Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm sure the cop was a gang member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Coasterphreak posted:

So apparently a cop got shot in LA.

Praise Dornier

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm sure the cop was a gang member

He did say LA.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Coasterphreak posted:

This isn't really newsworthy, cops get shot a lot.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Praise Dornier

Very out of character though, Dorniers tend to favor bombs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stackofflapjacks posted:

The full video is apparently an over the pants handie :science: e: https://twitter.com/Kaylan_TX/status/1702787403881087087?s=20

The fact that they apparently got this hot and bothered over Beetlejuice: The Musical is probably the most damning part of this. Absolute sicko poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bored As gently caress posted:

This isn't really newsworthy, cops get shot a lot.

Most cop gunshot wounds are self inflicted.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Midjack posted:

The fact that they apparently got this hot and bothered over Beetlejuice: The Musical is probably the most damning part of this. Absolute sicko poo poo.

Maybe they were bored :shrug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Midjack posted:

I’ve seen it three times on Broadway and am totally in love with two of the original leads (Kerry and Leslie) but even I couldn’t pop wood while watching a performance.

She got some voyeur issues imo. Really funny for a politician.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crab Dad posted:

I’ve seen it three times on Broadway and am totally in love with two of the original leads (Kerry and Leslie) but even I couldn’t pop wood while watching a performance.

She got some voyeur issues imo. Really funny for a politician.

Exhibitionist, not voyeur.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Exhibitionist, not voyeur.

I sat in my bed for like 5 minutes trying to recall the proper word and another minute loving up the spelling.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Most cop gunshot wounds are self inflicted.

Or Buddy Inflicted.

The fun part of Body Worn Camera shooting videos is seeing how many cops abandon all 4 Rules and Common Sense as soon as they pull their piece. The sheer amount of friendly fire is insane.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Or Buddy Inflicted.

The fun part of Body Worn Camera shooting videos is seeing how many cops abandon all 4 Rules and Common Sense as soon as they pull their piece. The sheer amount of friendly fire is insane.

Yup. Cop line of duty deaths by rank: 1: covid-19, 2: heart attack/obesity related disease, 3: auto crashes, 4: gunshot woulds (most are self inflicted or blue on blue).

The overwhelming majority of cop deaths are caused by cops.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I haven't checked recently (last time was before COVID number were a stat), but last time I looked, they weren't even top 10 most dangerous professions, and when you remove suicide/accidental self inflicted, and the heart attacks, it drops below top 25. Remove Traffice Accidents (again, often Officer responsible accidents- driving too fast for conditions, distracted driving, inadequate training, falling asleep/DWI, inappropriate offensive driving/pursuits, etc) and their job falls somewhere in the top 50, way below landscapers, cab drivers, food delivery, and cashier.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Crab Dad posted:

Ive only seen a bootleg and can confirm that show slaps even with lovely audio and visual quality.

I want to say there might be something to say about people groping each other about a musical thats upfront about grieving and mortality , but im not clever enough.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bobo's date watched that episode of South Park and took the joke about Broadway having sexual subtext causing women to become horny literally and, ironically, it worked.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I just figured they split a molly and just let the night lead them down the path of public boob grabbing and over the pants handy j's.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

goatsestretchgoals posted:

honestly the handie is the least offensive part of all this

if my wife made me sit through a musical (even beetlejuice) I’d want some quid pro quo

Any musical not by rodgers and hammerstein I’m getting a Blow Job on the drive home.

Reality: This has never happened. And I had to sit through a lot of musicals once Covid was “over”

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Coasterphreak posted:

Oh no!

Anyway,

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Any musical not by rodgers and hammerstein I’m getting a Blow Job on the drive home.

Reality: This has never happened. And I had to sit through a lot of musicals once Covid was “over”

Roger and Hammerstein is just guaranteed crying date. Goddamn Carousel was depressing.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
We have season tickets to the Altria theatre in Richmond, and I'm so glad my kids want to see most of the shows this year, so I don't have to go. I really can't stand musical theater, I try, but I can't be assed to care. I am thankful that I saw Les Mis, as excruciating as it was to watch, I get a lot more Simpsons jokes now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bulletsponge13 posted:

Or Buddy Inflicted.

