Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dominik mysterio and judgement day are one of wwe's top acts at the moment

lol they brought nia jax back? Rock would show up and acknowledge wwe if they rehired his lovely cousin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Yea Cody vs Dom is on paper a great feud because they have similar backgrounds but Dom hates his dad and Cody worships his. Dom needs a solid in ring feud to cement him as a top player, he has the heat now he needs the meat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cody trying to steal the heat off a hot young talent… tale as old as time. That’s why Tony fired his rear end.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dom is cool

bartok
May 10, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea Cody vs Dom is on paper a great feud because they have similar backgrounds but Dom hates his dad and Cody worships his. Dom needs a solid in ring feud to cement him as a top player, he has the heat now he needs the meat.

Taste the meat not the heat.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

bah gawd he calls that the vogner char king! *drops my opponent and myself on our heads, not immediately clear what i was trying to do*

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite wrestler before he joined WWE was Akira Tozawa. I would love if they treated him like big fat loser Cody Rhodes.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

on the one hand I want jade to succeed because she's awesome

on the other hand jumping ship from the company that built you up as an unstoppable monster star (relative to their handling of the rest of women's division of course) to be squandered in nxt for a few months then released with budget cuts is a comedy option that is also hard to not be alright with though

either way we all win

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
cody should win money in the bank and then do the cena style cashin where he announces it in advance because it's more honorable then he loses to roman again

e: I mean, this would have to be next year's MitB obviously

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

My favorite wrestler before he joined WWE was Akira Tozawa. I would love if they treated him like big fat loser Cody Rhodes.

imagine Tozawa vs motivated Brock

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cody will be number 1 in the Rumble and Rock will be number 30 and win

It's like poetry. It rhymes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Cody will be number 1 in the Rumble and Rock will be number 30 and win

It's like poetry. It rhymes

Maybe Cody can beat Gunther for the IC Title by kicking him in the dick.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Maybe Cody can beat Gunther for the IC Title by kicking him in the dick.

That is an old belt Dusty never got to win

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cody will curtain jerk Wrestlemania 40 by winning the NXT title, a belt his old man helped create.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

The difference to me is that the Jackass guys set out to get hit in the nuts with a 20 pound frozen fish. They don't try to sell me on the idea that they went back to the Get Hit In The Nuts Factory to finally fulfil their dream and their promise to their dead dad and whatnot.

Lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

The problem with Dom is that they keep having him wrestle like a high flying lucha guy and he sucks rear end at it. In lucha he’d be a great base but because it’s wwe and no one works lucha there he should just lean into being bigger and just start hitting dudes hard. He only lands like 30 percent of his acrobatic stuff so why even have him keep doing it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That is an old belt Dusty never got to win

"There's one title my father Dusty never won" as he pulls the 24/7 Title out of the garbage

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The_Rob posted:

The problem with Dom is that they keep having him wrestle like a high flying lucha guy and he sucks rear end at it. In lucha he’d be a great base but because it’s wwe and no one works lucha there he should just lean into being bigger and just start hitting dudes hard. He only lands like 30 percent of his acrobatic stuff so why even have him keep doing it.

You aren’t wrong, give him a brawler move set.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wwf crowds are like a bacta tank for narcissists

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You see brother, when 14,000 people react to me, it's actually like 100,000 people are there, so I've actually had nights where I had over a million people reacting to me.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

The last time I was at Target, I was looking at the wrestling figures just to see who they had, and the answer was a full peg of Brother Love. He seems like the guy a kid would be the least interested in.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

You see brother, when 14,000 people react to me, it's actually like 100,000 people are there, so I've actually had nights where I had over a million people reacting to me.

Were you there when 81,036 people were cheering for the Rock?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Why does the Rock sound so comically fake when he's doing the humble thing lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Fake tweet because there’s no mention of his tequila or energy drink

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rock said ALL IN so congrats on the Rock for becoming All Elite

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dango Bango posted:

Were you there when 81,036 people were cheering for "Rock Hard" Juice Robinson?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Maigius posted:

The last time I was at Target, I was looking at the wrestling figures just to see who they had, and the answer was a full peg of Brother Love. He seems like the guy a kid would be the least interested in.

lol

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Id probably buy a Paul Bearer

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Drakkel posted:

"There's one title my father Dusty never won" as he picks up the 24/7 Title off the floor of Mohegan Sun Arena

Fixed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

Id probably buy a Paul Bearer

definitely

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Maigius posted:

I'd have bought a Brother Love figure when I was a kid. He would have crossover appeal with my Turtles action figures. Great jobber villain figure.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So with Jade coming in, my guess is that Cody is going to fight Dom, Rhea is gonna cause a distraction or whatever, and Cody will introduce Jade to counter.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Codependent Poster posted:

So with Jade coming in, my guess is that Cody is going to fight Dom, Rhea is gonna cause a distraction or whatever, and Cody will introduce Jade to counter.

And then swerve as Brandi comes out to thunderous sighs

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Codependent Poster posted:

This was my thought, too. Also, Cody's been shown to pull some strings (he 'negotiated' Jey to RAW), so this is another way to show his importance.

Bloodline/JD are kind of intermingling so we may see some kind of superteam forming on either side. Solo - Jimmy - Dom - Finn - Priest vs Cody - Cena - Jey - Sami - KO, with the wild card being whatever Rock wants to do.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Did everyone forget that Cody already did the Dom feud a few months ago? I don’t blame you tbh, the match was barely more than a squash.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just realized I don’t even know why some of ya’ll hate Cody.

Can anyone quantify it? Is it betraying AEW? That he didn’t want to turn heel? (he did turn heel by the way it just wasn’t a pure heel alignment, he leaned into the reactions and put over his opponents.)

Is it the tattoo? Why is it funny when bad things happen to the Codester

my truthful real response: i loathe the "american nightmare" character and have never ever liked him doing it as a face (i actually loved him doing it as a heel in njpw, like in a "look at this fuckin rear end in a top hat" way) the logo is some knockoff cop punisher sticker stuff, and also he has a huge neck tattoo of it, he dresses like homelander, wears fancy suits and chomps big cigars while constantly invoking his very "blue collar" character dad, hes always doing this "you just gotta work hard bootstraps" american dream idealism trope while calling himself part of a "wrestling royal family" like

it just *doesnt work* for me on an extremely basic level and the codyverse stuff trending towards total nonsense by the middle/end didnt help, but ive never been into face cody "the american nightmare" rhodes and never will

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I have a soft spot for Cody cause he was my boy when he was Dashing Cody Rhodes and Broken Cody Rhodes but he's also a dork and it's funny when he gets WWE'd. I don't like the blonde hair though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s sad that WWE doesn’t think Cody’s wife can bring anything to the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I like and respect Cody Rhodes the person. He is an adorable dork, who seems personable and huggable outside the ring. And the way he left WWe the first time was awesome. He felt he wasn't being respected, or used properly. So he hosed off, worked hard, did all the things he wanted to do, and helped create a new company for the betterment of other wrestlers. This is a good thing. He is also fun to watch, if you can get past the pretensiousness of the characters he has a hand in creating. (I am the outlier who liked Stardust, and I actually really liked moustachio twirling villian "Dashing" Cody Rhodes.)

But saying all of that. Because I have no emotional investment in WWE, it is funny to watch them gently caress him over in furtherance of their/vinces agenda.

Still I wish him, his very pretty wife, and adorable daughter all the happiness they can get, adn I hope Vince goes broke paying them all.