Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I did it on a One X. In the Shape a weapon menu, highlight your shotgun, press select, then quickly hit your left shoulder button to go into the primary weapon window and spam the select button on an AR until the crafting window progresses and you can see if Aggressive Frame is the archetype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PathAsc posted:

Enhanced mulligan on an AR with aggressive shotgun frame never has to reload lol. I'm putting the same perks and frame on plank's stride now.

Rewind rounds also never needs to reload as long as most of your shots land. Target lock is fantastic since it ramps up to 5 almost immediately and seems to stay on as long as you don't hit another target or miss all shots.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Confirmed no rollback, but the exploit will be dead in the next 24 hours. Hopefully not before I get home tonight!

https://x.com/BungieHelp/status/1703119832768741411

I’ve still never done Ghosts of the Deep…

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So there will be a period of time where Crafted Weapons are all disabled... That's bad. They may as well take the dang game offline

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

i wonder if they will make an emblem commemorating this just like Laser Tag

they should just pay Moira and use hers https://twitter.com/destiny_thememe/status/1702813271240450478?s=46&t=Lil8vLMPVkfPh80ODFeUGg

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Jet posted:

Confirmed no rollback, but the exploit will be dead in the next 24 hours. Hopefully not before I get home tonight!

https://x.com/BungieHelp/status/1703119832768741411

I’ve still never done Ghosts of the Deep…

Well, at least we still have one more night of chaos. The only thing I'm doing are nightfalls and ops so ndb

:evilbuddy:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Lord Wexia posted:

Wasn’t laser tag a balance thing? This is a “players found a major gently caress up” thing.

The fire orb that Prometheus Lens had dealt damage every frame instead of per time period. This meant that it killed in a fraction of a second, and depending on your FPS (higher FPS = deader faster).

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the emblem from playing during lazer tag weekend was cool as hell too

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kecske posted:

the emblem from playing during lazer tag weekend was cool as hell too

Whoa

:wth:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It was curse of Osiris launch week, and Prometheus Lens had just been released. Within hours, it was known that Prom Lens had a truly busted TTK, and they even had Xur sell it that weekend!

It was one of the big "oh wow so they literally do zero 0.000 testing sometimes haha" moments

They also removed the Curse of Osiris purchase requirement for the weapon for that weekend only. So that no one was actually left out. I'm not sure if you could equip it after the weekend ended if you didn't have Curse.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Mage_Boy posted:

They also removed the Curse of Osiris purchase requirement for the weapon for that weekend only. So that no one was actually left out. I'm not sure if you could equip it after the weekend ended if you didn't have Curse.

I believe you could still equip it after, but only after it was re-enabled some months later. Bungie was out for most of that month due to the holidays, so they didn't get around to actually fixing Prom Lens until their mid/late jan patch.

Laser Tag was literally the only upside to pre-Go Fast CoO

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 17, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RocketRaygun posted:

I believe you could still equip it after, but only after it was re-enabled some months later. Bungie was out for most of that month due to the holidays, so they didn't get around to actually fixing Prom Lens until their mid/late jan patch.

Laser Tag was literally the only upside to pre-Go Fast CoO

Uriel's teamshooting meta in PvP, nothing to do but grind the terrible Osiris weapons in PvE. That was some rough times.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I liked the emblem's description too. Don't remember exact wording but it was something like "insane poo poo happened and You Were There."

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

God drat what does a guardian have to do to get the dumb Osiris bear hat

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ghosts of the Deep solo is miserable even with broken guns. Mostly because it's not the enemies that test your patience, it's the slog before the first boss that's at least twice as long as it needs to be.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ran five GM nightfalls last night with fun guns... and I've never had so many golf balls in my inventory before :stare:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hiddenriverninja posted:

God drat what does a guardian have to do to get the dumb Osiris bear hat

Get owned in three different simulations

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Collateral Damage posted:

Ghosts of the Deep solo is miserable even with broken guns. Mostly because it's not the enemies that test your patience, it's the slog before the first boss that's at least twice as long as it needs to be.

I think that health bar on the final boss definitely tests people's patience too.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah, I believe she has about 10 million HP which is way too much for a dungeon boss imo. Most raid bosses have less or similar health pools.