Yeah but their buddy is just as armed and dangerous as they are, which is often more armed and dangerous than the member of the public that they’re drawing on.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crab Dad posted:

Roger and Hammerstein is just guaranteed crying date. Goddamn Carousel was depressing.

Yeah but you gotta admit, those fella’s knew how to make a show.

I also adore Gilbert and Sullivan.

It’s important to note my vision and hearing have gone and are going at a deleterious pace, so when I go watch something that isn’t something I’ve seen and heard before it’s all just noise and blurs.

Yes it’s depressing because when the Book of Mormon came through my wife said it was amazing and hilarious and it was just noise and blues for old shim.

I guess I’m just good at mentally filling in the gaps where my senses are going to poo poo if the performances are similar enough.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Enjoyed Come From Away, good mix of songs & story. Also saw community theater production of Little Shop of Horrors that had a 10/10 giant plant monster prop, that owned.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not much for musicals but I love seeing Shakespeare on stage. Got to see Patrick Stewart in Macbeth and Hamlet and Pete Postlethwaite in The Tempest while I lived in England. Couldn't get tickets to him and Ian McKellen's Waiting for Godot, which is something I'll regret to my dying day.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Come from Away was great, especially as a Canadian with East Coast ties.
I didn't care for Hamilton much, but we don't really have the founding father mythos drilled into us up here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

Come from Away was great, especially as a Canadian with East Coast ties.
I didn't care for Hamilton much, but we don't really have the founding father mythos drilled into us up here.

Hamilton was ok. Not a huge fan of the constant rap style. The songs are quite good. The kings stuff really was comedy gold.

Best show I saw this year was Hades Town followed by Six.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Crab Dad posted:

Hamilton was ok. Not a huge fan of the constant rap style. The songs are quite good. The kings stuff really was comedy gold.

Hades town is on my wish list.

The tiny desk concert is amazing

https://youtu.be/XKwDFDDr_VA?si=Q9ktRVN_SnRaVALZ

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Defenestrategy posted:

Ive only seen a bootleg and can confirm that show slaps even with lovely audio and visual quality.

I want to say there might be something to say about people groping each other about a musical thats upfront about grieving and mortality , but im not clever enough.

I want to say that they made a joke about Boebert or MTG in the performance I saw, so maybe their entire attendance was masturbatory.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nystral posted:

Hades town is on my wish list.

The tiny desk concert is amazing

https://youtu.be/XKwDFDDr_VA?si=Q9ktRVN_SnRaVALZ

I’m so happy I got to see it with Eva. She was amazing. Reeve is great too. Really channeled his inner doofus.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah Hamilton is fine, if I’d seen it cold probably would have been amazed but it was so culturally saturated at that point definitely lessened the impact. Was a bit too much when Nytimes was telling people to sell all they own to see it but also didn’t really deserve knee jerk scorn from the far left.

She Loves Me was fun & light hearted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah Hamilton is fine, if I’d seen it cold probably would have been amazed but it was so culturally saturated at that point definitely lessened the impact. Was a bit too much when Nytimes was telling people to sell all they own to see it but also didn’t really deserve knee jerk scorn from the far left.

She Loves Me was fun & light hearted.

Fleetweek got me amazing tickets to Hamilton and I had managed to never listen to the whole score or watch it ahead of time so I was pleasantly entertained.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1703575287957430601?t=9kmN7usVwXlECwc3ksQjMA&s=19

Gee, it'd be nice if somebody could do something about this. Oh well.

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

Have you seen my missing F-35?

https://twitter.com/TeamCharleston/status/1703523385475534968?t=rtR0khgh12q1HBwgyP2gXg&s=19

https://twitter.com/FunkerActual/status/1703549389430555057

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

awful nice of the USA to give a ukrainian farmer an f35

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ardiem posted:

Have you seen my missing F-35?

Christ, it's like that MiG in the 80s that flew something like 1000 km on its own after the pilot ejected. :suspense:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

awful nice of the USA to give a ukrainian farmer an f35

The Ghost has a new whip.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
if it's on autopilot and still flying, why'd the pilot eject

what is air defense doing ???

Lemniscate Blue