Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

blarzgh posted:

On the other hand, Philly looked unstoppable on the ground, and hung 35 on a team that's considered to be one of premier contenders in the NFC

Nobody thinks this about the Vikings TBH. The roster is talented enough but they were 11-0 in one-score games last season, which isn't sustainable.

Pretty sure they won their division with a negative point differential lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Doltos posted:

He's a great passer already. He just isn't a threat to pass first, which is fine. I'd take someone who is a threat to get a first down every time they throw the ball over a big armed pocket passer in today's NFL.

*sad echoes of RG3 ripple through the thread *

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
other teams have tried that push-sneak land can't get it done, and Minshew wasn't good at it either with the same OL, so Hurts is contributing something unique in those 1 yard must-have situations

that said, it doesn't mean anything about his running ability cause the other contemporary QB with that same unique skill is Tom Brady

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

indigi posted:

other teams have tried that push-sneak land can't get it done, and Minshew wasn't good at it either with the same OL, so Hurts is contributing something unique in those 1 yard must-have situations

that said, it doesn't mean anything about his running ability cause the other contemporary QB with that same unique skill is Tom Brady

Brady was good at picking his spot, Hurts is good at picking his spot and also can squat like 600 pounds

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yea Hurts reminds me of my favorite player of all time Darren Sproles in that he isn’t all that big but he has like 3 layers of muscles on every inch of his body

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I miss Brian Westbrook still. I could watch that guy run for hours.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Asproigerosis posted:

Hurts is basically just a fullback

Nah. You're confusing Jalen with Taysom Hill.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Rogue Elephant posted:

Brady was good at picking his spot, Hurts is good at picking his spot and also can squat like 600 pounds

yeah but is he strong enough to cheat. I’m not sure

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Taysom Hill is a FOOTBALL player

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Vengarr posted:

I miss Brian Westbrook still. I could watch that guy run for hours.

Lol I remember making amv's of Westbrook highlights to the tunes of motley crue and posting them on the official eagles forum...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

He is indeed a good runner tho wtf? Like not ADP but he runs to the edge well and the qb sneak thing works which is better than most qbs

I don't think he's a top tier runner like Vick or Lamar nor is he built to hammer people like Jones or Newton. He plays too much like the latter instead of the former. I don't think he has the agility or speed to be like Lamar either. It's more that he's good enough and that's perfectly fine in the NFL. It's why a good 40 time doesn't matter too much as a 4.3 versus a 4.6 is breadths of a step that can be made up by a misstep/weaker throw/jammed at the line/etc.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My worry is the ball security considering how much contact he gets into. He doesn't have running back ball security to be going into contact so much.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Holy poo poo the Giants are frauds.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

davecrazy posted:

Holy poo poo the Giants are frauds.

They're looking like absolute rear end against the Cards its incredible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Maybe I cut them too much slack due to the rain.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
This is embarrassing.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
So I guess I should start looking at Caleb WIlliams film

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i thought the giants would regress into being mediocre but this is hysterical

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

corn on the cop posted:

i thought the giants would regress into being mediocre but this is hysterical

I did pick them for last in the division, but, drat, this is bad. The Jason Garrett led offense was better than this.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Giants look like rear end and the Commanders look like rear end too. Gonna be a long afternoon.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah this is blow up the team territory now. That loving Jones extension.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
the Giants..... they suck bad.... it looks like anyway

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Dakota Prescott more like Montana Prescott cause he's living in Big Guy Country with that sneak.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Saquon looks cooked too.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
will the Giants ever score a point this season. they're on pace not to

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

I did pick them for last in the division, but, drat, this is bad. The Jason Garrett led offense was better than this.

Yeah :rip: to this team

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
this guy Daniem Jones is the real "drat Daniel"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
One post from TFF that I think about a lot during every football season is when someone was talking about Chris Mortensen's nicknames and came up with Joseph "Joseph 'Live And Let Addai' Addai" Live And Let Addai

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The Dave posted:

Yeah this is blow up the team territory now. That loving Jones extension.

They can't. It's already blown up. They have so little talent. Saquon, Thomas, and then ???

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

One post from TFF that I think about a lot during every football season is when someone was talking about Chris Mortensen's nicknames and came up with Joseph "Joseph 'Live And Let Addai' Addai" Live And Let Addai

Berman was the one with all the nicknames. Mort was one of the reporters/“insiders”.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Rogue Elephant posted:

They can't. It's already blown up. They have so little talent. Saquon, Thomas, and then ???

Maybe I meant literally.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
oh yeah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Saquon to the Fowboys next season. make it happen

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The Dave posted:

Maybe I meant literally.

harsh but fair

edit: VVV yeah i realized i was forgetting him almost immediately after posting

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 17, 2023

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Rogue Elephant posted:

Lawrence

Saquon has now Engram'd two picks directly to defenders, I don't see him sticking around if he keeps this up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
No Sauce Gardener. nice drop you overrated bitch (sorry I don't think you're a bitch actually) (or overrated)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

THERE’S A DEUCE LOOSE IN THE HOOSE

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
god the Jets are laying wood. I hope none of my cowboys gets hurt

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
On pace to be the 1st division to have a team go 40-0 or 0-40 each week for an entire season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Giants in danger of being relegated to the NFC South