My hot take is that dungeon boss health should scale with fireteam size. Everything else can be the same, but give the boss 25% less health if there are two players in the fireteam and 50% less if you're solo. It's challenging enough to solo a dungeon, it doesn't need to be such a test of patience too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was hoping to have at least til Monday lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I was hoping to have at least til Monday lmao

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1703467660300997005?s=20

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
Got my conq title. Need to gild it now.

Also got my 2/3 of vexcalibur. Loving warlock with phoenix protocol and the Ammit.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

True chads got those Nightmare hunt time trials done wit the bug.....it's all I need for the title....I haven't played this entire weekend...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

yeah I got the flawless nightmare hunt and empire hunts done for the shaders.

The nightmare hunt with crota seems like a real pain the dick - seems like he can only be damaged by the hive swords, but also, a sword will do like 5% of his health, and he one shots you at 100% resilience.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It is a real pain in the dick and by far the hardest nightmare hunt

I didn't get a chance to play much this weekend and the glitch is almost impossible on a PS5, welp

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

haveblue posted:

I didn't get a chance to play much this weekend and the glitch is almost impossible on a PS5, welp

Yeah it's frustrating not being able to partake because my internet is good and I'm running off an SSD

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

I got it to work on mine. I had ffv remake downloading in the background. I would suggest downloading a huge game. You’ll know you’re on the right track when you get a destiny connection issue warning.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It was a solid pain in the rear end to do it on my pc, but I got it done enough to have a few busted things.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yay lol

Was only able to get it to work with Ragnhild and Ammit but it's pretty fun lol

Bungie should let weapon crafting just work like this anyway and keep stuff out of pvp if it's too broken. It's end of life almost who cares, let's goof off

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Listerine posted:

Yeah it's frustrating not being able to partake because my internet is good and I'm running off an SSD

I have good internet and an SSD and i've been able to do multiple guns. That said, it was a royal pain in the rear end (took like an hour of trying for one gun)

Definitely was worth it though, very funny, and very fun weekend of Destiny 2.

While they don't need to go this hard, they definitely should have weekend events that let you do silly stuff like equip as many exotic weapons as you want.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Solo prophecy was really fun might actually try the flawless my only death was at the start and at the sparrow section both because I was begin silly and not actually trying to go flawless

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Solo flawless prophecy isn’t hard (evidence: I have it) but it does involve dying to the final boss debuff because you ate two teleport blasts in a row

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Solo prophecy was really fun might actually try the flawless my only death was at the start and at the sparrow section both because I was begin silly and not actually trying to go flawless

Still the best Dungeon and best emblem.

Best bet for flawless is to just walk down the ribbon section.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does Ghosts of the Deep start to suck less after the opening bit because boy

this is boring lol

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I have good internet and an SSD and i've been able to do multiple guns. That said, it was a royal pain in the rear end (took like an hour of trying for one gun)

Definitely was worth it though, very funny, and very fun weekend of Destiny 2.

While they don't need to go this hard, they definitely should have weekend events that let you do silly stuff like equip as many exotic weapons as you want.

I wouldn’t mind this as a trials mode. It’s the only way I’ve gone flawless!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Does Ghosts of the Deep start to suck less after the opening bit because boy

this is boring lol

I’m teaching it to myself because nobody wants to Sherpa and I’m hoping to get a solo flawless done while this bug is going and the answer seems to be no. Everything in this dungeon is three times as long as it needs to be. It has to replace Duality as the new worst dungeon in the game.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's the Biannual Bungie Bugathlon!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like it more than Duality (I wouldn’t even consider soloing duality) and I love how it’s effectively an epilogue to The Taken King but the underwater bits are far too long and the bosses have way too much goddamn health and that awful shield mechanic, especially for solo players who are basically required to run arbalest and do loadout fuckery for decent dps

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I knocked out solo Ghosts yesterday and 1 phases both bosses with shotgun Tarnation. Trinary Vexcalibur can do even more damage but takes up the ocoveted special slot (where Ammit lives)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
It was fine, hard but fine.

All of the solo flawless dungeons are a challenge and they should be? The nature of the challenge changes. In duality it's a timer/coordination challenge whereas in ghosts it's a survival, coordination and endurance challenge