: the core experience just not worth it to me, too much grindwork for quests that seem thinner and less satisfying than anything in Oblivion.
and even with all the fixes people made the mechanics of just about everything don't appeal to me.

I did just played my way through The Forgotten City mod and it is terrific, well worth playing thoroughly for the characters and writing, I'll definitely buy the re-imagined game.
notes:
Bring plenty of lockpicks, I found quite a lot of high level locks and a dearth of lockpicks.
Save often as there are some bugs and also some *choices*.

I'll keep checking this thread a bit more in case anyone got another amazing quest mod I shouldn't miss otherwise I'm done until Skyblivion is good and ready.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

🆗️

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

By popular demand posted:

I'm officially over Skyrim: the core experience just not worth it to me, too much grindwork for quests that seem thinner and less satisfying than anything in Oblivion.
and even with all the fixes people made the mechanics of just about everything don't appeal to me.

I realized my one-emoji response was kind of flippant and lovely, and I also kind of had a realization at the same time: The reason I like Skyrim so much is because how the quests seem... thinner. I think it may be an ADHD thing, but the more... impactful? type quests from more recent games, where everything has moral ambiguity and conflicting goals and such (Like Witcher 3) can be kind of exhausting, but in Skyrim it's one-dimensional enough to not drag me down.

Anyhow, I also realized why I don't like Legacy of the Dragonborn, besides the performance hit it had on my old PC. There was a poster in the Final Fantasy XVI thread who described the late-game sidequest deluge as "being given a list of chores." While I didn't feel that way in Final Fantasy XVI, I did feel that way when I had Legacy of the Dragonborn installed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

No problems with your response or your opinion, different types like different things and I'm old enough to know that The Internet is Serious Business™

I am however interested in quality mods and I am impressed with the effort I see so far in Beyond Skyrim: Bruma.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

I realized my one-emoji response was kind of flippant and lovely, and I also kind of had a realization at the same time: The reason I like Skyrim so much is because how the quests seem... thinner. I think it may be an ADHD thing, but the more... impactful? type quests from more recent games, where everything has moral ambiguity and conflicting goals and such (Like Witcher 3) can be kind of exhausting, but in Skyrim it's one-dimensional enough to not drag me down.

Yeah, decision paralysis is a common problem with ADHD as it's this perfect confluence of executive dysfunction, highly tangential thinking, and poor working memory all coming together to make you waste all your mental energy on very little.

I uh, couldn't quite get into Baldur's Gate 3; too many Meaningful Long-term Decisions with the character builds, companions and quests.

Starfield though? Starfield's been treating me great. Mostly.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
LOTD I love all the parts of filling my museum, but all the quests the museum adds are the most dogshit quests. The Sancre Tor dungeon is one of the worst mod added dungeons I've ever seen.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I did like the bit where it becomes a creepypasta, especially in vr :shobon:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Flowing Thot posted:

LOTD I love all the parts of filling my museum, but all the quests the museum adds are the most dogshit quests. The Sancre Tor dungeon is one of the worst mod added dungeons I've ever seen.

Now I'm gonna have to check it out personally, see what you done!?

The Bruma mod is still amazing in the amount of work that went into it and dare I say: Love.
It is quite buggy compared to the main game though (which got many official and unofficial fixes)
Console commands will have to be used.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I remember there was some mod that added Bruma displays to the LOTD Museum, pretty neat

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So, LOL and LMAO: I just got a really nice modded setup going, and my SSD died. Oh well, Modding Is The Game!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Flowing Thot posted:

I personally found LOTD's main questline to work best when I was running it alongside the main quest as a companion series. LOTD's biggest structural issue is that the mod takes a huge amount of space with the main quest's narrative. A lot of lore fans do love quests where you have massive lore-dumps given via exposition. LOTD manages to walk the tightrope despite it's largely linear quest design and love for lovely puzzles and goofy dungeons so I can forgive it. Some parts of it are a little bit fanservice filled though like the entire chim-el-abadal arc.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Tankbuster posted:

I personally found LOTD's main questline to work best when I was running it alongside the main quest as a companion series. LOTD's biggest structural issue is that the mod takes a huge amount of space with the main quest's narrative. A lot of lore fans do love quests where you have massive lore-dumps given via exposition. LOTD manages to walk the tightrope despite it's largely linear quest design and love for lovely puzzles and goofy dungeons so I can forgive it. Some parts of it are a little bit fanservice filled though like the entire chim-el-abadal arc.

