Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I think I got a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

JGdmn posted:

They say Rage is now part of machine because they support vaccines and masks.

Beat me to it. They think they were on the same side, and it was Rage that sold out their values, not conservatives.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Some of those who work forces
Are those who I worship

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

“—are those which burn crosses (complimentary)”

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I mean, also the only thing they heard is gently caress you I won't do what you tell me.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
(Unless you’re Donald Tru-ump)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i get that masks and vaccines are all part of a conspiracy but, really, who are they working for when ratm endorse masks and vaccines?
like, even if they do believe it's a conspiracy, do they think ratm was contacted and paid personally by "the deep state" to push masks? just met them backstage one day with a check? they could very well be well meaning dupes
there's got to be some size cut off for "the machine". you can't be like "look at him participating in the water cycle like a cog!"

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

You’ve now committed the fatal error where you try to understand CHUD culture on a basis other than the thought-terminating cliche

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

InsertPotPun posted:

i get that masks and vaccines are all part of a conspiracy but, really, who are they working for when ratm endorse masks and vaccines?
like, even if they do believe it's a conspiracy, do they think ratm was contacted and paid personally by "the deep state" to push masks? just met them backstage one day with a check? they could very well be well meaning dupes
there's got to be some size cut off for "the machine". you can't be like "look at him participating in the water cycle like a cog!"

Yes, yes they do.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

InsertPotPun posted:

You're so wildly wrong. The machine has paid off my neighbor to always have their dog pee on my lawn! That's carpet grass they're ruining! :bahgawd:

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Rage is anti-authority.

Authority told us to wear masks.

Rage are hypocrites.

That’s literally it.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Mooseontheloose posted:

I mean, also the only thing they heard is gently caress you I won't do what you tell me.

My personal favorite was a woman singing along specifically to the "some of those who work forces" part while wearing a thin blue line flag as a fuckin cape

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She's the one who burns crosses.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

JGdmn posted:

Rage is anti-authority.

Authority told us to wear masks.

Rage are hypocrites.

That’s literally it.

I guess if we are being "fair." Rage's popularity starts in the 90s during the Clinton Administration and I can see where people draw a line of saying, see RaTM is saying Democrats are the real problem and we should always look at Democratic leaders as hostile. Mix it in with the free trade stuff, I see how people get there.

Of course it's hard to discuss nuance and complication in a 3 to 4 minute song.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Conservatives have a long history of not really understanding music and specific songs. Fortunate Son, Born in the USA...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Conservatives have a long history of not really understanding music and specific songs. Fortunate Son, Born in the USA...

Sure, 100% but I can SEE how someone got there in this instance.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Deuce posted:

My personal favorite was a woman singing along specifically to the "some of those who work forces" part while wearing a thin blue line flag as a fuckin cape

Incredibly likely she doesn't think it's a condemnation.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

JGdmn posted:

Rage is anti-authority.

I wonder what they think the giant red star means.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

I wonder what they think the giant red star means.

A star for America and red for the GOP, obviously.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Dameius posted:

A star for America and red for the GOP, obviously.

Should be a brown star then :goatsecx:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"Normal" life

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
They don't have Long COVID. They're just getting old!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
We were turning away folk due to the pandemic. Oh I guess I mean they don't want people coming from Mexico even if they're legally allowed in the US.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's the dog with the frisbee meme but "no quarantine, only racism"

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

hamster_style posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo. My cousin who has been active duty in the Army for the last 8+ years posted this. He's lost friends in the war, and suffers from PTSD, yet inexplicably loving loves George Bush. I really don't get it.

Edit : may as well put this one here too. Crazy Uncle, different side of the family(I'm surrounded).

I found this post while trying to find something completely different.

Funny how things change.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I found this post while trying to find something completely different.

Funny how things change.

George W. Bush posted:

I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. I was able to get a sense of his soul.

In fairness to Mr Bush, they do both love being wartime strongmen, invading countries and murdering countless innocents on flimsy personal pretenses, and dogs, so I don’t think he’s lying

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

quote:

I'm older than 50.

I watched racist Democrats die off.
I watched non-racist Republicans take over.
I watched the South become less and less racist as it became more and more Republican.
I watched Northern cities become more and more racist as they became more and more Democrat.
I watched racist Democrats, ashamed of their past, attempt to swindle a generation of schoolchildren with the Howard Zinn-inspired "party switch" hoax.
Today, the most racist places in America are cities that have been run by Democrats for decades. The least racist places in America are Republican-run Southern states (outside the racist blue Democrat urban hellhole cities in their states).
These are all plain, documented facts. Incontestable facts that any non-brainwashed person over 50 knows to be true.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
No-one ever comes after the z-man anymore, nice to see him get a mention

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have to wonder why these guys think the party switch happened, because it did. You can flat out see the voting record switch sides. But "it's not racism" so what?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CuddleCryptid posted:

I have to wonder why these guys think the party switch happened, because it did. You can flat out see the voting record switch sides. But "it's not racism" so what?

Well, you see, it didn't happen so there

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The Solid South just suddenly changed its mind! No reason, don't look into history!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i "love" these things that end with "and you know it too" type bullshit. because everyone agrees with them and if they say they aren't they're lying. i've had more than one old white guy say some variation of that while saying racist poo poo to me, "you feel it to, you know, you're smart enough to agree with me" is shameless bullshit and the mark of a flim-flam man

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

quote:

The least racist places in America are Republican-run Southern states

As a southerner myself, may I take the moment to say :lmao:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 26, 2023

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's an unhinged take. Completely separated from reality.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Southern Man, better keep your head.
Don't forget what the good book said.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

InsertPotPun posted:

i "love" these things that end with "and you know it too" type bullshit. because everyone agrees with them and if they say they aren't they're lying. i've had more than one old white guy say some variation of that while saying racist poo poo to me, "you feel it to, you know, you're smart enough to agree with me" is shameless bullshit and the mark of a flim-flam man

It's basically the proto-version of the "Change My Mind" guy.

My headcanon is based on objective FACTS AND LOGIC, and anyone who disagrees with me is a LIAR.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Panfilo posted:

quote:

I'm older than 50.

I watched racist Democrats die off.
I watched non-racist Republicans take over.
I watched the South become less and less racist as it became more and more Republican.
I watched Northern cities become more and more racist as they became more and more Democrat.
I watched racist Democrats, ashamed of their past, attempt to swindle a generation of schoolchildren with the Howard Zinn-inspired "party switch" hoax.
Today, the most racist places in America are cities that have been run by Democrats for decades. The least racist places in America are Republican-run Southern states (outside the racist blue Democrat urban hellhole cities in their states).
These are all plain, documented facts. Incontestable facts that any non-brainwashed person over 50 knows to be true.
I'm balls-deep in red Texas (85% Trump in 2020 in my county) and the nearest town of any relevance to me had a loving Klan rally in it some years back. Also Tea Party protests, I went to two of those and every other person there felt like the governor in Blazing Saddles going "can't you see that this man is a ni-!". Not a single non-white face and I actively looked.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 26, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Islamic Shock posted:

Not a single non-white face and I actively looked.
By their logic this makes you the racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Whatever I'm saying is documented by me an illiterate