Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
it's illegal to direct traffic if you don't have police authorization therefore I must side with the driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Only some kind of radical wokist would attempt to prevent deer from being hit. Therefore, the driver had reasonable grounds for fearing that he was an antifa terrorist and it was justifiable to shoot him.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

webcams for christ posted:

maybe. but the victim was a corrections officer, which is cop-adjacent, which means he's more Human

Yeah, the really fortunate thing about this is that nothing of value was lost.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
can’t believe all this cop on cop violence

won’t someone call on it to stop?

anyone?

well ok then hows the weather

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
were the deer okay??

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
the best* part is hitting the deer wouldve ripped that dudes car

*best is very relative here

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
v. conflicted between hatred of the dead torture enthusiast and the psychopathic driver of the vehicle who thinks it's a good idea to just shoot random people in the road.

maybe it's just for the best that they're both gone.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant 'green' delivery e-bikes planned by NYC DOT 'will kill cyclists' while crowding bike lanes, riders warn https://nypost.com/2023/09/15/nyc-dots-giant-green-cargo-e-bikes-will-kill-cyclists/

nyc is going to approve bike lane travel for 4 foot wide, 500 pound (unloaded), 20 mph, 4 wheeled electric delivery trucks
Making them 48" wide and 20mph is loving stupid, and so's preventing the use of trailers. But hey, NYC DOT so no surprises.

NYC'er are supposedly hardcore but you nerds tolerate a surprising number of shitheads parked in bike lanes without lopping their mirrors off.

evil_bunnY has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Sep 16, 2023

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bought a new bike for my kid in the fancy store downtown, then brought it home on the bus and we took a 6km ride right there and then. Gears and bigger wheels are very good.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

BonHair posted:

Bought a new bike for my kid in the fancy store downtown, then brought it home on the bus and we took a 6km ride right there and then. Gears and bigger wheels are very good.
huzzah! Our littlest got gears this year and it made a huge difference.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant 'green' delivery e-bikes planned by NYC DOT 'will kill cyclists' while crowding bike lanes, riders warn https://nypost.com/2023/09/15/nyc-dots-giant-green-cargo-e-bikes-will-kill-cyclists/

nyc is going to approve bike lane travel for 4 foot wide, 500 pound (unloaded), 20 mph, 4 wheeled electric delivery trucks

that's just a cargo ebike!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

deer are basically big rats.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

huzzah! Our littlest got gears this year and it made a huge difference.

Looking forward to speedy commutes to school from now on.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

ArmZ posted:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

ArmZ posted:

deer are natures bollards in this context

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

it's literally a car, yeah. Even the totally-for-disabled-people-wink-wink small cars in Amsterdam are *way* smaller.

BonHair posted:

Looking forward to speedy commutes to school from now on.
yeah we're still working on that lol. it's mostly so they can actually make it up the underpass ramps.

evil_bunnY has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Sep 16, 2023

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ArmZ posted:

rats are way smarter than deer

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
daily mail and the victim was a retired police chief but still, gently caress cars.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526679/Las-Vegas-hit-run-death-cyclist-Andreas-Probst.html

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
innocent until proven guilty

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Harik posted:

v. conflicted between hatred of the dead torture enthusiast and the psychopathic driver of the vehicle who thinks it's a good idea to just shoot random people in the road.

maybe it's just for the best that they're both gone.

sorry, did the psychopath get shot by a vigilante or something when i wasn't looking?

WaryWarren posted:

daily mail and the victim was a retired police chief but still, gently caress cars.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526679/Las-Vegas-hit-run-death-cyclist-Andreas-Probst.html

hmmm lots of facets to this one. tough to call

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Rode my bike today

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

hmmm lots of facets to this one. tough to call

i think it's bad, OP

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

evil_bunnY posted:

it's literally a car, yeah. Even the totally-for-disabled-people-wink-wink small cars in Amsterdam are *way* smaller.

I was shocked to see those, here they would be smashed by an F150 as soon as they got on the road.

It was also really funny to see the American cars that were clearly at least 30% too big for any parking spot just kind of shoved into there anyway.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rode my bike today

:yeshaha:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rode my bike today

hell yeah. we enjoyed great weather for a leisure ride today

https://i.imgur.com/Fuigemv.mp4

need to get an action cam to capture the far-better views during the actual ride

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://archive.ph/IdS6m

there's no dedicated pedestrian entrance lol

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

Whatever this is, I can't get to it in two different browsers.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Ham Equity posted:

luxury-car branded condos in miami that can only be entered by car, complete with car-elevators so you can gently caress your car in the privacy of your own apartment

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

actionjackson posted:

quote:

Because if you live in a condo, especially if you’re famous, the most annoying thing is driving through the front entrance or dealing with the valet. We avoided that.”

:same:

quote:

For serious car collectors looking to translate horse power to housing, Miami offers other options. In downtown Miami, the 391-unit Aston Martin Residences, currently under construction and scheduled to be completed by the end of the year, is nearly completely sold out.

The 66-story tower is shaped like a gleaming curved sail, with units starting at $6.5 million and climbing to $59 million for the triplex penthouse, which comes with your very own Aston Martin Vulcan, a rare $2.3-million hypercar. The building, which calls itself “A car made into a skyscraper” on its website, is meant to embody a timeless, James Bond-approved, zeitgeist. When it opens, said the developer, German Coto, “It will be appreciated by those who value a unique luxury lifestyle.”

Ok I guess I hate condos too now.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Ham Equity posted:

it’s an article about luxury branded real estate with time spent on a fancy live-in parking parking garage commissioned by owned by and operated by porsche. It has some funny tidbits. there’s the mentioned quote about how you enter “underground via a graphite hued archway” (parking garage entrance) and some stuff about how the architect has 36 cars (noting that the architects dad has 1,800, wow!)

then it talks about other car branded apartments around the world, and ends with a throwaway quote about how “non traditional” brands are getting into real-estate and how people probably won’t live in coca-cola apartments but maybe restoration hardware apartments??? the phrase “gilded age” is used several times in positive context throughout.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mr. Sharps posted:

then it talks about other car branded apartments around the world, and ends with a throwaway quote about how “non traditional” brands are getting into real-estate and how people probably won’t live in coca-cola apartments but maybe restoration hardware apartments??? the phrase “gilded age” is used several times in positive context throughout.

So broke you have to live in the Mr. Pibb brand apartments.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Mr. Sharps posted:

and some stuff about how the architect has 36 cars (noting that the architects dad has 1,800, wow!)

Lol yeah when I saw that it was like a piece of the generational wealth puzzle dropped into place.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I do kinda want to live in the Coca Cola apartments if the tap has hot, cold and sugary water.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

BonHair posted:

I do kinda want to live in the Coca Cola apartments if the tap has hot, cold and sugary water.

a sparkling water tap with centrally provided carbonation would be an unironically nice to have feature in a modern apartment

but lol at centralized amenities in residential construction

Apr 7, 2003

BonHair posted:

There was an article from 1958 or so posted in a previous iteration of the economy
thread about the American CEO and how he lives a modest life. The same article had pictures of a CEO’s kitchen, which had hot and cold water taps and also a scotch whiskey tap.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the penthouse in the aston martin one comes with a hypercar

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/300-Biscayne-Boulevard-Way-PENTHOUSE-6301-Miami-FL-33131/2068603070_zpid/

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Sharps posted:

the architect has 36 cars (noting that the architects dad has 1,800, wow!)

a new car every fortnight for life

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

day one at the lambourgini arms and I burned out the clutch on my refrigerator trying to use tbr ice dispenser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

lol