Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

xbilkis posted:

What's this thing the Falcons are doing where they're getting defenders close to Jordan Love while he's passing? Seems unfair; glad the Bears didn't resort to such underhanded tactics last week

yeah the QB should remain untouched and at peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions played pretty bad and almost won. drat lovely way to get to 1-1.

I think the lions need a new d coordinator, he just can't call a good game plan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hopefully won't be so banged up next week.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Shocking that Jordan love doesn't look all that with the game on the line. Pretty funny that there's so much hype about him hitting 3 tds a game but c'mon, he had 150 yards against a mediocre defense

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
NFC north own zone lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

trevorreznik posted:

Shocking that Jordan love doesn't look all that with the game on the line. Pretty funny that there's so much hype about him hitting 3 tds a game but c'mon, he had 150 yards against a mediocre defense

Who exactly has a good defense

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Not the North’s finest week.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

NFC north own zone lmao

0-4 week baby yeahhhhh

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

A humbling day

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

God I loving hate this loving defense. I'm so tired of getting beat to poo poo by running teams don't let loving Joe Barry on the goddam plane. Like how often do we have to see this and keep giving this guy another chance gently caress

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
As someone who was following the game on RedZone as a second screen, I have no clue how the Packers lost that game. I saw every Love TD and any time the Falcons had the ball they seemed to be frustratingly kicking a FG on 4th and short from inside the 20

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

CharlestheHammer posted:

Who exactly has a good defense

Not the falcons

Good defenses: cowboys, jets? Uhhh that's about it

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Congrats nfc north. A silver lining in an otherwise terrible lions loss. Not even sure it's the worst loss of the week for the north.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

NFC North 2023: Are we the baddies? (Yes)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Scipiotik posted:

Congrats nfc north. A silver lining in an otherwise terrible lions loss. Not even sure it's the worst loss of the week for the north.

Definitely isn’t, particularly because of the incredibly egregious uncalled, holding on Hutch on that last play

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

xbilkis posted:

As someone who was following the game on RedZone as a second screen, I have no clue how the Packers lost that game. I saw every Love TD and any time the Falcons had the ball they seemed to be frustratingly kicking a FG on 4th and short from inside the 20

The packers offense collapsed in the 4th quarter and Joe Barry’s defense did what it always does.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bring it in boys let's gooooooooooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMlmfjdWgU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

trevorreznik posted:

Eh I think he looked pretty solid

Not amazing and the preseason thought of "hey is he good under pressure at all?" might hold water, but solid and definitely capable of going far with a really good supporting cast (which he, um, may not have)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

trevorreznik posted:

Missing: LT, LG, RB1, WR1, and lots of drops by both the defense and WRs. Falcons were smart to consistently dial up pressure on the left side of the line.

He didn't panic under pressure. Only one really bad throw all game. He wasn't the problem (Joe Barry).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

trevorreznik posted:

Not the falcons

Good defenses: cowboys, jets? Uhhh that's about it

I mean at that point whether you do well against a mediocre defense seems like it’s not important as that’s who your going to be facing

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yea, needs some work with the game on the line. Still say Love is solid at this point but not going past that yet.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Lions are frauds. I take no pleasure in saying this

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
I would love to be proven wrong, but man -- AJ Dillion just doesn't seem to have it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Scipiotik posted:

no that'd be the bears

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

The packers offense collapsed in the 4th quarter and Joe Barry’s defense did what it always does.

They played with the lead and let the falcons gash them hard

That and the D refused the picks the falcons kept trying to gift them

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

51 points allowed two years ago, 48 last year, 37 this year, clearly Aaron Glenn is improving and deserves to keep his job

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah I'm really not high on Glenn. It seemed like there were so many open receivers for the Seahawks constantly. Not being able to bring Geno down despite constantly getting near him was frustrating as well.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Glad everyone wore ski masks so they can hide their embarrassment

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tough loss, felt like the Packers were in control for 80% of the game

Gotta learn from this one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

kdrudy posted:

Yea, needs some work with the game on the line. Still say Love is solid at this point but not going past that yet.

I mean his supporting cast wasn’t great. Missing your two best offensive options does matter

He honestly did better than I thought he would

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

They played with the lead and let the falcons gash them hard

That and the D refused the picks the falcons kept trying to gift them

Yup. There was at least one pick-6 dropped.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

God dammit I take a nap and Canton decided to melt Love's bust...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Anti-Hero posted:

Yup. There was at least one pick-6 dropped.

Jaire dropped an easy pick-6, Walker dropped a pick, there was another one too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I loving hate Seattle

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Shrimpy posted:

I would love to be proven wrong, but man -- AJ Dillion just doesn't seem to have it.

He either runs upright so can’t break tackles nor fall forward to pick up extra yards, or just freaking stumbles over nothing. How did he not make that third and one in the fourth quarter

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I loving hate Seattle

Dude, I seriously never wanna see them again, this poo poo always happens when we play them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The packers absolutely need Aaron Jones but we knew that against chicago

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Classic Pack "playing down" game huh? Didn't get to witness

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anyway lmao that the Packers got outfoxed by Arthur Smith and lmao that the first time he actually experienced a bit of pressure, Love threw four ducks in a row to immediately lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It was just a sloppy game overall though the biggest issue in the Packer game long term is they still can’t stop a competent RB