Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

It’s… it’s not like I agree with some of your criticisms or anything, baka!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

El Scandelouse posted:

Don’t talk to me or quote my posts ever again. I do not agree with anything you stand for. I’ve also said several times throughout the thread that the game needs serious work. It’s not like I’ve just had some epiphany due to your awful shitposting.

So you really don't like Armored Core 6 I gather

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
you two are both pathetic lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

putin is a oval office posted:

I don't, I dipped out early in season 1. But you couldn't seem to fathom why a quest tracker would be useful for some players and needed it explained, so I explained it.

I guess we were talking past each other. Dunno where quest tracker came from (but it could use a much better quest tracker system than it currently does!) but I was talking to the guy who was forcing himself to break rocks until the RNG quest revealed itself

I know it's The Theme of the thread to be 10/10 Aggro at all times but does anyoen else find it massively tiring

EDIT - could it be Mephisto's influence?!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Time posted:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Time posted:

They need to deeply immerse themselves in the nearest field and regain their vital connection to Gaia

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
or at least put them in Gaia Baby Jail

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I foresee a future with a lot of these

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

how embarrassing

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I know it's The Theme of the thread to be 10/10 Aggro at all times but does anyoen else find it massively tiring

It's why I stopped posting here for the most part. Honestly, there are like 5 people that if you block them, the thread is less miserable. Only less because you still see their posts when they're quoted.

This place needs more active mods that aren't afraid to give their friends a time out.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just stop taking yourselves so seriously that's all

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I guess we were talking past each other. Dunno where quest tracker came from (but it could use a much better quest tracker system than it currently does!) but I was talking to the guy who was forcing himself to break rocks until the RNG quest revealed itself

Posting in this thread is the actual D4 endgame

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So where'd Mephisto and uhhhh whatever her name was, gently caress off to anyway?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I can’t wait to take some pto this fall and just Diablo 4 my heart out :)

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So where'd Mephisto and uhhhh whatever her name was, gently caress off to anyway?

The expansion.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That's the hundred dollar question!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Rad Games > Diablo IV: Patch 1.1.1 - Don’t talk to me or quote my posts ever again

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have been involved in numerous raids on Al'Diabolos

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's the hundred dollar question!

I have been assured that, based on prior Blizzard properties, it's likely to be a $39.99 question

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

it's gonna be $44.99 and they'll cite inflation when they announce it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

They were on a boat so I'm guessing they're off to Tristram.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Important public notice for my friends in the Diablo 4 (four) thread;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_QmvZRS85U

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

you wouldnt know a good game if it hosed you in the rear end

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I know we were dunkin on diablo 1 last page or so, but it's still good fun/worth playing.

Best way to do so is likely devilutionx, a port of Diablo/Hellfire that makes getting it to run easy, fixes some bugs, and optional QoL improvements. I don't recommend a resolution more than like 800x600 or whatever widescreen, but it's worth trying it once for a giggle. Works with the original cds or the gog/bnet releases.

There's a cool butcher-like character

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Vic posted:

So you really don't like Armored Core 6 I gather

I haven’t played it yet because I’m too busy laughing at your new AV.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I know we were dunkin on diablo 1 last page or so, but it's still good fun/worth playing.

Best way to do so is likely devilutionx, a port of Diablo/Hellfire that makes getting it to run easy, fixes some bugs, and optional QoL improvements. I don't recommend a resolution more than like 800x600 or whatever widescreen, but it's worth trying it once for a giggle. Works with the original cds or the gog/bnet releases.

This is legitimately neat. I might give it a try. Starfield isn’t the best but drat that game has me by my big ripe plums rn.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have been involved in numerous raids on Al'Diabolos

I was there when he scored 4 Touchdowns for Polk High.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

pseudanonymous posted:

Can't wait for the fireside chat about this.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

ClydeFrog posted:

Can't wait for the fireside chat about this.

Stay awhile and listen to bad faith arguments.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Diablo 4 Hour Fireside Chat

Diablo 4th quarter earnings report.

Idk. It'd be cool if this new season is going to include a chunk of the rumored real end game. S1 gems were overall pretty underwhelming with not nearly as many crazy OP builds as promised.

It's good they kinda fixed mob density. My s2 expectations are low even with the hype of 2 x 2 hour streams for all the content because last time we got 45 minute stream with half dedicated to Diablo Immortal.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Devilution is great.

But also they were talking about console couch co-op, which I'm surprised D2R isn't and that you can't play D1 PSX on modern consoles.

I wouldn't sleep on emulating PSX1 or getting an old PSX with a copy of D1. It's a hecking good couch coop time. Especially for people who don't wanna keep figuring out their buckets.

pseudanonymous posted:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

faantastic posted:

Diablo 4 Hour Fireside Chat

Diablo 4th quarter earnings report.

Idk. It'd be cool if this new season is going to include a chunk of the rumored real end game. S1 gems were overall pretty underwhelming with not nearly as many crazy OP builds as promised.

It's good they kinda fixed mob density. My s2 expectations are low even with the hype of 2 x 2 hour streams for all the content because last time we got 45 minute stream with half dedicated to Diablo Immortal.

yeah i honestly have no idea what could take 4 hours to present unless like 3 of that is rod's colonoscopy updates and more d:immortal cross promotion bullshit. there's probably a reason why you don't see other games doing 4+ hour long presentations of their new content, but what do I know

imo most of the things that would get d4 into a widely-agreed good spot are things that they could announce in a 15 minute long stream.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 17, 2023

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Maybe if they added a new endgame and are showing someone playing through a 15 minute grift or something, but even for the most hype games 4h does sound like a stretch. Then again PoE's league announcements are typically ~45 minutes long and those don't include patch or skill notes.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's 4 hours long because they have to clear their inventory and check they're not accidentally dismantling the one possible upgrade before they start the new stuff.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

The gently caress do they have to say for 4 hours? It doesn't even take that long to get to world tier 3

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

A complete reading of Galts speech using the mephisto voice filter.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
give me patch notes that have 4 hours worth of stuff to read imo

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

A complete reading of Galts speech using the mephisto voice filter.

don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's obviously 2 hours of nerfs and then 2 hours of buffs that cancel those nerfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
pity post to help hype the $50 expansion coming soon. I'll be getting the $70 edition that lets you play 5 days earlier.