Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's just what good TikTok content aimed at middle schoolers looks like now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skibidi Knight

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

I'm not sure who half wrestlers in this are because I haven't watched WWE in so long but lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm not sure who half wrestlers in this are because I haven't watched WWE in so long but lol

i think other than la knight it's cody, the miz, roman, and whichever one of the usos they're letting have a singles run. and a bunch of random models

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
drat, Master Chief and Batman have joined the Bloodline? Now I'm on board.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If this was the actual show I’d watch every episode

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It is.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

The funniest thing about that is that I heard Jey's song for the first time, that's loving TERRIBLE

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1702724594845753713?t=wDYG1NzXRwK8FmfLuXwyzQ&s=19

Original tweet:

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1702713320195911758?t=2TING-F2C7fmlmuieuSWnQ&s=19

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lance Storm making his living in the entertainment industry is one of life’s pleasing ironies

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'd like to believe that if I had the money and power to make Lance Storm dance like a dipshit on live national tv that I wouldn't do it.

I'd like to believe that...

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

There's more fun to be had at Lance Storm's expense than awkward dancing

Like a librarian gimmick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

My first exposure to Lance Storm was him doing the Team Canada gimmick in WCW and he was hugely charismatic and great at making the crowd hate him. I've never understood the idea that he has no personality or no charisma.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lamuella posted:

My first exposure to Lance Storm was him doing the Team Canada gimmick in WCW and he was hugely charismatic and great at making the crowd hate him. I've never understood the idea that he has no personality or no charisma.

WWE declared it, thus it must be true

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

From what I've seen in various interviews he's done Lance Storm is a very funny man

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
His sense of humour is a bit too dry for a serial rapist who chased his other nonce mates around with poo poo on a stick.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lance Storm hates libraries so he can gently caress off

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I like how the character arc was, "Lance Storm is a heel who has no charisma, gets called out for it, develops charisma, is now a beloved charisma having babyface", but the only thing they could come up with for him to come across as having charisma is for him to dance to a cheesy hip-hop song.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gonzo McFee posted:

His sense of humour is a bit too dry for a serial rapist who chased his other nonce mates around with poo poo on a stick.

Wait, and Vince didn't love him? Sounds like two peas in a pod.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Lance Storm hates libraries so he can gently caress off
He does not hate libraries, he explicitly supports public libraries and tweeted once ten years ago asking authors if they were for or against libraries, because in his mind they were like low-tech torrent sites. Pretty much everyone (authors included) told him they like libraries and his only statements since then have been about visiting libraries, doing talks at libraries, etc.

Coolness Averted posted:

Wait, and Vince didn't love him? Sounds like two peas in a pod.
In addition to not hating libraries, Lance Storm is not (to anyone's knowledge) a serial rapist either. The serial rapist in this discussion is Vince McMahon, as in "Lance Storm's sense of humor is too dry for serial rapist/poop joke lover Vince McMahon".

I think a lot of people in general but especially in wrestling are the type of people who would look at old comedy duos and wonder why Bud Abbott or any other 'straight man' exists in a comedy, it's dumb to have Bert on Sesame Street because he never gets the punchline, just let Ernie be the star. Lance Storm is/was very good at the self-serious straight man role.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

I think a lot of people in general but especially in wrestling are the type of people who would look at old comedy duos and wonder why Bud Abbott or any other 'straight man' exists in a comedy, it's dumb to have Bert on Sesame Street because he never gets the punchline, just let Ernie be the star. Lance Storm is/was very good at the self-serious straight man role.

Yeah, I wish we could have seen Jericho and Storm at the height of their powers together.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Edge & Christian posted:

He does not hate libraries

He said that you son of a bitch

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SG Bamboo posted:

From what I've seen in various interviews he's done Lance Storm is a very funny man

Dry sarcasm doesn't impress someone who thinks that poop is the highlight of comedy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Nick_Hausman/status/1702905388616569242

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

That's such a weird and petty thing to do

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"No, I am not in cahoots with CM Punk I just all my scoops directly from him and also make a point of being a weird jerk to the guy who he's made hating his entire personality for the past decade"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

VideoWitch posted:

That's such a weird and petty thing to do

Using wrestlers' real names is so cringe.

(Unless it's Phil. :smugdog:)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

man what a dork

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Dawgstar posted:

Using wrestlers' real names is so cringe.

(Unless it's Phil. :smugdog:)

Phil ain't no wrestler! Show me a contract! Tell me when I'm telling lies!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
This reminds me of one of the OSW episodes had an ending which was some fan footage from a fan event for some big show. The guys filming were the worst kind of know it all smarks who were going up to the wrestlers and addressing them by their real names and asking them to sign with that name or some obscure name they'd used in the territories.

Most of the wrestlers were ignoring it or blanking it, although it was funny when they addressed Yokozuna with "Hey Rodney!" as he walked towards them only for an absolutely too-tired-for-this-poo poo Yokozuna to respond with "Get that loving camera out of my face".

What made this especially funny was that with every other interaction these guys had been a part of you could hear their smugness as they used the wrestlers' real names, but the moment one told them to go away they responded with a very timid "Okay Yoko, sir".

Nick's tweet - sorry, Haus' tweet feels like it has some of this too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

this dude is such a loving little dweeb, absolutely gargantuan little dweeb energy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's just common courtesy to use the name for someone that they've asked you to use. And if that hasn't happened yet you use the name other people are using, not some poo poo you looked up online.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Other wrestlers call each other by their work names. What a jackass.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

except for the weirdo parasocial people around Best Friends

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

coconono posted:

except for the weirdo parasocial people around Best Friends

I'm not a weirdo for calling them swamp thing and fire ant

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lamuella posted:

It's just common courtesy to use the name for someone that they've asked you to use. And if that hasn't happened yet you use the name other people are using, not some poo poo you looked up online.

*guy who absolutely refuses to follow this rule for no particular reason voice* yea we just had a falling out for some reason i dunno

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I remember Chuck Taylor tweeting at least once for random fans to not call him Dustin

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Val Venis is very dumb

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
whats jericho doin there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

whats jericho doin there