Y'know, it just now occurs to me that it's been a while since I played LotD and y'all might not just be talking about the Relic Hunter guild you build on the side. Like, I think I remember there being some new upcoming version of LotD that was yet-to-be-released when I last played Skyrim a bunch ... however many years ago that was now. (Three? Five? drat inexorable passage of time.)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah they did release another trailer for it recently and the story seems to be about their own expansion set around the ada-mantia. LOTD lets you build your own explorers society guild on the side and you go on adventures with them and auryen. Its pretty sweet.

I might be biased or I just don't like fallout enough to think that fallout 4's equivalent to LOTD (sim settlements 2) was remotely as good.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Starfield drove me back to Skyrim for the first time in 7 years or so.

Same, but it's been at least 9 years for me. I'd like to give it a try again, as I've forgotten most everything. I think the only thing I know I want is SkyUI, whatever bugfixes there are and making sure named NPCs aren't killed by dragon and vampire attacks. The rest I don't even remember well enough.

On the other hand, even the Reddit essential mods list seems intimidatingly long. What is the absolute minimum of mods I can get away with?

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

a podcast for cats posted:

On the other hand, even the Reddit essential mods list seems intimidatingly long. What is the absolute minimum of mods I can get away with?

https://dragonbornsfate.moddinglinked.com/

The basic stuff covers the prime big bugfixes and interface bits, the extended section has the more opinionated game changing (but not too much) stuff you can pick and choose from

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Are there any decent modlists that don't require the Anniversary Upgrade pack or triple digit gigs of space?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Not reallt because pretty much every single modlist has to include like 500 gigs of bullshit graphics mods that usually just make the game look worse.

Building your own and doing your own troubleshooting is the only real way to avoid that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Are there any decent modlists that don't require the Anniversary Upgrade pack
Yeah, some of them-

quote:

or triple digit gigs of space?
Oh. No.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
1TB SSD feeling real small right now :(

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
My Fallout 4 install is around 400GB. Skyrim is only 250 or so.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The modpack I'm using clocks in at... 223 gb, and I think that's including the hundreds of saves I'm too lazy to clean up.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Phoenix Flavour is pretty good (or was a year or two ago when I played it) if you want a Vanilla+ list. 75 GB installation size according to Wabbajack (+61 GB downloads, but you should be able to just delete those after installing).

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

It's possible everyone has seen this before other than me, but I stumbled across a mod that replaces the main menu music with it and I thought it was neat. Hits my nostalgia buttons just so.

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 22, 2023

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I always dug that mix. Even the daggerfall and arena themes flow nicely in the medley.

And then at the end when Morrowind fills out the sound I get feelings.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I dunno if it's just that I haven't played any game in the series aside from Skyrim (and a bit of Morrowind), or if the audio for the others was adjusted down, or if Skyrim's intro is just louder than the others but I couldn't hear anything other than DAH-DAH-DAH, DAH-DAH-DAH, DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH DAH DAH most of the time.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

I dunno if it's just that I haven't played any game in the series aside from Skyrim (and a bit of Morrowind), or if the audio for the others was adjusted down, or if Skyrim's intro is just louder than the others but I couldn't hear anything other than DAH-DAH-DAH, DAH-DAH-DAH, DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH DAH DAH most of the time.

It's hard to compete with the very enthusiastic dragon viking choir. Skyrim's theme is already basically a heavy metal mashup of both Morrowind and Oblivion though (and Oblivion itself has a bouncier take on Morrowind's leitmotif anyway) with its own contributions. I've always loved how each one has basically built over top of Nerevar Rising.

Speaking of Nerevar Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Singing "Dovakin, Dovakin, Dovakin, Dovakin" over the Pirates of the Caribbean theme